Covid-19

JCon

On twitter, saw some guy saying he's expecting the PMs announcement today to be enacting the emergency act(?) taking away civil liberties for everyone and confiscating all guns! The conspiracy nuts are out in full force now. 

Also saw that the MB cases are at 7. After 400 people tested Sunday. Good news so far.

Edited by Bigblue204

12 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

On twitter, saw some guy saying he's expecting the PMs announcement today to be enacting the emergency act(?) taking away civil liberties for everyone and confiscating all guns! The conspiracy nuts are out in full force now. 

Also saw that the MB cases are at 7. After 400 people tested Sunday. Good news so far.

I believe it was 6/7 cases were travel related? 

41 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I will not give up my guns until I know this will not turn into a zombie apocalypse. 

ComfortableRemoteBinturong-small.gif

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Might as well do  nothing then.

If they are symptomatic they aren't allowed in. However, i feel bars and this will close soon so why would they come now? The ones who would i feel are northern americans and they appear to be taking things more serious. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

If they are symptomatic they aren't allowed in. However, i feel bars and this will close soon so why would they come now? The ones who would i feel are northern americans and they appear to be taking things more serious. 

Yeah but you could be showing no symptoms and still be a carrier.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

a facebook share from an elderly friend let me to wander thru the Krazy Konspiracy Kanuck facebook group (not using their real name because **** them) and it's all alternating freakouts about gangs of roving transgendered lesbian cov19+ immigrants stealing your **** while jihadists disguised as UN blue helmets parachute into Lethbridge and Prince George.  And also Trudeau is secretly altering paper currency to serve as a coronavirus propagator.

Lotta crazy out there.

Edited by johnzo

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau took dramatic action on Monday to close down travel to his country in the wake of the coronavirus crisis.

“We will be denying entry to Canada from people who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents,” he said at a press conference Monday afternoon. “This measure will carve out some designated exceptions, including for aircrews, diplomats, immediate family members of Canadian citizens, and — at this time — U.S. citizens.”

It was not clear immediately why Americans were exempted from the broader ban.

The move was an even more extreme measure than the policy announced by President Donald Trump last week, which banned travel to the United States from countries in continental Europe. But unlike Trump, Trudeau did not completely bungle the announcement, making it clear that there were significant exceptions to the policy and sending no indications that it would restrict trade and cargo.

Just came back from Costco.  Asked the cashier if there was any more toilet paper.  Without even raising her eyes to look at me she yelled out, “NO!”  Man I felt awkward having to hobble back to the washroom with my pants down to my ankles.

For any of you who might be running low on toilet paper, Princess Auto has a sale on 10 lbs. of shop rags for $5.55 starting tomorrow!