The Winnipeg Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

Manitoba Liberals are condemning the Pallister PCs' decision, along with Travel Manitoba, to issue a request for proposal on how to privatize and sell off Manitoba's parks.

https://www.mbliberalcaucus.ca/news_details.php?id=150&fbclid=IwAR0Wj-_oDudozPJridPfDOf--pC3zvbjrs7sMQK9WvmUuVLuRS54TrIylRg

Not good! 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The St. Regis was the preferred watering hole for Tribune and Free Press staffers way back. 

8 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I would have really liked an opportunity to walk through the building one more time. I have spent a lot of time there, shopping, both as a young child and as an adult. I won't miss the "store" but I will miss the architecture and the intricate detail of the moldings. 

The spirit of the downtown Bay store left it many years ago, when the Xmas displays and the Paddlewheel left. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I would have really liked an opportunity to walk through the building one more time. I have spent a lot of time there, shopping, both as a young child and as an adult. I won't miss the "store" but I will miss the architecture and the intricate detail of the moldings. 

The spirit of the downtown Bay store left it many years ago, when the Xmas displays and the Paddlewheel left. 

Trust me it is better that you remember it as what it was rather then what it became.  It's just a sad crumbling building at this point. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Trust me it is better that you remember it as what it was rather then what it became.  It's just a sad crumbling building at this point. 

It is, indeed. I just haven't been in the past year. 

I once did a tour when we were exploring some possible relocation scenarios. The guts are still there even if the façade has faded. 

that sea tunnel had been under renovation forever, if they aren't even going to reopen it I'm sure Assiniboine would love to open a new exhibit or something to hold these fist

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/thats-a-moray-petition-launched-to-relocate-club-regent-sea-life-573268321.html?fbclid=IwAR2_RSXl2-kjjaBgukdJoxC_nrl6L807uZVDtNZcxf0i6whc6__YLHy8NMg

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

that sea tunnel had been under renovation forever, if they aren't even going to reopen it I'm sure Assiniboine would love to open a new exhibit or something to hold these fist

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/thats-a-moray-petition-launched-to-relocate-club-regent-sea-life-573268321.html?fbclid=IwAR2_RSXl2-kjjaBgukdJoxC_nrl6L807uZVDtNZcxf0i6whc6__YLHy8NMg

It would cost a small fortune to bring all those animals over. Some benefactor would have to come forward. I'm sure Lotteries would kick in a bit, just to be rid of them and their maintenance costs. 

8 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

"(Ivan) Harton said if the plate is eventually removed, he hopes the person owns up to it if it was a mistake."

A mistake...? No way the person who got this customized vanity plate did so mistakenly. Crazy how this plate even passed the approval process with MPI.

19 hours ago, JCon said:

It would cost a small fortune to bring all those animals over. Some benefactor would have to come forward. I'm sure Lotteries would kick in a bit, just to be rid of them and their maintenance costs. 

If they had a sushi/seafood special at the restaurant , it would solve both problems at the same time.

Just now, Tracker said:

If they had a sushi/seafood special at the restaurant , it would solve both problems at the same time.

I've eaten shark, when I was much younger and didn't know the environmental impact of shark fishing, and it's nothing special. White meat, large flakes but tough. Gets some marks for scarcity, so 5 out of 10. 

Moray eel, though? Never. Bring it on!

5 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

"(Ivan) Harton said if the plate is eventually removed, he hopes the person owns up to it if it was a mistake."

A mistake...? No way the person who got this customized vanity plate did so mistakenly. Crazy how this plate even passed the approval process with MPI.

I saw one person say Aryano is a Phillipino name.