Covid-19

JCon

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

What’s your point? Are you hoping for more death and chaos? 

Not at all, in fact I've only pointed out only the positive developments in Canada for the past few weeks.  And we were never shutting down the country for more than 1-2 months max.

I do think this board owes an apology to J5V for simply suggesting this very scenario... just a week too early.

Two days ago, this board was adamant that we couldn't even consider that we'd need to think about the economy or that covid could end up as another flu - until someone in authority suggested otherwise ha...  

Just surprised no one accused Angus Reid of being a crazy conspiracy guy.

Well, just an update on my EI claim from yesterday. It took me an hour & a half of redialing, getting thru, dropped calls after doing so or being told ton call back as they were unable to take my call I actually got into the queue. According to my phone I called back 126 times before getting through. After a 6 hour wait on hold & constantly fretting that my call would be dropped but wasn't I spoke to an actual person who took care of my mistake from yesterday. My claim has been reactivated & I can now do my EI reports. I'm not complaining. I'm just relieved it's all taken care of. 

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Not at all, in fact I've only pointed out only the positive developments in Canada for the past few weeks.  And we were never shutting down the country for more than 1-2 months max.

I do think this board owes an apology to J5V for simply suggesting this very scenario... just a week too early.

Two days ago, this board was adamant that we couldn't even consider that we'd need to think about the economy or that covid could end up as another flu - until someone in authority suggested otherwise ha...  

Not sure what you mean by “this board”. Has it become sentient?   Also, can you bring back the winning lottery numbers on your next trip to the future?

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Not sure what you mean by “this board”. Has it become sentient?   Also, can you bring back the winning lottery numbers on your next trip to the future?

I told everyone to invest in stock three weeks ago didn't I?  Don't be greedy.

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, just an update on my EI claim from yesterday. It took me an hour & a half of redialing, getting thru, dropped calls after doing so or being told ton call back as they were unable to take my call I actually got into the queue. According to my phone I called back 126 times before getting through. After a 6 hour wait on hold & constantly fretting that my call would be dropped but wasn't I spoke to an actual person who took care of my mistake from yesterday. My claim has been reactivated & I can now do my EI reports. I'm not complaining. I'm just relieved it's all taken care of. 

Good stuff, Speedflex27! 

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Blah, blah, blah.

What you’re spewing is no different than what you accuse the media and this forum of doing.

I don’t see any calm, informed, factual information coming from the information you provided.

What you offer is YOUR opinion, based on information related to shape your mind..and you don’t, or won’t see it, never mind admit it...but you, yourself swallowed  it.

There are opinions aplenty many of which were grounded in the relentless barrage of media-hype we've been subjected to for the past few weeks. Talk about blah, blah, blah. So what? I had opinions that went against that flow. Again, so what? Isn't that what discussion forums are for, discussing the facts and having opinions? I won't apologise for having an opinion if that's what you're getting at.

A lot of what I've been opining is grounded in fact although admittedly it hasn't been pounded into our heads by the great media machine.

COVID-19: Approximately 83,149 deaths reported worldwide; 12,911 deaths in the U.S., as of Apr. 8, 2020.

Flu: 291,000 to 646,000 deaths worldwide; 12,000 to 61,000 deaths in the U.S. per year.

Source: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/coronavirus-disease-2019-vs-the-flu

16 minutes ago, J5V said:

There are opinions aplenty many of which were grounded in the relentless barrage of media-hype we've been subjected to for the past few weeks. Talk about blah, blah, blah. So what? I had opinions that went against that flow. Again, so what? Isn't that what discussion forums are for, discussing the facts and having opinions? I won't apologise for having an opinion if that's what you're getting at.

A lot of what I've been opining is grounded in fact although admittedly it hasn't been pounded into our heads by the great media machine.

COVID-19: Approximately 83,149 deaths reported worldwide; 12,911 deaths in the U.S., as of Apr. 8, 2020.

