The Winnipeg Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

The public road in front of your house does not include a private parking spot for the owner of the house directly in front of it no matter what some hillbilly might think. Really terrorizing a older couple and then taking a fighting stance just another fake dude who thinks his is the neighborhood tough guy.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

So in case anyone missed it The Forks is not doing fireworks again and it’s not because of Covid.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/the-forks-july-1-new-plans-1.6492681

Come on Steinbach! Take up the mantle and make it worth the trip.

I wonder what the odd will be that in 2023 Canada Day will be a thing again at the Forks after all the tenants in the Forks area rage over losing their #1 money making day of the year?  

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Don’t need to imagine, saw what happened when a black man knelt during an anthem. Multiply x 1 million. 

I don't think it would create a giant racial divide?   I'm pretty sure 99% of the folks in the States are proud to be American regardless of color/political/gender differences.   I'd think unanimously everyone would be in a massive outrage.   

RIP Fun Mountain

The now former owner has said it's been sold and the new owners have opted not to keep the waterpark going...boy I had some fun the few times I was there, really wish Tinkertown bought it though

Edited by iHeart

8 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Had a friend that got a nursing job in the HSC ER in the past year. Didn't last a week. He said it was continually dangerously understaffed and extremely stressful. He's also told me that they have had to switch nurses from other departments into ER nurses there and many of them are public health nurses, pretty much the exact opposite path in nursing as an ER nurse. Can you imagine needing ER care and the nurse responsible for you was working behind a desk the last 10 years and didn't sign up for the job? 😒

Not a surprise nurses are leaving the profession from burnout. If only we had private health care to come to the rescue. (sarcasm)

Edited by WildPath

10 hours ago, iHeart said:

RIP Fun Mountain

The now former owner has said it's been sold and the new owners have opted not to keep the waterpark going...boy I had some fun the few times I was there, really wish Tinkertown bought it though

This was known for the last few months and it was revealed that the amount of money needed to repair Fun Mountain would be far to high for anyone to  realistically invest.    

I will mostly miss the drama with the former owner going crazy on social media.   

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

what makes me sadder is that we don't have a legit water park now, the closest we have is that place in Transcona, but that doesn't offer what the likes of Fun Mountain or Skinners did

Well on a hot day I'm sure the Red River gives you the same experience as the Fun Mountain hot tub :D  

I forgot about that hot tub, I still remember we were on a school trip in 2003 and the weather was not warm, almost everyone was in the hot tub....more slide time for me (yeah the previous year when we went I only got to slide down twice because that's how bad the lineups were)