The Winnipeg Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

On 2021-03-31 at 10:51 AM, Noeller said:

I would imagine all summer events will be cancelled because there's just no way to know what will be allowed this summer, and you can't plan things on a week or even a month's notice. Next summer will be full normal, no question....

Jason Kenney on Twitter: "Help me out here. Which hat should I wear in  today's #CalgaryStampede Parade? (See photos below.) The Open Road, or a  black or white Cattleman?"

"Hah there... How y'all doin' there boy? Yee Ha. In Alberta, we don't cancel nuthin'. Not lak ya city slickahs in Manitobee. Row-day-o is a way of laff. Even if it kills everyone. Lak mah hat?"

Edited by SpeedFlex27

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Jason Kenney on Twitter: "Help me out here. Which hat should I wear in  today's #CalgaryStampede Parade? (See photos below.) The Open Road, or a  black or white Cattleman?"

"Hah there... How y'all doin' there boy? Yee Ha. In Alberta, we don't cancel nuthin'. Not lak ya city slickahs in Manitobee. Row-day-o is a way of laff. Even if it kills everyone. Lak mah hat?"

Y'know, you were all over someone for necro-posting the other day, and you dig up a March post of mine? Just sayin'.......

But yes, this guy is an ******* who's going to cause a COVID daily case spike because he couldn't do the smart and reasonable thing.....

17 hours ago, Noeller said:

Y'know, you were all over someone for necro-posting the other day, and you dig up a March post of mine? Just sayin'.......

Your quote I used was near the top of the previous page... Only 20 posts back, How is that diging anything up? Unless it's a shallow grave, The topic is still being discussed. So, it's valid as I see it. Not dead & buried for a year or more like some others. I didn't go into the archives to find it.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, the watcher said:

Sometimes I just don't understand how the cops manage to do their job. That would be so tough to be on that scene and then go home and try to act like a normal husband and Dad.

All first responders and first receivers deal with this. Horrible, horrible situation and very difficult to overcome. 

Winnipeg has made TIME Magazine’s annual list of the World’s Greatest Places!

Winnipeg is mentioned alongside other great places such as Paris, Tuscany, Venice, Sydney, Denver, Cairo, Athens, Bangkok, Belize, Dubai, and Jasper. You can view the complete list at https://time.com/collection/worlds-greatest-places-2021/.

Winnipeg

On 2021-08-07 at 8:53 PM, bustamente said:

The guy who butchered all those trees this morning needs to made to have them all replaced a simple fine is not enough, and I don't mean with little samplings either nice mature trees like he destroyed

The dude is going to be paying a ridiculous fine...  probably between 125 - 250 thousand.  And they should throw the book at him because he deserves it.  What an idiot. 

• 2 weeks later...