Covid-19

JCon

11 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I found this a bit confusing cause my niece is in licensed day care but it’s home based. 

Speaking from an Alberta perspective, which I am assuming is largely the same, you can open a day home without being licensed, it's just that licensed ones have standards and oversights from the government. My son is in a licensed day home, but it's just a lady in her home and the only kid is her own son right now, but we worry that eventually the body will say to close even though she's fine taking him now.

Just now, 17to85 said:

Speaking from an Alberta perspective, which I am assuming is largely the same, you can open a day home without being licensed, it's just that licensed ones have standards and oversights from the government. My son is in a licensed day home, but it's just a lady in her home and the only kid is her own son right now, but we worry that eventually the body will say to close even though she's fine taking him now.

Yeah I read it as my niece's daycare will stay open.  Licensed but home based.

10 Positive Updates on the COVID-19 Outbreaks From Around the World

1) US Researchers Deliver First COVID-19 Vaccine to Volunteers in Experimental Test Program

2) Distilleries Across the United States Are Making Their Own Free Hand Sanitizers to Give Away for Free

3) Air Pollution Plummets in Cities With High Rates of Quarantine

4) Johns Hopkins Researcher Says That Antibodies From Recovered COVID Patients Could Help Protect People At Risk

5) South Korean Outbreak Finally Abating as Recoveries Outnumber New Infections for Three Days in a Row

6) China Celebrates Several Milestones of Recovery After Temporary Hospitals Close and Parks Reopen

7) Australian Researchers Testing Two Drugs as Potential ‘Cures’ for the Virus

😎 Uber Eats is Supporting the North American Restaurant Industry By Waiving Delivery Fees for 100,000 Restaurants

9) Dutch and Canadian Researchers Are Reporting Additional Breakthrough Research on Treating the Virus

10) Here Are a Bunch of Other Ways That People and Businesses Are Supporting Each Other Throughout the US Outbreak...

For the body of this info....

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/10-positive-updates-on-the-covid-19-outbreaks-from-around-the-world/

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/03/17/an-effective-treatment-for-coronavirus-covid-19-has-been-found-in-a-common-anti-malarial-drug/

Encouraging news: three new medical studies show a commonly available anti-malaria drug known as chloroquine aka chloroquine phosphate is showing strong results against COVID-19 infections in both China and South Korea.  Excerpts from three studies, including one published in Nature are below.

2 hours ago, pigseye said:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/03/17/an-effective-treatment-for-coronavirus-covid-19-has-been-found-in-a-common-anti-malarial-drug/

Encouraging news: three new medical studies show a commonly available anti-malaria drug known as chloroquine aka chloroquine phosphate is showing strong results against COVID-19 infections in both China and South Korea.  Excerpts from three studies, including one published in Nature are below.

well if it's available here then I wish for the 15 who have tested positive (yeah it's at 15 now) to get first reserve on it

3 hours ago, pigseye said:

And...

11 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

So typical 

Mike Spector -
So the White House advises Americans not to gather in groups of more than 10. 
Then they run out 16 people to make this announcement.

Well, businesses are still running with more than 10 people. What about public transit? Or going to the store for groceries?  I hate Trump & think he's an assclown but that's kinda petty. Our Chief Medical Officer for Alberta was announcing the stats at 3:30 pm this afternoon. No more than 2 feet away was a guy translating what was being said into sign language. Certainly they weren't following the protocols that they expect us to follow  as mere humanoids during this pandemic. Should they be mocked?

Just remember that pizza you order for pick up & is cooked may have been cooked by a person with Covid 19. Or same with the delivery driver. He may be sick as he hands you your food. I worked as a pizza delivery driver for years & I know the mentality of a lot of store owners & managers. They don't care if someone is sick just as long as they can work. No one from the health dept is going to be checking as the province or city doesn't have enough health officers to go around. So, Mike Spector can mock Trump. He won't get the virus from anyone at that news conference but from someone he knows. Or does business with.  Or a perfect stranger.

Edited by SpeedFlex27