Covid-19

JCon

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Brexit was fueled by Russian and right-wing disinformation and not well though-through by those who voted for it. Boris Johnson appealed to the same racist and xenophobic voters as Trump did in the US. The Labour Party had the poor judgement to elect a leader with the personality of a loofah.

Okay, time to take the tinfoil hat off and come back when it's affects have worn off. 

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah, there's no political partisanship  on this thread. Even with an act of kindness there has to e an agenda? Okay then... What's Junior up to? Oh yeah, he's been self isolating for a month. Too busy raising the carbon tax while our economy is heading for a depression & giving himself a raise when millions of Canadians like me have lost or are losing their jobs. Our great ******* leader. 

Yeah same old blah blah.

And no its not partisan to say that the premiere of a province picking up supplies on his own truck is staged by Warren Kinsella.  It might look nice but its about the worst use of his time you could imagine.

53 minutes ago, pigseye said:

What would you rather have 5% of 100 billion or 50% of nothing?

Like it or not, we are all at the mercy of big business because we the well paying jobs they offer.

If you know of a better way to create well paying jobs I'm all ears. 

The tax rate isn't a big driver of whether a business is located somewhere or isn't. So your choice is flat out incorrect. 

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Its not really political.  Most leaders have leadership skills and are relatively intelligent (either smart themselves and/or smart enough to have smart people around them).  They *should* be great leaders in a crises.   

I really can’t see it as political either here in Canada, as opposed to the U.S. They have two viruses. The Covid-19 and the idiocy virus. It must be terribly frustrating to be stifled by political lines when you’re just trying to do the right thing.

8 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I really can’t see it as political either here in Canada, as opposed to the U.S. They have two viruses. The Covid-19 and the idiocy virus. It must be terribly frustrating to be stifled by political lines when you’re just trying to do the right thing.

Well yes in the US, you still have plenty of local and state leaders showing non-partisan leadership.  Its just one that makes everything political and would rather people die.  Unfortunately he's the top guy.  I think his plan is clearly to try and make it seem like the individual States will be to blame.  

11 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Well yes in the US, you still have plenty of local and state leaders showing non-partisan leadership.  Its just one that makes everything political and would rather people die.  Unfortunately he's the top guy.  I think his plan is clearly to try and make it seem like the individual States will be to blame.  

Its not just one... the Republican party is swarming with ideologues

On 2020-04-03 at 9:00 AM, J5V said:

BTW, before you run off to get your next flu shot, you might want to read this article on the hazards and effectiveness of the flu shot before you make up your mind.

https://experiencelife.com/article/the-debate-about-flu-shots/

Edited by Bigblue204

52 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yup, wasn't it the Texas Govenor who said church services are an essential service?

Florida governor Ron DeSantis overrode the order of county officials, deeming religious gatherings an essential service. What a ******* dolt. So much for separation of church and state.

51 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I mean, he's not completely wrong. Business will still happen and does still happen in places with high taxes.

Tax rate totally affects where businesses operate...  at least the larger ones