Covid-19

JCon

24 minutes ago, iHeart said:

All it took was for Canada and Australia to say they wouldn't go if they wouldn't Postpone

I'm sure it took much more than that but I'm nonetheless glad and proud that Canada took the lead in backing out and putting the world's priorities in the right order, unlike the craptacular IOC.

What's still perplexing here is how the IOC seemingly continues to drag its feet: https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/tokyo-olympics-will-be-postponed-1.5506910

Seriously, make the right ******* call already.

Ex-pat Winnipeger, lived seven years on Vancouver Island, and the last 13 years in New Zealand. Starting tomorrow we are moving to our highest alert level for the whole country which means people instructed to stay home, schools closed, all businesses except essential services (e.g. supermarkets, pharmacies, medical services), and major limits on travel. This is expected to last at least four weeks.

I’m a research scientist (non-academic) and we are now all working from home indefinitely, aside from a few exceptions. Our prime minister gave a very encouraging and well-received press conference to the country yesterday outlining what the plan is. Seeing the s***-show that’s going on in certain other countries, it’s really nice being in a country that has a plan, even if it will be a difficult few weeks.

The Republicans in the Senate are blaming the Democrats & the Democrats are blaming the Republicans for the delay of the Covid 19 Aid Bill in Washington. Usually, this falls on the leadership in the White House to compromise & bring both sides together for the good of America in times of trouble. Donny & his band of clowns have no sense of how to do that led by the biggest clown of them all in Mitch McConnell. They all have to wear any failures like a Red Badge Of Courage. I'm hopeful Americans will remember come November. 

Trump or no Trump, JPT has been an outstanding leader during this unprecedented mess. I'm generally on the fence about him, but throughout this ordeal, I've been VERY impressed. JPT and Deena Hinshaw are my two favourite people lately....Nenshi has been a solid voice, as well. 

33 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Trump or no Trump, JPT has been an outstanding leader during this unprecedented mess. I'm generally on the fence about him, but throughout this ordeal, I've been VERY impressed. JPT and Deena Hinshaw are my two favourite people lately....Nenshi has been a solid voice, as well. 

Sometimes I imagine Andrew Scheer just standing at the mic repeating the same sound bite over and over...  its good for a laugh

34 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Can someone inthe administration get this idiot under control? 

“The medication they consumed was not the medication form of chloroquine, instead it was an ingredient listed on a parasite treatment for fish.” I know it’s easy to bash trump, but responsibility has to be on the couple when they aren’t even taking the real drug.