Covid-19

JCon

It occurs to me that by and large, the vast majority of Canadians have come together during this crisis, but the exact opposite is true for Americans. The divisions that have always been there just under the surface have boiled to the surface and, from where I sit, it appears that a civil war is possible, fomented by a desperate Trump and GOP. I have no doubt that he will be quite willing to sacrifice tens or hundreds of thousands of people to stroke his ego. 

Public health officials advise four new cases of COVID-19 were identified as of 9:30 a.m. today, bringing the total number of lab-confirmed positive and probable positive cases in Manitoba to 271. 

The data also shows:

• eight individuals are currently hospitalized, which includes two individuals in intensive care;
  • 66 active cases and 199 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19; and
  • the number of deaths due to COVID-19 remains at six.

https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/data.html

3 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Public health officials advise four new cases of COVID-19 were identified as of 9:30 a.m. today, bringing the total number of lab-confirmed positive and probable positive cases in Manitoba to 271. 

The data also shows:

• eight individuals are currently hospitalized, which includes two individuals in intensive care;
  • 66 active cases and 199 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19; and
  • the number of deaths due to COVID-19 remains at six.

https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/data.html

The good news is that the number of patients in intensive care and the deceased has remained static.

47 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Just looked him up. Nope. Not going to bother with that one.

Looks like his go-to is chelation "therapy" which has been thoroughly debunked.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today warned eight companies that their over-the-counter (OTC) chelation products are unapproved drugs and devices and that it is a violation of federal law to make unproven claims about these products. There are no FDA-approved OTC chelation products.

The companies that received the warning letters claim that their products treat a range of diseases by removing toxic metals from the body. Some also claim to treat autism spectrum disorder, cardiovascular diseases, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, macular degeneration, and other serious conditions. Some companies that received the warning letters also claim their products will detect the presence of heavy metals to justify the need for chelation therapy.

The drug products involved have not been evaluated by the FDA for treatment of these diseases, and violate the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA). Despite the claims of the companies that received warning letters, the effectiveness in treating any of the diseases listed is unsubstantiated. Depending on the condition, when relying on unproven OTC chelation products to treat serious conditions, patients may delay seeking effective medical care.

In addition, there are serious safety issues associated with chelation products, which can alter the levels of certain substances in the blood. Even when used under medical supervision, these products can cause serious harm, including dehydration, kidney failure, and death.

“These products are dangerously misleading because they are targeted to patients with serious conditions and limited treatment options,” said Deborah Autor, director of the Office of Compliance in the FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. “The FDA must take a firm stand against companies who prey on the vulnerability of patients seeking hope and relief.”

Edited by Tracker

Let me guess: Buttar is another high ranking official in the Woke Brigade...? Oh, right... He claims Bill Gates and Anthony Fauci conspired to help create the COVID-19 pandemic.

What a ******* oxygen thief. And shame on anyone spreading his pitiful lies.

Edited by blue_gold_84
**** the Woke Brigade

It's just wild how all these PHDs, professors, biologists, and scientists that have the credentials, tenure, and support of so many and have dedicated their lives to helping people are just a bunch of conspiracy theorist crackpots. I don't know how you guys just know this to be fact.

The safe thing to do is to just trust in our governments, the big corporations, and the mass media because they always tell us the truth and if they aren't, well, it's for our own good. Right?

6 hours ago, J5V said:

It's just wild how all these PHDs, professors, biologists, and scientists that have the credentials, tenure, and support of so many and have dedicated their lives to helping people are just a bunch of conspiracy theorist crackpots. I don't know how you guys just know this to be fact.

The safe thing to do is to just trust in our governments, the big corporations, and the mass media because they always tell us the truth and if they aren't, well, it's for our own good. Right?

Seems a good reason to question their knowledge is who makes posts supporting them.....

6 hours ago, J5V said:

I tried to tell you before, it's the ability to recognize good information from bad. Credentials don't mean **** if you're a snake oil sales man. 

I think we knew it was coming, is now official, Red River Ex cancelled for 2020.

It is with heavy hearts we announce that, due to the COVID-19 situation, we've made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 Red River Ex scheduled for June 12 to 21, 2020. After much consultation with the Canadian fair industry, government officials and our board of directors, we know this is the right decision for the safety of our community.

Not once in our 71-year history would any of us think that the Red River Ex would not happen. We’ve faced many years of bad weather but nothing that would jeopardize the health and safety of our volunteers, staff and guests.

We ask that you mark June 18 to 27, 2021 on your calendars as we look forward to celebrating Manitoba’s largest summer festival – the Red River Exhibition!

In the meantime, please stay home, stay safe, wash your hands and listen to the directives from health professionals.

We'll make it through this together and will be back better than ever! Watch the video: https://youtu.be/JVYMcoxr8d8

I find that the #1 way to assess information is how they are presenting it.  Listen closely to what they're actually saying. Is it it a 50 minute lecture that could be done in 10 minutes, because they are just saying the same thing in 10 different ways?  Are they showing actual information and studies using slides, or are they just reading information and saying 'this is our data'?

I watched a video yesterday, from a Dr. Erickson in California.  He sounded reasonable, professional and sensible, but he was doing all of the above.  To the surprise of absolutely no one, the video is no longer on youtube or MSN this morning.  Here's a link to a rebuttal:

https://calmatters.org/health/2020/04/debunking-bakersfield-doctors-covid-spread-conclusions/

41 minutes ago, iHeart said:

No photo description available.

It seems that everything has been cancelled except for Kids fest unless they already announced the cancellation this year

Even if schools do reopen, field trips are all cancelled for this year.  So, there is really no point in the Kids Fest being open, as field trips their major source of business.