Covid-19

JCon

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

17to85 and I were talking about that yesterday. You're Goddamn rights I would....Canadians and anyone who's spent the off-season in Canada. Let's roll. 

League would go for it - Toronto is the only team with Cdn QBs...

Blizzard forecast for thursday.  So I guess mother nature is like, if you aint gonna stay at home, Im going to make you.  Some say 5-10cm's other say 25.  So...could be something.  Wasnt it beginning of April the blizzard of the century in....was that 97?  Led to the flood of the century.  Even at 25 cm's this isnt as bad but wont help flood forecast.  

12 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Blizzard forecast for thursday.  So I guess mother nature is like, if you aint gonna stay at home, Im going to make you.  Some say 5-10cm's other say 25.  So...could be something.  Wasnt it beginning of April the blizzard of the century in....was that 97?  Led to the flood of the century.  Even at 25 cm's this isnt as bad but wont help flood forecast.  

ugh must it always snow when we've had a considerable amount of meltage?

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I believe Collaros is in Canada for the of-season, no? Toronto based? 

Yep he's with his very pregnant wife in Ontario... there was an article about him the other day & it mentioned his family hasn't been able to come up from Ohio to see them.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/blue-qb-collaros-wife-call-audible-ahead-of-babys-arrival-569184351.html

We're All Safe Now:

Scamvangelist Declares COVID-19 “Finished” After Commanding God to Destroy It

MARCH 29, 2020

Televangelist Kenneth Copeland, who said last week that God told him the coronavirus would “be over much sooner than you think” (but still wants you to tithe even if you’ve lost your job), offered up what I can only assume is a magic spell this morning in order to destroy COVID-19.  And that’s why the pandemic is now over.

(It’s not over.)

Copeland screamed out at Satan to “get off this nation” and “crawl on your belly,” before declaring the crisis to be “over.”

That will no doubt scare the virus into submission.

Shame.  I have a nephew graduating this year and I’m sure it really is a blow to those kids looking forward to graduation.    I have a buddy who is a Principal and he also made the point that kids going onto university will not be prepared.  The semester has just begun when Covid hit so kids taking pre-university courses or prep courses are going to need some help. 

also a shame some kids don’t have the technological resources at home. Would be nice to see the province partner with a supplier to get basic laptops or desktops to kids that need them.  

Basic laptops/desktops are still going to run each unit at $1000.  Way to expensive and then you have to factor in internet costs....  most kids even at poor schools have access to a machine.  The greater challenge is having the parents co-operate and watch over the kids making sure they do their school work.  

I'm fortunate that my child has a great teacher and really good classmates so everyone is doing their best to keep up.  

Other stories I'm hearing are that many parents are treating this as an extended spring break and dumping the kids off at grandparents and/or simply loading up youtube and letting the kids keep themselves busy which is sad.

45 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Yep he's with his very pregnant wife in Ontario... there was an article about him the other day & it mentioned his family hasn't been able to come up from Ohio to see them.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/blue-qb-collaros-wife-call-audible-ahead-of-babys-arrival-569184351.html

I wouldn't mind an import+ rating for guys like that...  like raise the ratio to seven CDNs and seven players who live in Canada...