Bombers recruiting Derel Walker

Mike

26 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Or we would be the longest regining Grey Cup Champs in History...... 12+ straight months lol

That would be the Hamilton Tigers, who won the cup in 1915 and, because of the First World War and rule disputes in 1919, retained possession until the next Grey Cup game in 1920. Can't see this corona-virus being that bad.

52 minutes ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

That would be the Hamilton Tigers, who won the cup in 1915 and, because of the First World War and rule disputes in 1919, retained possession until the next Grey Cup game in 1920. Can't see this corona-virus being that bad.

Way to ruin my parade 🤣

Fine.... longest in current history 

Edited by Bomber_fanaddict

• 4 weeks later...

Whatever happened to this guy.....seems like he fell off the earth...I see that the Esks. have signed Armanti Edwards today....not a bad little receiver...Thought they might be in the Walker game.....I doubt they'd be now with the inking of Edwards

Edited by Stickem

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Whatever happened to this guy.....seems like he fell off the earth...I see that the Esks. have signed Armanti Edwards today....not a bad little receiver...Thought they might be in the Walker game.....I doubt they'd be now with the inking of Edwards

With the uncertainty of whether there will be a season and no XFL as a fallback Im surprised Derel doesn't jump on whoever is willing to give him the biggest signing bonus right now.

Regular season starts Labour Day. Play a 12 week schedule.  All regular season games played in Canada. Then switch the playoff games to Arizona & California with the Grey Cup played in the SW or California before Christmas Day. If empty stadiums are to be used, this makes perfect sense as college stadiums will be empty except for the Bowl games.  That would allow us to extend the season so late. Just a thought. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Regular season starts Labour Day. Play a 12 week schedule.  All regular season games played in Canada. Then switch the playoff games to Arizona & California with the Grey Cup played in the SW or California before Christmas Day. If empty stadiums are to be used, this makes perfect sense as college stadiums will be empty except for the Bowl games.  That would allow us to extend the season so late. Just a thought. 

That's just dumb.  Play for the Grey Cup in the US?   No thanks.  And even if this was a good idea (which it isn't), how many US stadium fields can be adapted to allow for Canadian demensions?  I'm thinking that there cant be that many.

More and more, I'm leaning toward scrapping the 2020 season. The border isn't going to be open in time for the US players to get up here, and they aren't going to allow fans for at least a year, if not more....and the CFL isn't a league that can get by without fans in attendance. At this point, I think we'd be lucky to only lose 1 season...

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

More and more, I'm leaning toward scrapping the 2020 season. The border isn't going to be open in time for the US players to get up here, and they aren't going to allow fans for at least a year, if not more....and the CFL isn't a league that can get by without fans in attendance. At this point, I think we'd be lucky to only lose 1 season...

I’m almost at that point. Sad really, but it seems inevitable. 
It almost seems surreal.

At the very least, we go through this after achieving our goal, and that was winning the league prize. They cannot take that away, nor attach an asterisk to it.
It’s a clean, deserved win...and it’s ours.