Covid-19

JCon

Reporter Robert Costa revealed that Jared Kushner has been coordinating the distribution of medical supplies with Republican donors.

The Washington Post national political reporter said President Donald Trump's son-in-law has sparked confusion in those efforts by placing himself in the chain of command, and both Kushner and trade adviser Peter Navarro were contradicting advice from White House medical experts. 

"When you ask about the inner circle, it is clear to me," Costa told MSNBC's "Morning Joe," "based on my reporting, that Peter Navarro, more than anyone now, whether it's on urging the president to take a position that's different than Dr. [Anthony] Fauci, or when it comes to the Defense Production Act, nudging corporations, sometimes pushing corporations to do what the White House wants, that Navarro is at the center."

"Jared Kushner is there and he's really being a liaison to different donors, to different corporate allies of this administration, which has created confusion about the chain of command, about whether corporations should work through Jared, whether they should work through Vice President [Mike] Pence and the task force," he added.

Navarro and other Trump advisers, including Rudy Giuliani, have been overriding medical experts on the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine against the coronavirus, and Costa said the president's confidence in that unproven drug was not matched by science.

Edited by Tracker

11 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Not on a ventilator as per last BBC article

Lot of confusion.  If you look at some social media coming out of the UK, there is a mistrust in what is being said.  Hopefully its the case but I read 75% of people in ICU are on ventilator so it would make sense.  Ofcourse, he might be in ICU when someone less important wouldnt be.  

Sorry, but a good friend of mine here in Ontario knows this gentleman and sent me his video. It looked like something to be shared so I thought I'd post it here. Mark, if you feel it doesn't belong or needs to be moved elsewhere please do what you feel is right. Thanks.

Edited by J5V

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Lot of confusion.  If you look at some social media coming out of the UK, there is a mistrust in what is being said. 

Wait! Mistrust in what is being said on social media? Well I guess it had to happen sooner or later. Now who do I trust?

28 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Wait! Mistrust in what is being said on social media? Well I guess it had to happen sooner or later. Now who do I trust?

BBC website confirms that Johnson has been moved into and remains in an ICU ward.

46 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Damn the world supply chains. We have to be more self sufficient. We have to manufacture more in Canada relying less on the whims of other country's politics.

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think it's disgusting, actually. He has an infant child. That's when partisan politics is just sad. 

I do not agree with that degree of rancor, but can understand it. He was quite prepared to let the disease run rampant without significant prophylactic measures and just accept the deaths as the most economic course. Just a notch below Trump.

Aaaand another nut heard from:

APRIL 6, 2020 8:44PM (UTC)

Comedian Roseanne Barr recently posited a wacky theory that the coronavirus pandemic is an effort to eliminate baby boomers like herself.

"You know what it is, Norm? I think they're just trying to get rid of all my generation," Barr told Macdonald during the Sunday interview on his informal YouTube talk show "Quarantined with Norm Macdonald," in which he calls up his friends to chat. "The boomer ladies that, you know, that inherited their — you know, are widows. They inherited the money so they got to go wherever the money is and figure out a way to get it away from people."

4 hours ago, J5V said:

Sorry, but a good friend of mine here in Ontario knows this gentleman and sent me his video. It looked like something to be shared so I thought I'd post it here. Mark, if you feel it doesn't belong or needs to be moved elsewhere please do what you feel is right. Thanks.

Alright that's great, but no one has blobs of hand sanitizer on their hands. You rub it in and the alcohol in it evaporates very quickly. Also if you're sticking your hands in the flames of a bbq you're doing it wrong anyway. 

But hey cool video. Alcohol burns, who knew!

7 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Alright that's great, but no one has blobs of hand sanitizer on their hands. You rub it in and the alcohol in it evaporates very quickly. Also if you're sticking your hands in the flames of a bbq you're doing it wrong anyway. 

But hey cool video. Alcohol burns, who knew!

What I got from the video was that if you accidentally spill a small glob somewhere, not just on your hands but anywhere, and you are anywhere near a bbq, where there are flash flames, that the alcohol in the sanitizer will burn. Alcohol is dangerous as **** because it burns with an invisible flame and you can't see it.

If you, or your partner, or your kids, or your neighbours or their kids, have hand sanitizer in the vicinity of a bbq please be careful.