Covid-19

JCon

4 minutes ago, J5V said:

Status of COVID-19

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid#status-of-covid-19

Considering Boris Johnson's cavalier attitude towards the pandemic, I am not sure how much I trust this. Johnson is a slightly smarter version of Trump.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

Considering Boris Johnson's cavalier attitude towards the pandemic, I am not sure how much I trust this. Johnson is a slightly smarter version of Trump.

plus it's only changing the designation based on the death rate.. which seems silly. You have a virus that infects a very large number of people there are going to be enough people who recover just fine so the death rate will be low... but overall it's still a lot of possible deaths, and the piece even says there's still a pile of precautions....

It's just more seblantics. 

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

plus it's only changing the designation based on the death rate.. which seems silly. You have a virus that infects a very large number of people there are going to be enough people who recover just fine so the death rate will be low... but overall it's still a lot of possible deaths, and the piece even says there's still a pile of precautions....

It's just more seblantics. 

These stats can be easily manipulated- if you test in small amounts or in low-risk areas, then your stats will improve. Then there is the issue of how you define the cause of death- in Viet Nam and again in Iraq/Afghanistan, the medics were/are instructed to keep the wounded physically/technically alive until they were out of the battlefield and pronounce them only when they were transported. Johnson's reaction to the pandemic was not prevention but to let it run its course in the UK and treat only the critically ill.

Edited by Tracker

Yeah we are seeing with many governments around the world, and it's front and centre in the USA how part of the playbook is managing perception. Sad days when global pandemics are used for political gains. 

Now I personally don't see it as the most dangerous thing out there in terms of **** that will kill you... but it might kill you and you are almost certain to catch it in some form. I don't want to be out there running around as some kind of Typhoid Mary potentially passing along a virus that could kill someone so I take precautions as everyone should. 

Yeah it's gonna hurt economically, but that just means that society and our governments are going to have to adapt and change. Business as usual ain't gonna cut it anymore. This is a great opportunity to make some positive changes in the world. 

Today in his Fox interview Trump outright lied twice, once horribly. First he denied ever saying that he said that the testing was "perfect" (he was recorded saying exactly that). Then when confronted with his lack of action in ordering more ventilators, he regurgitated a scurrilous website posting that New York state chose to use money to establish death panels and a lottery instead of buying ventilators. 

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

New math 

In a new interview, Professor Sucharit Bhakdi, a world renowned expert in medical microbiology, says blaming the new coronavirus alone for deaths is „wrong“ and „dangerously misleading“, as there are other more important factors at play, notably pre-existing health conditions and poor air quality in Chinese and Northern Italian cities. Professor Bhakdi describes the currently discussed or imposed measures as „grotesque“, „useless“, „self-destructive“ and a „collective suicide“ that will shorten the lifespan of the elderly and should not be accepted by society.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

New math 

"As Professors Ioannidis and Bhakdi have shown, countries like South Korea and Japan that introduced no lockdown measures have experienced near-zero excess mortality in connection with Covid-19, while the Diamond Princess cruise ship experienced an extra­polated mortality figure in the per mille range, i.e. at or below the level of the seasonal flu." https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

1 minute ago, J5V said:

"As Professors Ioannidis and Bhakdi have shown, countries like South Korea and Japan that introduced no lockdown measures have experienced near-zero excess mortality in connection with Covid-19, while the Diamond Princess cruise ship experienced an extra­polated mortality figure in the per mille range, i.e. at or below the level of the seasonal flu." https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

It has been speculated that there are at least two strains extant now and possibly as many as 5. 

49 minutes ago, J5V said:

In a new interview, Professor Sucharit Bhakdi, a world renowned expert in medical microbiology, says blaming the new coronavirus alone for deaths is „wrong“ and „dangerously misleading“, as there are other more important factors at play, notably pre-existing health conditions and poor air quality in Chinese and Northern Italian cities. Professor Bhakdi describes the currently discussed or imposed measures as „grotesque“, „useless“, „self-destructive“ and a „collective suicide“ that will shorten the lifespan of the elderly and should not be accepted by society.

https://www.zdf.de/nachrichten/panorama/coronavirus-faktencheck-bhakdi-100.html

Bhakdi's numbers don't add up.

EDIT:

My link is a reliable source

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/zdf-zweites-deutsches-fernsehen/

Edited by AtlanticRiderFan
Adding proof that my source is reliable