Covid-19

JCon

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Do you go hunting for obscure things to support your agenda that its not big deal?

I wouldnt use that guy as my doctor after his remarks suggesting flu is worse.  He didnt take into account the spread of a pandemic.  Or that COVID is more contagious and more deadly than the flu and the fact there is no vaccine.

But sure, lets line up 1000 doctors and then make sure we follow the 1 who doesnt agree with the other 999.

Obscure? It's right there in front of your nose on Globals website.

1-999? Holy hyperbole! There are many experts saying exactly what Mr. Kettner is saying and some of them are saying it much more strongly. It appears people like you choose to ignore them. Why is that? Doesn't feed into the hype machine? Not good click-bait? 

Since these brilliant people have dedicated their lives to the public good and have risen to the top of their fields and are doctors and academics and not politicians, at least give me some good arguments that disprove what they're saying. Maybe then you can convince me to dismiss them too.

31 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Do you go hunting for obscure things to support your agenda that its not big deal?

That is the downside of the internet. People can always find something to support their viewpoint. There's no standards on what can get posted. It's why a guy like Trump can flat out lie and people will still buy it. So much misinformation out there and sadly the bulk of the population is just not equipped to understand how to separate good information from crap. 

3 minutes ago, J5V said:

1-999? Holy hyperbole! There are many experts saying exactly what Mr. Kettner is saying and some of them are saying it much more strongly. It appears people like you choose to ignore them. Why is that? Doesn't feed into the hype machine? Not good click-bait? 

Since these brilliant people have dedicated their lives to the public good and have risen to the top of their fields and are doctors and academics and not politicians, at least give me some good arguments that disprove what they're saying. Maybe then you can convince me to dismiss them too.

Before we stampede off a cliff following sketchy reports, let us consider that when tobacco was being exposed as both carcinogenic and addictive, the tobacco industry trotted out their sophists to claim that it was all harmless, even beneficial. The same has been true for opiods, diazepam, and global climate change. I choose to believe that because the vast majority of bodies and people charged with overseeing our welfare has seen fit to deem the COVID19 pandemic as potentially catastrophic, the overwhelming consensus is accurate. After all, one US (GOP) politician brought a snowball into the Congress and said it was proof that there is no global warming.

21 minutes ago, J5V said:

Lol.  I mean really that’s all one can say. Lol. 

16 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Before we stampede off a cliff following sketchy reports, let us consider that when tobacco was being exposed as both carcinogenic and addictive, the tobacco industry trotted out their sophists to claim that it was all harmless, even beneficial. The same has been true for opiods, diazepam, and global climate change. I choose to believe that because the vast majority of bodies and people charged with overseeing our welfare has seen fit to deem the COVID19 pandemic as potentially catastrophic, the overwhelming consensus is accurate. After all, one US (GOP) politician brought a snowball into the Congress and said it was proof that there is no global warming.

What are these sketchy reports?

You've identified the tobacco industry and big pharma here. It's not hard to imagine their motivation for lying to u$. What is the motivation for these health experts and academics lying to us?

6 minutes ago, J5V said:

What are these sketchy reports?

You've identified the tobacco industry and big pharma here. It's not hard to imagine their motivation for lying to u$. What is the motivation for these health experts and academics lying to us?

Because having a degree of academic credentials does not guarantee competence or unbiased attitude. As an example, a psychiatrist friend of Gwyneth Paltrow has stated that not only is the COVID19 furor completely unwarranted, she doesn't believe that bacteria cause illness. When a great majority of experts in a field pronounce a verdict, they are not always right, but they almost always are. If it is assumed that this does not have the potential to kill hundreds of thousands and nothing is done, we will have a lot of bodies to burn if this is wrong.

13 minutes ago, do or die said:

In my Lit collection, I have a study done by R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company, from 1962, that "proves" absolutely no link between cigarettes and cancer. 
Probably written by people with far more formal education, than myself.

Educated idiots try harder.

And they have the veneer of credibility. Never underestimate the will of some to promote an irresponsible point of view for personal gain. 

4 hours ago, J5V said:

Since the majority of you are in Manitoba have any of you seen or heard from Dr. Joel Kettner? He is an Associate Professor at the University of Manitoba. He was interviewed by Global in early March and had some interesting comments. Listen particularly to what he says near the end of this piece regarding the flu and Covid-19. It might set some of us a little more at ease.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6630957/manitoba-former-health-chief-covid-19-cases/

Did you bother to check the date on that video?

That was long before this thing blew up.

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

When the market is down it's a great time to invest. Too bad that most working folks don't have the money to do that

Yup exactly, why I said be ready to hold them though, and hopefully the 2000/month helps, if it ever comes