Wild Card Race 2020

12 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Realistically... out of the next 14 games... how many wins do we think the Jets need to lock in a playoff spot.   Honestly I think we need to get 20 points.  We cannot afford to lose many more games.

I’ve been thinking/asking the same thing. If we break it into thirds looking at the teams we play the most we could lose imo and still have a chance is 4 games. So I’m with you :)

Edited by HardCoreBlue
I added the points up and matched what you said. :)

43 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Realistically... out of the next 14 games... how many wins do we think the Jets need to lock in a playoff spot.   Honestly I think we need to get 20 points.  We cannot afford to lose many more games.

The way teams are playing 50% gets you in LOL.

Right now, 6 clubs in the running for the #3 Pacific or Wild Card spots: Calgary, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Arizona, Minnesota, and Nashville.

Numbers to chew on:

Home/Road games left -  Winnipeg 7-7, Calgary 10-4, Vancouver 9-7, Arizona 8-6, Minnesota 6-10, Nashville 7-9

Playoff/Non-playoff opponents (as of today's standings) - Wpg 9-5, Cal 9-5, Van 10-6, Ari 8-6, Min 7-9, Nsh 9-7

Back-to back games/opponent is playing B2B against them - Wpg 1-2, Cal 1-1, Van 3-2, Ari 1-2, Min 2-2, Nsh 2-3

Division/Conference/non-conf games left - Wpg 5-8-1, Cal 7-2-5, Van 9-4-3, Ari 7-5-2, Min 6-5-5, Nsh 8-2-6

Opponent's winning % - Wpg .585*, Cal .560, Van .564, Ari .538, Min .553, Nsh .575

*Winnipeg plays no opponent the rest of the way with a lower winning percentage than them at this point.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I want the fLames to start losing and the Jets to start winning. I'm not sure if it's possible, but I desperately want the Jets to get in at the fLames expense...........please? 

Flames will get in thanks to Canucks. Just look at their last 10 games.  6-3-1 vs 4-5-1 and they have all those home games left.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Vancouver is going to keep slumping until Markstrom is back... their D is legit worse than ours and trapped with Myers long-term

If Rinne continues to be awful, Nashville should miss...

Very worried about the grinders in Minnie and Arizona...  think we could lose both of those Jets style... 40 shots and lose by one goal from a missed assignment

10 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

2020.03.05 - NSH beats DAL, MIN @ SJS

:) VAN   66G   74P

:) NSH   67G   74P

-

:( WPG   68G   74P

The best of the wild card teams is baccccckkkkkk!

Man, Saros better not get on a hot streak now that Rinne is benched...