Covid-19

JCon

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Top stories...
One idiot - President Trump: “If we have between 100,000 and 200,000 we’ve all together done a very good job,” Trump says, about up to 200,000 Americans dying of #COVID19.
More than one idiot - North Korea hails a test of "super large" rocket launchers, hours after the South condemned the state as "inappropriate" for testing amid the global coronavirus outbreak

the plastic santa from santa clause 2 would make a better president (you would have to have seen that to understand what I'm saying)

Edited by iHeart

Just over a month after proclaiming that the number of coronavirus cases in the United States would soon “be down to close to zero,” President Donald Trump said during a press briefing on the White House lawn Sunday that limiting U.S. deaths from the pandemic to between 100,000 and 200,000 people would mean his administration and the country as a whole did “a very good job.”

Speaking as the death toll from the novel coronavirus climbed above 2,300 in the U.S.—which has the most confirmed cases of the virus in the world—Trump cited recent research warning that 2.2 million people in the U.S. could die from COVID-19 if the nation’s government and population take no action to mitigate the threat.

“You’re talking about 2.2 million deaths, 2.2 million people from this,” the president said. “And so, if we can hold that down, as we’re saying, to 100,000—that’s a horrible number—maybe even less, but to 100,000, so we have between 100- and 200,000, we all together have done a very good job.”

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

god bless the researchers doing this stuff. 

Even this one?

This is what happens when the inquiring mind of a scientist is combined with the sheer boredom of working from home. An Australian astrophysicist had to go to a hospital after getting four magnets stuck up his nose during an attempt to invent a necklace that stops people from touching their faces during the coronavirus pandemic. Daniel Reardon explained to The Guardian: “I thought that if I built a circuit that could detect the magnetic field, and we wore magnets on our wrists, then it could set off an alarm if you brought it too close to your face. A bit of boredom in isolation made me think of that.” Reardon tried clipping the magnets to his earlobe and nostril but admitted “things went downhill pretty quickly when I clipped the magnets to my other nostril.” The two magnets stuck together inside his nose, then he attempted to use his remaining magnets to remove them—but they also got stuck. “At this point I ran out of magnets,” he said. Reardon’s partner took him to the hospital that she works in “because she wanted all her colleagues to laugh at me,” he said. The magnets were successfully removed.

Read it at The Guardian

26 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Just over a month after proclaiming that the number of coronavirus cases in the United States would soon “be down to close to zero,” President Donald Trump said during a press briefing on the White House lawn Sunday that limiting U.S. deaths from the pandemic to between 100,000 and 200,000 people would mean his administration and the country as a whole did “a very good job.”

Speaking as the death toll from the novel coronavirus climbed above 2,300 in the U.S.—which has the most confirmed cases of the virus in the world—Trump cited recent research warning that 2.2 million people in the U.S. could die from COVID-19 if the nation’s government and population take no action to mitigate the threat.

“You’re talking about 2.2 million deaths, 2.2 million people from this,” the president said. “And so, if we can hold that down, as we’re saying, to 100,000—that’s a horrible number—maybe even less, but to 100,000, so we have between 100- and 200,000, we all together have done a very good job.”

But the President just assured me a few weeks ago that this was another type of flu, and we don't shut down the country for the flu, and it kills 12,000-61,000 Americans every year, so this was overblown hype. Where does this 100,000-200,000 come from now? Was he mistaken? Should I have actually been self-isolating instead of carrying on as normal because it was fake news stuff?

Oops, sorry. I guess that was a nasty "gotcha" question.

I honestly think that he's been lying so long that he changes his story and automatically believes it...

Then if there aren't 200,000 deaths, he will come out and blame the lamestream media for fearmongering

That border is going to be closed for a long time...

34 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I honestly think that he's been lying so long that he changes his story and automatically believes it...

Then if there aren't 200,000 deaths, he will come out and blame the lamestream media for fearmongering

That border is going to be closed for a long time...

Yup- even if we get things under control here, it's gonna be a sH!tshow south of the border for a long time.

https://crooksandliars.com/2020/03/mississippi-governor-refuses-act

Don't know much about the site, but read the same responses elsewhere, just too lazy to find.

72 cases 2 in hospital 2 have recovered one death.

I hope we go for a week with no cases so I can go out in public for a long period of time guilt free. Earlier this month I was at Polo Park getting some hot pretzels and Rocky Mountain Chocolates, now I'm stuck at home during spring break

22 minutes ago, iHeart said:

72 cases 2 in hospital 2 have recovered one death.

I hope we go for a week with no cases so I can go out in public for a long period of time guilt free. Earlier this month I was at Polo Park getting some hot pretzels and Rocky Mountain Chocolates, now I'm stuck at home during spring break

There is a real possibility that there may be successive waves of outbreaks over the next 18 months. Even though is is a flu variant, there are features of COVID19 that are unique and more surprises are sure to come. There is an unconfirmed report that two dogs have been identified as carrying  the virus.

Yeah, there's no way anywhere goes a week without a case any time soon unless it's deliberate number-fudging. The sobering reality is we're nowhere near out of the woods based on the marked increase in cases over the last 14 days: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/canada/

But there's nothing stopping you from going out guilt-free; you just need to be mindful of the protocols in place and do so responsibly. Going for a walk to get some fresh air and sunlight and to stretch the legs is encouraged permitted you adhere to social/physical distancing requirements. It's a good way to clear one's head and avoid going stir crazy being stuck at home.

It's also a good time to take up a hobby.

A Florida sheriff announced an arrest warrant for a controversial pastor on Monday, after the religious leader refused to stop holding packed church services amid the coronavirus outbreak. 

Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister said at a press conference that Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne is wanted on charges of unlawful assembly and violation of public health rules after flouting social distancing orders at The River at Tampa Bay church.

Howard-Browne—an ally of President Donald Trump—has been an outspoken opponent of social distancing requirements,                                                  claiming his church has machines that can stop the coronavirus and vowing to personally cure the state of Florida himself.

“His reckless disregard for human life put hundreds of people in his congregation at risk, and thousands of residents who may interact with them this week, in danger,” Chronister said at the press conference.

Howard-Browne did not respond to an immediate request for comment. 

28 minutes ago, Tracker said:

There is a real possibility that there may be successive waves of outbreaks over the next 18 months. Even though is is a flu variant, there are features of COVID19 that are unique and more surprises are sure to come. There is an unconfirmed report that two dogs have been identified as carrying  the virus.

hasn't the pet carrying the virus thing been debunked already?

2 minutes ago, iHeart said:

hasn't the pet carrying the virus thing been debunked already?

The WHO confirmed that dogs could not get Covid-19. However, these viruses mutate and it's possible that new variants are in fact being transmitted to dogs. We'll have to wait and see what the research says. 

59 minutes ago, do or die said:

Amazing how a lot of these fundamentalist guys have acknowledged Trump as their Orange Lord..... a guy who cheated on 2 wives (1 pregnant), paid out hush monies, in covering it up ....as well as his other un-christian traits.

Funny how so many of those religious nuts are all cheats (on their wives and taxes).   Easy to be an SOB when you have a God willing to forgive you because you're special but also lets you stand in judgement of everyone else.  Tailor made for Trump who thinks he can do whatever he wants.  One thing Trump has shown is that the religious right are complete and utter phonies.