Covid-19

JCon

Alberta has 23 cases of the Covid 19. All large gatherings of over 250 people will not be allowed. Anyone who travels internationally is being urged to self quarantine for 14 days upon return even if no symptoms. Alberta Chief Medical Officer doesn't recommend anyone from Alberta travel internationally & that includes the US. My son & his wife live in Seattle. We were planning on driving down for a visit next week but have cancelled. The province is discussing closing down the entire school system but haven't decided yet. Spring Break for public schools in Calgary is the end of next week. I fully expect that they will be & we'll be off a month. I drive a school bus so this affects me directly. What bothers me is where is our federal government? The Provinces are taking the lead here not the feds. I could make a few comments about our Great Leader who is now in self quarantine about the borders remaining open but I won't. 

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

We'll see about that... Glad the players & coaches will be paid. 

Yeah, as much as I believe he's committed to another season, his other baby is facing a serious challenge as well. He may need to make a decision to prioritize the WWE over XFL.

Some airports are going to be closed to International flights. No word which airports will be closed. My spouse is out of the country right now, expected to return on Sunday night. I hope she can fly home directly but I'm doubting this now. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Some airports are going to be closed to International flights. No word which airports will be closed. My spouse is out of the country right now, expected to return on Sunday night. I hope she can fly home directly but I'm doubting this now. 

Will she self quarantine?

hey Speedflex, I hope your family is doing okay!  That sucks that you had to cancel your trip.

My family is fine here, although I'm a little bit vulnerable to it so we're being really cautious.  Been working from home for a week now.  Haven't got the cabin fever yet, but we'll see what happens when we run out of Netflix to watch...

Edited by johnzo

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

When a Chinese billionaire does more in one day than the US Government in 2 months.

https://www.businessinsider.com/jack-ma-pledges-to-ship-coronavirus-tests-masks-to-us-2020-3

But "Boooooo, globalism!"

Jack Ma is kind of a Musk type with an eye for a headline and a big grand gesture.  But he's also a heel, his 9-9-6 formula for work is insane, he posits it as what you have to do to change the world, but "changing the world" really means "making him obscenely wealthy."  Glad he's not my boss.