Covid-19

JCon

My company in Calgary (and presumably will be doing the same for their offices in Edmonton, Ottawa and now Winnipeg) basically told everyone to work from home where we can. Seems like it's the sensible thing to do for jobs that can work remotely. Why commute to an office and spread germs all along the way when everyone has the ability to be connected to everything anyway. 

25 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Just came back from Costco.  Asked the cashier if there was any more toilet paper.  Without even raising her eyes to look at me she yelled out, “NO!”  Man I felt awkward having to hobble back to the washroom with my pants down to my ankles.

For any of you who might be running low on toilet paper, Princess Auto has a sale on 10 lbs. of shop rags for $5.55 starting tomorrow!

I hear Saskatchewan has plenty of toilet paper to spare.

Image result for saskatchewan roughrider jerseys

I hate to admit this but I accidentally loaded up on TP about two weeks ago. I went to Costco unexpectedly (for my mom) and thought I’d grab some while I was there because I thought we were running low.  Got hone to find the gf had just moved the packers to the basement (whereas I just toss one in each bathroom).  Long story short we are covered for the year and if Civilization falls, we’ve got the currency. 

42 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I hate to admit this but I accidentally loaded up on TP about two weeks ago. I went to Costco unexpectedly (for my mom) and thought I’d grab some while I was there because I thought we were running low.  Got hone to find the gf had just moved the packers to the basement (whereas I just toss one in each bathroom).  Long story short we are covered for the year and if Civilization falls, we’ve got the currency. 

Meanwhile in Canada

On 2020-03-13 at 2:23 PM, iHeart said:

man....everytime I refresh my social media feed something is cancelled, even the Teddy Bears Picnic is now cancelled, even though it normally occurs in May, and it was there I realized that the Children's Hospital Book Market will probably be effected too

Now I'm waiting and wondering if and when school divisions will be closed, I mean I wanted time off but not like this

Sometimes I hate being right, now I know how the Simpsons felt after the 2016 US election

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

They were not at all concerned about him still coming to work "it's just another virus."

yup and then when grandma and grandpa die or sick little timmy down the street they wonder why the gubbermint didn't prevent this. 

The sheer number of people who simply don't understand that this is a team effort to prevent spreading this thing to all sorts of vulnerable people is staggering. 

So at least now we know where he was getting his misleading information from. Jared Kushner repeatedly advised President Donald Trump that the media’s coverage was exaggerating the severity of the coronavirus outbreak, according to a report from The New York Times. In the early days of the outbreak, Trump downplayed the threat from the virus, and publicly accused the “Fake News Media” and Democrats of trying “to inflame” the situation. The Times reports that Kushner, who was tasked with carrying out research into the coronavirus to help Trump decide what to do next, privately told Trump what the president then repeated publicly. Kushner has reportedly sought out a bigger role for himself in the coronavirus task force despite his lack of knowledge on the topic. He is said to have urged his father-in-law to go ahead with his European travel ban and declare a national emergency, both of which were announced last week.

43 minutes ago, Tracker said:

So at least now we know where he was getting his misleading information from. Jared Kushner repeatedly advised President Donald Trump that the media’s coverage was exaggerating the severity of the coronavirus outbreak, according to a report from The New York Times. In the early days of the outbreak, Trump downplayed the threat from the virus, and publicly accused the “Fake News Media” and Democrats of trying “to inflame” the situation. The Times reports that Kushner, who was tasked with carrying out research into the coronavirus to help Trump decide what to do next, privately told Trump what the president then repeated publicly. Kushner has reportedly sought out a bigger role for himself in the coronavirus task force despite his lack of knowledge on the topic. He is said to have urged his father-in-law to go ahead with his European travel ban and declare a national emergency, both of which were announced last week.

Something something Biden's son something something.

What a joke that family and administration is.  

10 hours ago, 17to85 said:

yup and then when grandma and grandpa die or sick little timmy down the street they wonder why the gubbermint didn't prevent this. 

The sheer number of people who simply don't understand that this is a team effort to prevent spreading this thing to all sorts of vulnerable people is staggering. 

Or - if they weren't taking vitamin C and D to the point of diarrhea - it's their own fault. 

And Trump has said that each state should look after getting their own medical supplies. Actually, considering how utterly incompetent he and his administration have been, this is not completely bad advice. Big of him to admit his uselessness,