The Winnipeg Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

• 2 weeks later...

I would imagine all summer events will be cancelled because there's just no way to know what will be allowed this summer, and you can't plan things on a week or even a month's notice. Next summer will be full normal, no question....

25 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I would imagine all summer events will be cancelled because there's just no way to know what will be allowed this summer, and you can't plan things on a week or even a month's notice. Next summer will be full normal, no question....

well they already announced that Fringe Fest would go virtual this year

Edited by iHeart

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2021-03-31 at 10:51 AM, Noeller said:

Except in you know where with you know what. "Best summar evarrrrrrrrrr!!"

COVER.jason-kenney-rural.jpg

Alberta Premier Jason Kenney clusterfucks it up – again. “If Kenney's path  to the federal PMO is paved in N95 face masks, it proves how much stupid  he's willing to do to

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

In most jurisdictions, this would lead to fewer accidents and better traffic flow. However, it will inevitably be clogged up by the d-bag who stops in the merge lane and waits for all traffic to pass, just like in every other interchange or merge lane in the city.

But, I know of many who travel on Hwy 3 to commute, so it will hopefully make things safer and easier for them. 

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

it will inevitably be clogged up by the d-bag who stops in the merge lane and waits for all traffic to pass, just like in every other interchange or merge lane in the city.

100% agree. Not only should you get a ticket for being a moron, but you should also have your licence taken away.

Edited by Stretch

17 hours ago, JCon said:

In most jurisdictions, this would lead to fewer accidents and better traffic flow. However, it will inevitably be clogged up by the d-bag who stops in the merge lane and waits for all traffic to pass, just like in every other interchange or merge lane in the city.

But, I know of many who travel on Hwy 3 to commute, so it will hopefully make things safer and easier for them. 

I agree but the city could really aid in this by being consistent in design. Take the corner of Lagimodiere and Grassie. Westbound Grassie to Northbound Lag has a great yield/merge lane, likely 300M or so. Eastbound Grassie to Southbound Lag, direct spill in to 80km/hr traffic. Seriously WTF?!?!?

On 2021-06-23 at 6:43 AM, GCJenks said:

I agree but the city could really aid in this by being consistent in design. Take the corner of Lagimodiere and Grassie. Westbound Grassie to Northbound Lag has a great yield/merge lane, likely 300M or so. Eastbound Grassie to Southbound Lag, direct spill in to 80km/hr traffic. Seriously WTF?!?!?

That intersection is just a mess and needs to redone correctly...