Covid-19

JCon

7 minutes ago, Tracker said:

This afternoon, Michigan governor, who Trump attacked after she criticized him, stated that respirator manufacturers have been told to not ship to her state.

He's refusing to declare a state of emergency for Michigan. He's a pathetic little child. 

38 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

But his popularity rises. Are they only polling people who have limited access to technology, love red hats and struggle with critical thinking? I’m trying to figure this out. 

Nah. It’s war time president thing. People need a leader in times of crises.  Remember how popular HW was right before he lost to Clinton?  I heard Biden’s lead over trump in polls also grows.  When the crises is over people will look at trump closer and be disgusted. 

36 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Nah. It’s war time president thing. People need a leader in times of crises.  Remember how popular HW was right before he lost to Clinton?  I heard Biden’s lead over trump in polls also grows.  When the crises is over people will look at trump closer and be disgusted. 

G. W. Bush 90% (2001-9-21)

G. H. W. Bush 89% (1991-02-28)

5 hours ago, Tiny759 said:

1) be careful on withdrawing money, in some cases there is a penalty if not held in the investment for a certain period. 

2) remember the TFSA has a limit of 6k

3) RRSP will carry over and can provide tax advantages for next year 

Not quite - your TFSA contribution room carries forward every year. If you're set up for MyAccount with CRA, you can actually get your contribution room balance from online, though again keep in mind to not overcontribute to either - there are (rightfully) stiff penalties for doing that for both TFSAs and RRSPs.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Fingers and toes crossed.

36 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Not quite - your TFSA contribution room carries forward every year. If you're set up for MyAccount with CRA, you can actually get your contribution room balance from online, though again keep in mind to not overcontribute to either - there are (rightfully) stiff penalties for doing that for both TFSAs and RRSPs.

My bad, meant to say 6k this year. 

Important news:

Liquor-mart store hours changing Saturday

03/27/2020 5:22 PM

Manitoba liquor stores are reducing their hours in response to the continuing COVID-19 threat.

Liquor marts in Brandon and Winnipeg (with the exception of True North Square) will operate on the following schedule:

• Monday to Saturday: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
  • Sunday: Noon – 6 p.m.

29 minutes ago, Tracker said:

In the day's stupidity of Trump news, Trump wants to personally sign every cheque to states and corporations from the 2 trillion dollar funds and he admitted to telling Pence to ignore all "ungrateful" state governors. If this isn't ugly enough, it will get worse.

Both you and the crazed left wing media have simply made the same mistake.  

"Taking the President's statements literally."

How's everyone keeping from climbing the walls at home? What are you doing to keep yourself busy, without social gatherings or going outside? I've got lots of work to do, as this is a busy time of year at my job... which has helped, but it is starting to feel like Groundhog Day, wondering how others are keeping things going?

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

How's everyone keeping from climbing the walls at home? What are you doing to keep yourself busy, without social gatherings or going outside? I've got lots of work to do, as this is a busy time of year at my job... which has helped, but it is starting to feel like Groundhog Day, wondering how others are keeping things going?

Set up a retro gaming station in my basement, so the wife and I have been playing NES and Genesis a fair bit. After Criminal Minds had it's series finale, we bought early season DVDs and have been binge-ing those. Every year at this time (when network shows are ending for the year) we start a rewatch of our favourite show, How I Met Your Mother, so we'll be getting to that soon enough. 

Other than working part time from home, work is mostly "normal"...or, at least, we've adjusted to whatever this "new normal" is. Just trying to find a little bit of enjoyment in each day to try and get through it. We're gonna be here for awhile, so gotta make the best of it...