2020 CFL Draft

Noeller

17 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

The guys who were shamelessly pumping Simonise's tires want to believe they were right about him, so the story becomes 'he wasn't given a chance'. It's easier than admitting they were wrong in the first place.

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I never pumped his tires at any point but believe he never got enough playing time. One can have a balanced approach to assessing things without being extreme. You should try it.

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

My comment was about those who were pumping Simonise's tires. If you could just ignore the comments that aren't about you... that'd be great.

Simonise got all the chances he deserved and did nothing with them. We had better Canuck receivers so we cut him. It's just football.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Your comment stated that anyone who suggested that Simonise never got much of an opportunity was because they had previously pumped his tires. I responded by pointing out that wasn't necessarily true.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

It didn't suggest that to anyone who can comprehend simple sentence structure. It started with "The guys who were shamelessly pumping Simonise's tires want to believe they were right about him...". If you're not one of those guys, then it's not about you and it's certainly not suggesting anything like what you're saying it did. You love to 'read into' what's being said, get it wrong, then whine about it.

How to derail a thread 101.

1 minute ago, WBBFanWest said:

Nope. Well aware of the history, parties involved in this specific instance (not that it would be different for any other pairs of posters, not singling these guys out as the problem - we all have it in spades, present company included), and the nature of internet boards in general. Just thought I'd flag it early, hopefully nip it in the bud,  and avoid the inevitable 3 pages of sniping and irrelevant tangents. But hey, I'm not the police (yet, I've declined the request to moderate), so have at it if you wish.

Or is that an inaccurate assessment?

35 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

A Saskatchewan kid a Bomber fan? Do they shun you for that in the Gap? Is that a worse crime than insisting on using indoor pluming or arguing that your cousins are not attractive?

And it's not something that you can easily hide either.  Even if you're not wearing blue & gold, as soon as you smile you'll get, at best, "where'd ya get all them there tooths" or at worst, "ya all got a pretty mouth".

16 hours ago, stevethe3rd said:

A friend of mine was in camp with the bombers last year. He told me Simonise was out of it at camp. Seemed like he was not engaged at all. Also there was a story about when they went around the room and introduced themselves on the first day he said something really strange. Gave my buddy the impression he was not that bright. 

fair enough, either way he seemed like he wanted to go home and had a better chance to play in BC.

20 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He's been cut by the Bengals, the Bombers & the Lions. How can you say he hasn't had any real opportunities?  One NFL & 2 CFL teams gave him opportunities. He had an opportunity with the Dinos but blew that when he was ruled academically ineligible to play for the Dinos.  That would definitely raise a red flag by any pro team. If a player isn't disciplined to put in the time to  study in university then how can he be expected to be disciplined to learn the intricacies of an NFL or CFL playbook?

After dropping out of university he failed a drug test & tested positive for a banned substance when he was at the Bengals training camp. Then his CFL draft year deferred to 2018 from 2017 because of it.

In a real head scratcher, after being cut by the Bengals he went to play junior ball with the Okanagan Sun. How would playing against mostly kids a year or two out of high school make him a better player after going to an NFL camp? Why not sign with an Arena League team or stay in the US to train & get better?? 

Still he got drafted by the Bombers even though he never dominated as a junior player with the Sun. The he was cut by the Bombers after 2 seasons here & last season with the Lions. To me, all this falls on the player & not the teams who cut him. Simonise decided himself to take the long & hard road to the pros. It didn't have to be that way so it was his decision. He was given chances. In some cases more than one. It' was up to Simonise to take advantage of what was given him. Looks like he didn't.  Bad decisions played a part. Maybe the reality is he wasn't good enough. 

Can you read? I clearly said I didn't think he got a chance to play HERE (which is true unarguably since he didn't). Pretty simple statement.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

The thread wasn't derailed. It had already gone to Simonise and if he'd had a fair chance or not. Just GN20 miss reading one of my posts again then whining about it. It's kinda his shtick.

The thread was derailed a long time ago when I made a comment about one of the draft picks and got flamed because a player drafted a couple years ago didn't work out.

3 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

As someone from Sask I am really interested to see how Dhielly transitions to the CFL. I think he can have a impact on special teams with his size and athleticism. Will be interesting to see how he transitions to a CFL locker room. I have heard he has matured since his weird split from the U of R.

1 hour ago, tursk said:

Can you read? I clearly said I didn't think he got a chance to play HERE (which is true unarguably since he didn't). Pretty simple statement.

He did get a chance. He failed to take advantage of it so end of story. He got all kinds of chances wherever he went.  Are we going to get Jade Etienne's family here as well saying he didn't get chances either? 

1 hour ago, tursk said:

fair enough, either way he seemed like he wanted to go home and had a better chance to play in BC.

Thought you said he didn't get a fair chance here? Now you're saying he wanted to go back home.? So again, it was his decision derailing his career.  Are you posting on Lionbackers saying he didn't get a fair chance with the Lions as well? 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

15 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Thought you said he didn't get a fair chance here? Now you're saying he wanted to go back home.? So again, it was his decision derailing his career.  Are you posting on Lionbackers saying he didn't get a fair chance with the Lions as well? 

I think you're purposely misreading what I said. I said he did not get a chance to play, not that he was unfairly cut. I do not know what happened behind closed doors or during practice, regardless I was talking about O'leary-Orange so Simonise is irrelevant. 

Edited by tursk

1 hour ago, tursk said:

I think you're purposely misreading what I said. I said he did not get a chance to play, not that he was unfairly cut. I do not know what happened behind closed doors or during practice, regardless I was talking about O'leary-Orange so Simonise is irrelevant. 

Semantics, man. Not given a fair chance to play vs unfairly cut aren't much different as blame is being pointed at the Bomber organization. I don't know what your point is here. You're the one saying Simonise didn't get a fair chance & then you turn around & say you don't know what went on behind closed doors or at practice. So then, how can you make a statement that it was the Bombers who weren't fair to Simonise? They saw him everyday,  his commitment & work habits. Being released by two CFL teams in back to back years say it's a little more than that. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

20 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

The thread wasn't derailed. It had already gone to Simonise and if he'd had a fair chance or not. Just GN20 miss reading one of my posts again then whining about it. It's kinda his shtick.

The irony is too rich,  you've been crying about everything the Bombers do since Christ was a cowboy. It's kind of your shtick. You made yet another ultra-dumb comment in an attempt to pigeon hole any thought process that varies from your biased nonsense and I called you on it and always will call you on it because it is the lowest common denominator way of arguing a point. If you disagree the argument that Simonise wasn't given much of a chance to make the team, tell us why, instead of trying to suggest everyone who thinks that way its because they had some predetermined opinion of him....because that is just stupid.

Edited by GCn20

31 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

The irony is too rich,  you've been crying about everything the Bombers do since Christ was a cowboy. It's kind of your shtick. You made yet another ultra-dumb comment in an attempt to pigeon hole any thought process that varies from your biased nonsense and I called you on it and always will call you on it because it is the lowest common denominator way of arguing a point. If you disagree the argument that Simonise wasn't given much of a chance to make the team, tell us why, instead of trying to suggest everyone who thinks that way its because they had some predetermined opinion of him....because that is just stupid.

Here you go again. Continuing to pretend that I said something I didn't, even after being corrected then calling it stupid. Adding in the 'you hate everything the Bombers do' whine is another part of your shtick. Neither are true, but the things you make up give you the excuse to 'call me out' pretty much every time I post. 

If you could just learn to ignore my posts, everyone would be happier.