Covid-19

JCon

Vaccines and the big pharmaceutical companies have lots to contribute to the topic of covid-19. As for the Queen, I heard Prince Charles tested positive, and snakes were implicated in the virus transmissions in China. The meanderings of JRR Tolkien, maybe not so much. 😉

2 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Previous administration left the shelves the empty says Trumpidiot, the guy who got rid of the pandemic response team, maybe someone should remind him he has been in power for 3.5 years and that he is generally regarded by the world as a idiot

We should all no longer be surprised by Trump and his assortment of neo-nazis and idiots who are governed by nothing except self-interest. They uniformly have no compunction about outright lying or inciting racism and intolerance so long as it serves their purposes. As things deteriorate even further, their actions will become more and more extreme and if/when Trump loses the next election, it could well lead to violence on a large scale, and that will serve Trump's ends.

Anti-vax posts have been removed - start an anti - vax thread if need be - but keep them out of the COVID 19 thread.

Rants have also been removed.

This has been a valuable thread that is needlessly evolving into anti-vax rhetoric.

Do not private message me - my explanation is clear. 

5 hours ago, Floyd said:

Yeah same old blah blah.

And no its not partisan to say that the premiere of a province picking up supplies on his own truck is staged by Warren Kinsella.  It might look nice but its about the worst use of his time you could imagine.

When Trudeau goes back inside, the doors close after his pressers everyday & the puppet strings are put down by Gerald Butts, does Justin go to his den & watch reruns of Friends all day long? 

I sincerely hope that the Globalism experiment of countries without borders, refugees allowed to cross unfettered into sovereign countries & supply chain management where we see both China & the US dictate what & how much countries get regarding ventilators & N95 masks. We need to take care of ourselves first as a country. We  need to bring manufacturing back to Canada. Make things here like we used to. 3M has a manufacturing plant in Canada but it doesn't make masks. That has to change. It may be cheaper to manufacture goods in China but I'd be content to pay more knowing Canadians had jobs & we had enough to supply all Canadians with products we used to make here. I'm of the belief that will all change in the coming years. Do we want to be dependent upon the whims of dictators, unfriendly governments & nutcases in the White House when it comes to our healthcare & food supply chains? I don't. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

12 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I sincerely hope that the Globalism experiment of countries without borders, refugees allowed to cross unfettered into sovereign countries & supply chain management where we see both China & the US dictate what & how much countries get regarding ventilators & N95 masks. We need to take care of ourselves first as a country. We  need to bring manufacturing back to Canada. Make things here like we used to. 3M has a manufacturing plant in Canada but it doesn't make masks. That has to change. It may be cheaper to manufacture goods in China but I'd be content to pay more knowing Canadians had jobs & we had enough to supply all Canadians with products we used to make here. I'm of the belief that will all change in the coming years. 

I don't see that kind of autonomy for Canada in the global economy. Those kinds of things are decided for all countries at the G20 Summits. 

8 hours ago, J5V said:

BTW, before you run off to get your next flu shot, you might want to read this article on the hazards and effectiveness of the flu shot before you make up your mind.

https://experiencelife.com/article/the-debate-about-flu-shots/

So on one hand, you're saying that coronavirus is no big deal and that the flu needs to be taken more seriously. But on the other hand, you are criticizing the #1 remedy to the flu crisis (aside from basic hygiene). How the hell does that make any sense?

As far as the effectiveness goes, yes they sometimes miscalculate which strain of the flu is going to be the one that gets bad, but getting the shot is still better than nothing and should help boost your immunity.

As far as the "hazards" go, there is a far, FAR greater chance that you will be harmed from the flu than getting harmed from the vaccine. People who are immunocompromised especially cannot take that risk.

Flu shots are not perfect, and nobody is claiming that they are, but they are better than the alternative (getting seriously ill). And this is coming from someone who, admittedly, hasn't gotten the flu shot for a while, but in light of the pandemic, will be getting it going forward. Always take precautions.

