Covid-19

JCon

48 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm not worried about the illness affecting me. I am not old (despite what my kids say - those little punks!) but I am worried that I could pass it on to someone else with a compromised immune system or my elderly grandmother or my mother or my in-laws... Or, I pass it on to someone else that, in-turn, passes it on to someone else who could get really sick or worse. 

Which is the exact reason why we should vaccinate when given the chance.

General rule of thumb that I've been reading is that for every reported case, an additional 2 people have been infected.  The multiplier is crazy if isolation is not taken seriously.

Edited by Wideleft

Live updates: Brazilian official who met Trump on Saturday at Mar-a-Lago tests positive for coronavirus

March 12, 2020 at 11:24 a.m. CDT

A Brazilian official who met President Trump and Vice President Pence at Mar-a-Lago on Saturday has tested positive for coronavirus, though Trump said he “isn’t concerned” about the development.

So how are people's workplaces preparing in Winnipeg (and beyond)?  Mine has very little info other than listing ten countries that if you visit you have to stay home for two weeks.  Our manager joked about it today and when asked what the plan was, he said if anyone here gets it, we relocate to another building...which, ummm...ok.  Im hoping thats not the "official" plan.  I was wondering why they hadnt provided sanitizer and someone told me the removed it all from our larger building for cost cutting last year.  lol  

11 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Live updates: Brazilian official who met Trump on Saturday at Mar-a-Lago tests positive for coronavirus

March 12, 2020 at 11:24 a.m. CDT

A Brazilian official who met President Trump and Vice President Pence at Mar-a-Lago on Saturday has tested positive for coronavirus, though Trump said he “isn’t concerned” about the development.

And what the Brazilian official said last night:

"In a tweet last night, Wajngarten criticized early reports that he was being tested for the virus, saying he felt good.

“In spite of the fact that the rotten band of press has already spoken absurdities about my religion, my family and my business, now they speak about my health,” he said. “But I am fine.”

The presidential press office said Wajngarten is in quarantine at his home and will return to work only when there isn’t any risk of transmission."

This is pretty rich with lots of foreshadowing thrown in for good measure.

1 minute ago, Wideleft said:

And what the Brazilian official said last night:

"In a tweet last night, Wajngarten criticized early reports that he was being tested for the virus, saying he felt good.

“In spite of the fact that the rotten band of press has already spoken absurdities about my religion, my family and my business, now they speak about my health,” he said. “But I am fine.”

The presidential press office said Wajngarten is in quarantine at his home and will return to work only when there isn’t any risk of transmission."

This is pretty rich with lots of foreshadowing thrown in for good measure.

In regards to Trump and other leadership, one has to assume they have been tested and likely continue to be tested.  One would assume anyone with close access to Trump has also been tested. So he's likely fine...um, I mean, not infected (fine is too broad).

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

In regards to Trump and other leadership, one has to assume they have been tested and likely continue to be tested.  One would assume anyone with close access to Trump has also been tested. So he's likely fine...um, I mean, not infected (fine is too broad).

I'm not sure Trump is smart enough to pass a virus test.

12 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

So how are people's workplaces preparing in Winnipeg (and beyond)?  Mine has very little info other than listing ten countries that if you visit you have to stay home for two weeks.  Our manager joked about it today and when asked what the plan was, he said if anyone here gets it, we relocate to another building...which, ummm...ok.  Im hoping thats not the "official" plan.  I was wondering why they hadnt provided sanitizer and someone told me the removed it all from our larger building for cost cutting last year.  lol  

My workplace is very, very public orientated. My day has been filled with this and all the contingency planning. Meanwhile, it's yearend, so it's already a gongshow here. 

Calgon, take me away!

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

He said he hadn't been tested and that he didn't need to be. 

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

My workplace is very, very public orientated. My day has been filled with this and all the contingency planning. Meanwhile, it's yearend, so it's already a gongshow here. 

Calgon, take me away!

Buddy and his wife work for the feds.  One is with Health so he's still working.  The wife, her workplace is being told anyone who can work from home to do so and they're planning in case it breaks out here.

I have very little confidence in my workplace.  They had a bed bug outbreak a few years ago and relocated the infected area to an uninfected area on a different floor....so, yeah.  And based on my manager's remarks, there has been no discussion from senior management with front line management.  

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If anyone was that stupid it would be him.  But I dont believe him lol  He thinks "I dont need to be tested" makes him sound tough.  It just makes him sound like an idiot.

He is not a healthy man.  If he has not been tested, he's going to end up worse than the Brazilian official.

1 minute ago, Wideleft said:

He is not a healthy man.  If he has not been tested, he's going to end up worse than the Brazilian official.

I hope he's been tested since he made the remarks. I assume his team would implore him to do so. 

The absolute last thing the world needs is for the President of the US to become infected and be down for any length of time. He's incompetent but the economic collapse would be terrible if he tests positive or becomes ill. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I hope he's been tested since he made the remarks. I assume his team would implore him to do so. 

The absolute last thing the world needs is for the President of the US to become infected and be down for any length of time. He's incompetent but the economic collapse would be terrible if he tests positive or becomes ill. 

I'll give you even odds that the market would actually recover a bit.

23 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

My office is normally a ghost-town because the majority of us have the ability to work from home (and do so often) so there hasn't been much change for me. 

My wife says people in her office are in full-blown panic mode... to the extent a couple ladies are carrying Lysol spray with them wherever they go.  They are having to cancel meetings and conferences scheduled over the next few weeks so her work life has definitely been impacted more than mine.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

addition by subtraction... no?

I think it would get better...