Covid-19

JCon

15 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

This might have something to do with it.  They should force people who knowingly boarded flights while sick to attend any funerals they cause.

How sick Canadian travellers are masking COVID-19 symptoms to get through airport screening

Canadians desperate to return home from abroad in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic are easily circumventing air travel screening aimed at preventing sick and infected passengers from boarding planes, CBC News has found.

Some are simply hiding symptoms from officials to ensure they can get back home.

CBC News has found a number of instances where sick travellers have boarded airplanes back to Canada, no matter the risks of spreading infection.

"Now is just the worst time to be coughing, sneezing or reporting any kind of symptom at an airport," said one university student in Toronto, who flew home from Spain on March 14. She admitted she purposely hid her symptoms and the fact she'd been suffering a fever hours before boarding the flight. 

"It wasn't information you volunteered. So I just stayed quiet about it."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/investigates/how-sick-canadian-travellers-are-masking-covid-19-symptoms-to-get-through-airport-screening-1.5508276

Fine her and lock her up for 6 months

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Fine her and lock her up for 6 months

She returned on March 14th, so no travel restrictions and only vague guidance to self-isolate. 

What would you lock her up for and what sort of fine would you impose???

Next 2 -3 weeks should be very telling in terms of social distancing, more new cases followed by a plateau and regression would be the best case scenario, if the cases continue to rise a month from now social distancing is not working, doesn't mean we should stop though

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Stupid f**king people would rather lie & risk ending up in hospital & spreading disease (or worse) than admit to travelling somewhere and having to self-quarantine for a couple weeks.

Another interpretation could be that people are falsely saying they DID travel when they didn’t, because even with symptoms they won’t be tested if they haven’t travelled, so they lie to get the test done. 

14 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Another interpretation could be that people are falsely saying they DID travel when they didn’t, because even with symptoms they won’t be tested if they haven’t travelled, so they lie to get the test done. 

Very possible, but even travel itself isn't a guarantee that a test gets done.

4 minutes ago, do or die said:

After reading some various contrarian sites and blogs, and given my age, pulmonary condition, etc....
The only decent thing I can do, for the greater good.... is to draw the appropriate conclusions and find the nearest pyre.

Had a good run, anyways...

Just remember, you're not doing it for you or your family, you're doing it for the economy. Long live the economy and shareholder equity!

If we're still seeing exponential growth in positive cases a month from now, it wouldn't entirely shock me to see mandatory lockdown similar to what Italy is doing right now. Military in the streets and all that...whatever it takes to end this thing. I'd rather do a short term, mandatory lockdown than a long term "ehhh let's see what happens".....

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

If we're still seeing exponential growth in positive cases a month from now, it wouldn't entirely shock me to see mandatory lockdown similar to what Italy is doing right now. Military in the streets and all that...whatever it takes to end this thing. I'd rather do a short term, mandatory lockdown than a long term "ehhh let's see what happens".....

Since the majority of you are in Manitoba have any of you seen or heard from Dr. Joel Kettner? He is an Associate Professor at the University of Manitoba. He was interviewed by Global in early March and had some interesting comments. Listen particularly to what he says near the end of this piece regarding the flu and Covid-19. It might set some of us a little more at ease.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6630957/manitoba-former-health-chief-covid-19-cases/

12 minutes ago, J5V said:

Since the majority of you are in Manitoba have any of you seen or heard from Dr. Joel Kettner? He is an Associate Professor at the University of Manitoba. He was interviewed by Global in early March and had some interesting comments. Listen particularly to what he says near the end of this piece regarding the flu and Covid-19. It might set some of us a little more at ease.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6630957/manitoba-former-health-chief-covid-19-cases/

Do you go hunting for obscure things to support your agenda that its not big deal?

I wouldnt use that guy as my doctor after his remarks suggesting flu is worse.  He didnt take into account the spread of a pandemic.  Or that COVID is more contagious and more deadly than the flu and the fact there is no vaccine.

But sure, lets line up 1000 doctors and then make sure we follow the 1 who doesnt agree with the other 999.