Edited by AtlanticRiderFan

Things will change, mark my words. I doubt status quo will remain. The question is how much will change? China manufactures most of the world's pharmaceuticals. What's stopping them from controlling who gets what, when & what price? Trudeau may think China is our friend & is filled with great admiration for them but they are our enemies & if allowed would crush us & our way of life. You have to wonder how things were allowed to get the way they were. No one seemed to care, I guess. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Things will change, mark my words. China manufactures most of the world's pharmaceuticals. What's stopping them from controlling who gets what, when & what price? Trudeau may think China is our friend & is filled with great admiration for them but they are our enemies & if allowed would crush us & our way of life. 

This is so wildly racist, xenophobic, and Lord knows what else, I can't believe someone would "say it out loud".........ai yi yi. 

30 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This is so wildly racist, xenophobic, and Lord knows what else, I can't believe someone would "say it out loud".........ai yi yi. 

Lol I don't think you know what xenophobic means and it isn't racist at all.  I feel like I'm on riderfans with some of the bumpkins on this board. 

I don't think China is our enemies,  but I do agree that they are not our friends.  Strictly business and yes China does not have the same ideology as we do and clearly will not change how they are any time soon.   They'll be nice with Canada as long as it's beneficial for them.     

38 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Things will change, mark my words. I doubt status quo will remain. The question is how much will change? China manufactures most of the world's pharmaceuticals. What's stopping them from controlling who gets what, when & what price? Trudeau may think China is our friend & is filled with great admiration for them but they are our enemies & if allowed would crush us & our way of life. You have to wonder how things were allowed to get the way they were. No one seemed to care, I guess. 

Oh I agree things will change but I just don't see manufacturing returning to Canada any time soon. China is part of the G20 and will follow the global agenda along with the U.S., Mexico, GB, Russia, and Canada. If anything, I see even more of our manufacturing going to Mexico. 

1 hour ago, AtlanticRiderFan said:

So on one hand, you're saying that coronavirus is no big deal and that the flu needs to be taken more seriously. But on the other hand, you are criticizing the #1 remedy to the flu crisis (aside from basic hygiene). How the hell does that make any sense?

As far as the effectiveness goes, yes they sometimes miscalculate which strain of the flu is going to be the one that gets bad, but getting the shot is still better than nothing and should help boost your immunity.

As far as the "hazards" go, there is a far, FAR greater chance that you will be harmed from the flu than getting harmed from the vaccine. People who are immunocompromised especially cannot take that risk.

Flu shots are not perfect, and nobody is claiming that they are, but they are better than the alternative (getting seriously ill). And this is coming from someone who, admittedly, hasn't gotten the flu shot for a while, but in light of the pandemic, will be getting it going forward. Always take precautions.

Gotta admit- every time i see that avatar of yours I throw up a little in my mouth. :) 

But then I see that it's you and I know the post is going to be one of quality. And you didn't disappoint- great post.

41 minutes ago, bb1 said:

You can throw Trump in that category as well....

Anyone see the news today? WH wants 3M to stop delivering masks to Canada & the rest of the world. Which is exactly my racist & xenophobic point about supply chains.  But we'll have peace in our time. They can be trusted. 

See the source image

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Lol I don't think you know what xenophobic means and it isn't racist at all.  I feel like I'm on riderfans with some of the bumpkins on this board. 

I don't think China is our enemies,  but I do agree that they are not our friends.  Strictly business and yes China does not have the same ideology as we do and clearly will not change how they are any time soon.   They'll be nice with Canada as long as it's beneficial for them.     

China will be whatever suits their goals, or rather, they will present themselves as such. To me, it seems that they have found out how to harness the power of the ant hill as ruled by an autocracy. They can and have become wealthy and powerful by economic means rather than military, and thus, why would they destroy or cripple their markets? It is in their interests to keep us buying their stuff and borrowing money to do so. 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Anyone see the news today? WH wants 3M to stop delivering masks to Canada. 

Trump doesn't give a damn about how many get ill or die anywhere in the US, let alone Canada. This is an FU gesture to make him look good.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

China will be whatever suits their goals, or rather, they will present themselves as such. To me, it seems that they have found out how to harness the power of the ant hill as ruled by an autocracy. They can and have become wealthy and powerful by economic means rather than military, and thus, why would they destroy or cripple their markets? It is in their interests to keep us buying their stuff and borrowing money to do so. 

China imports $17 trillion a year, 10% of the world total, they buy a lot from the rest of us too.