The Winnipeg Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

5 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

"(Ivan) Harton said if the plate is eventually removed, he hopes the person owns up to it if it was a mistake."

A mistake...? No way the person who got this customized vanity plate did so mistakenly. Crazy how this plate even passed the approval process with MPI.

If our current provincial government is willing to court the right-wingers, this is only a small step beyond that.

‘CRIMINAL CONDUCT”: Fashion Mogul Peter Nygard Charged With Sex Trafficking Underage Girls: DOJ

Canadian fashion designer Peter Nygard has been indicted after allegedly using his influence and money to recruit underage girls and women for his own sexual gratification for 25 years, prosecutors announced on Tuesday.

Nygard, 79, faces several charges, including sex-trafficking and racketeering, for his “decades-long pattern of criminal conduct” in the United States, the Bahamas, and Canada, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York said in a statement. Prosecutors allege that since 1995, Nygard used the influence of his company and employees to “recruit and maintain adult and minor-aged female victims” for his own sexual gratification and the sexual gratification of his business associates and friends. Nygard was arrested in Winnipeg on Monday at the request of the United States.

“Nygard frequently targeted women and minor-aged girls who came from disadvantaged economic backgrounds and/or who had a history of abuse,” prosecutors said, adding that the 79-year-old “controlled his victims through threats, false promises of modeling opportunities,” financial support and physical isolation. Prosecutors add that Nygard referred to some of his victims as “girlfriends” or “assistants,” requiring that they travel with the fashion mogul to engage in sex acts at his direction and to recruit new women for him.

UGH,, BUT ABOUT TIME

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

‘CRIMINAL CONDUCT”: Fashion Mogul Peter Nygard Charged With Sex Trafficking Underage Girls: DOJ

Canadian fashion designer Peter Nygard has been indicted after allegedly using his influence and money to recruit underage girls and women for his own sexual gratification for 25 years, prosecutors announced on Tuesday.

Nygard, 79, faces several charges, including sex-trafficking and racketeering, for his “decades-long pattern of criminal conduct” in the United States, the Bahamas, and Canada, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York said in a statement. Prosecutors allege that since 1995, Nygard used the influence of his company and employees to “recruit and maintain adult and minor-aged female victims” for his own sexual gratification and the sexual gratification of his business associates and friends. Nygard was arrested in Winnipeg on Monday at the request of the United States.

“Nygard frequently targeted women and minor-aged girls who came from disadvantaged economic backgrounds and/or who had a history of abuse,” prosecutors said, adding that the 79-year-old “controlled his victims through threats, false promises of modeling opportunities,” financial support and physical isolation. Prosecutors add that Nygard referred to some of his victims as “girlfriends” or “assistants,” requiring that they travel with the fashion mogul to engage in sex acts at his direction and to recruit new women for him.

UGH,, BUT ABOUT TIME

The only bad thing about this is that he may not face prosecution in Canada. 

This bus incident happened literally a block from my house (I can see the stretch of road from my bedroom window). The entire southbound side of Henderson was blocked off by WPS when I drove home from work just shortly after 9 and it's basically a crime scene.

It sounds like a passenger attacked the driver, who then suffered a heart attack, the bus veered off the road and into a front yard, and the assailant has since fled the scene. Eight people were taken to hospital and one is in unstable condition.

This **** is beyond unsettling.

Edited by blue_gold_84
glad to be wrong about what happened

20 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

This bus incident happened literally a block from my house (I can see the stretch of road from my bedroom window). The entire southbound side of Henderson was blocked off by WPS when I drove home from work just shortly after 9 and it's basically a crime scene.

It sounds like a passenger attacked the driver, who then suffered a heart attack, the bus veered off the road and into a front yard, and the assailant has since fled the scene. Eight people were taken to hospital and one is in unstable condition.

This **** is beyond unsettling.

So much for the bad passenger theory.

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/winnipeg-bus-crash-that-sent-8-people-to-hospital-caused-by-medical-condition-1.5237955

9 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-road-rage-dangerous-driving-1.5849469

Saw this posted on Reddit last night. That guy needs to have license taken away at the very least.

That guy needs to go to prison at the very least.

Seriously, from reading that article it's a miracle someone wasn't gravely injured.

9 minutes ago, iHeart said:

well driving is going to be difficult tomorrow

Yay. Just in time, my kids were grumbling that there was no snow- now they can listen to me grumble about having to shovel. :)

Just kidding, it's nice to see the snow arrive just in time for Xmas. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

13 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

That guy needs to go to prison at the very least.

Seriously, from reading that article it's a miracle someone wasn't gravely injured.

He should go to prison,  unfortunately with our system he most likely will lose his license,  go to anger management and get a light slap on the wrist.