Covid-19

JCon

20 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Hopefully it doesn't....but J5V does make some good points and what concerns me is how long does this last and who decides when we try to get back to some sense of normal? 6 months? a year? How many people can survive a year of this?

Not really.  And it’s awfully distasteful to be doing his trump love routine when people are sick and dying, displaced, out of work, worried etc.   

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Not really.  And it’s awfully distasteful to be doing his trump love routine when people are sick and dying, displaced, out of work, worried etc.   

Yeah well i am not interested in the politics of this..or the pro-trump anti - trump arguments .

12 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Yeah well i am not interested in the politics of this..or the pro-trump anti - trump arguments .

Unfortunately the “nothing to see here folks” feel that way because they’re afraid the economic disaster will spell doom for trump.  Maybe not all.  Some just don’t have any critical thinking skills. 

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

I’m not sure a guy who drives his own truck for hours to pick up needed medical supplies to get them 2 days earlier is looking for anything other than being proactive and helpful.

My concern is that Kinsella 'leaked' this photo and he's likely backing Doug Ford to be the next federal Con leader...

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

My concern is that Kinsella 'leaked' this photo and he's likely backing Doug Ford to be the next federal Con leader...

Yeah, there's no political partisanship  on this thread. Even with an act of kindness there has to e an agenda? Okay then... What's Junior up to? Oh yeah, he's been self isolating for a month. Too busy raising the carbon tax while our economy is heading for a depression & giving himself a raise when millions of Canadians like me have lost or are losing their jobs. Our great ******* leader. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

According to the Daily Show, and host Trevor Noah....
6.6 MILLION people have filed for unemployment in the US.
And, the FBI has said 3.7 million people have tried to buy guns over the past month.
Also, Dr Fauci, the country’s leading immunologist, and spokesman, has been assigned a security detail after receiving threats...

America, eh?

3 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

According to the Daily Show, and host Trevor Noah....
6.6 MILLION people have filed for unemployment in the US.
And, the FBI has said 3.7 million people have tried to buy guns over the past month.
Also, Dr Fauci, the country’s leading immunologist, and spokesman, has been assigned a security detail after receiving threats...

America, eh?

America?

12 hours ago, J5V said:

Your logic is that we brush aside 29 flu deaths to 1 coronavirus death because some people get the flu shot? I can do without that logic.

Do you realise how ridiculous what you just said is?

We currently have a 29:1 death ratio, almost exactly the same 29:1 death ratio that we are seeing in Ontario and I expect across the country and maybe the world and for that we are going to:

• collapse the world economy the cost of which will be "at least $1 trillion and possibly $2 trillion world-wide"
  • plunge the world into recession/depression
  • cause world wide supply shortages
  • cause world wide panic buying
  • force the layoff of hundreds of millions of workers world wide
  • cause extreme poverty world wide
  • cause world wide stress, anxiety, depression, suicide
  • cause world wide violence, rioting, theft, looting
  • put troops in the streets world wide

and our part in it will be to stand idly by and: (courtesy Health Canada)

• stay at home unless you have to go to work
  • talk to your employer about working at home if possible
  • avoid all non-essential trips in your community
  • do not gather in groups
  • limit contact with people at higher risk, such as older adults and those in poor health
  • go outside to exercise but stay close to home
  • if you leave your home, always keep a distance of at least 2 arms lengths (approximately 2 metres) from others, and
  • household contacts (people you live with) do not need to distance from each other unless they are sick or have travelled in the last 14 days

All this for a death rate that is 1/29th that of the flu. Yes I realise that may change as the flu season ends but talk about a fail at logic.

Even if the coronavirus death toll soars to 30 times what it is now we will only just have reached that of the flu. A flu we were happy to live with before destroying the world we knew over coronavirus. 

So you don't like to read eh? Cause you took nothing that I wrote in my post for your response. This is why you are ignorant. I don't know if it is willful ignorance or simply that you're slow but until such time as you can actually read and understand the arguments being presented pipe down while the grownups are talking.

17 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So you don't like to read eh? Cause you took nothing that I wrote in my post for your response. This is why you are ignorant. I don't know if it is willful ignorance or simply that you're slow but until such time as you can actually read and understand the arguments being presented pipe down while the grownups are talking.

You can't deny that your argument in support of brushing aside 29 flu deaths in light of 1 covid-19 death was that there is the flu shot but no vaccine against covid-19 so we're more vulnerable to it. Sorry, but that makes no sense. It might make sense if the death counts were reversed but for now at least that is not the case. 

6 minutes ago, J5V said:

You can't deny that your argument in support of brushing aside 29 flu deaths in light of 1 covid-19 death was that there is the flu shot but no vaccine against covid-19 so we're more vulnerable to it. Sorry, but that makes no sense. It might make sense if the death counts were reversed but for now at least that is not the case. 

I think the part you're missing is that if the measures that have been taken (ie. social distancing, etc.), then the load on the health care system would be much higher than it already is, and the number of deaths would escalate much quicker than they have.  If we are able to keep the number of deaths below that of the seasonal flu, then that would indicate that the measures taken have worked as intended.

Gateway Pundit is another of my go to US sites for hard information on this crisis:

Dangerous Dr. Fauci Pushes for Nation-wide Stay at Home Order — To Hell with the Economy!
Hydroxychloroquine Rated ‘Most Effective Therapy’ By Doctors For Coronavirus: Global Survey
BREAKING: New York Data Confirms Once Again – 99% of Coronavirus Fatalities Have Pre-Existing Conditions – 94% of Fatalities Over Age 45! …Open The Economy!
And Trump Takes Advice From This Quack? ...Dr. Fauci Says He Will Lift Social Distancing Restrictions After "No New Cases, No New Deaths"
HUGE! Infectious Disease Expert Says His Clinic Has Not Seen ANYONE UNDER 70 Who was not Obese or Pre-Diabetic Get Seriously Ill with COVID-19

4 minutes ago, Sard said:

I think the part you're missing is that if the measures that have been taken (ie. social distancing, etc.), then the load on the health care system would be much higher than it already is, and the number of deaths would escalate much quicker than they have.  If we are able to keep the number of deaths below that of the seasonal flu, then that would indicate that the measures taken have worked as intended.

I'm not against those measures. I'm wondering why those same measures weren't taken against a pathogen that is killing at a 29:1 ratio. The argument I got is that we have the flu shot.

30 minutes ago, J5V said:

I'm not against those measures. I'm wondering why those same measures weren't taken against a pathogen that is killing at a 29:1 ratio. The argument I got is that we have the flu shot.

Just curious, can you point me to the literature that shows 1st world countries' health care systems being overwhelmed by influenza, to the point where they have to literally decide who will live and who will die?