Flu: 291,000 to 646,000 deaths worldwide; 12,000 to 61,000 deaths in the U.S. per year.

Source: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/coronavirus-disease-2019-vs-the-flu

We will soon have a control group to answer this question...  US has literally zero direction in their response...  Canada's lockdown versus Trump's stock market skimming ha

6 minutes ago, J5V said:

Problem is the facts are being generated as we go, no one actually knows what the next few months hold in store, everyone is guessing.  My fear is if they moderate restrictions too soon, we  might have to go through this strict isolation stage all over again, which would have an even greater economic impact as people's reserve funds will be diminished even more so.   Any business that relies on discretionary spending is likely to be devastated as consumers are already in financial lock-down and are not anxious to part with any reserves they have accumulated.

Easter coming up this weekend  is a critical test, it could throw a serious spanner into the works if people relax social distancing and insist on congregating en-masse.    I see the East Kootenay region is trying to encourage Albertans to stay the **** away and take their mud-bogging activities elsewhere.  Stay tuned.

59 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sounds like calling MTS/Bell or Shaw.

17 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Sounds like calling MTS/Bell or Shaw.

What was frustrating was when I was able to get through, a recorded voice would ask me for my SIN, my Access Code & then give me all the options I could choose. Then after choosing,  I was  told that there are too many people ahead of me so call back later. Then after another 20 or 30 calls I got back in & did it all over again only to be told to call back later. This went on with me calling back repeatedly. Then finally getting through & thinking how lucky am I??? I must have won the lottery. Word of advice, if you have to call EI just keep doing it even if you were told to call back later. Call back right away. Even if you have to do it 126 times. Eventually you'll get through. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Alberta in depth explanation of modelling shows that the virus will be on its way out by the end of June, if we can maintain the public health measures for another 3 months. Should hit the peak mid-May, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a slight loosening of the rules sometime in June.... 

Edited by Noeller

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

I’m just more curious why you end some of your sentences with ha?

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Apparently this afternoon, the experts at Faux News told Trump that the worst is over all will be just fine real soon.

Yeah I saw a bunch of charts talking about how the US is 'at the peak' in the next few days...

I think they are basing it on NBA players and Senators/Congress as opposed to the actual population.

17 hours ago, J5V said:

"On March 24th, the CDC issued an alert stating that doctors should classify “probable COVID-19” or “likely COVID-19” as Covid-19 deaths. Perhaps that explains the seeming drop-off of pneumonia deaths this year and the simultaneous spike in Covid-19 deaths as some researchers have reported.

The BBC reported last week that, “At present in the US, any death of a Covid-19 patient, no matter what the physician believes to be the direct cause, is counted for public reporting as a Covid-19 death.”

I had heard in New York there was a spike in 'deaths at home'; normally 25 or so people died each day but recently this number has spiked ; Monday saw 280 deaths at home, none of which had been previously confirmed cases of the novel COVID virus. These deaths and others like them were not being included in the COVID death tally, and if included the tally would rise significantly

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/08/829506542/after-deaths-at-home-in-nyc-officials-plan-to-count-many-as-covid-19

I know, who can we trust? NPR and the AP or anti-vaxxer and 'the Feds have no business in healthcare' Ron Paul

1 hour ago, MOBomberFan said:

I had heard in New York there was a spike in 'deaths at home'; normally 25 or so people died each day but recently this number has spiked ; Monday saw 280 deaths at home, none of which had been previously confirmed cases of the novel COVID virus. These deaths and others like them were not being included in the COVID death tally, and if included the tally would rise significantly

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/08/829506542/after-deaths-at-home-in-nyc-officials-plan-to-count-many-as-covid-19

I know, who can we trust? NPR and the AP or anti-vaxxer and 'the Feds have no business in healthcare' Ron Paul

The same libertarian wannabe ******* who labelled experts like Fauci fearmongers in mid-March: http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2020/march/16/the-coronavirus-hoax/

Ron Paul can ingest a satchel of Richards.