Bombers recruiting Derel Walker

Mike

21 hours ago, Mike said:

This is an embarrassing post. For so many reasons. 

Let the guy take his time to find a comfortable situation he’s happy with. He doesn’t owe you anything.

The only thing that's embarrassing is that he hasn't signed with us yet. Does he owe me anything? Absolutely not. However, and I may be a little biased, but I believe we are still the best team in the league and any player that's interested in winning a championship should run, not walk, to Mr. Walters' office and sign on the dotted line post haste before the money runs out. Since he hasn't done that, fine, but how comfortable is he going to be when we are stomping him and his team?

I don't see how signing with us could be a mistake for him or make him uncomfortable. If it's about playing closer to home isn't Texas closer to Winnipeg than Toronto is? If it's about playing in the NFL then it's about the money and not about winning a Grey Cup. 

I've already stated that I'd be over the moon if he signed here. If he signs elsewhere he becomes the enemy and I'll look forward to watching my team kick his team's ass.

On 2020-03-01 at 2:38 PM, voodoochylde said:

I’ll be bummed but I can’t fault a receiver bypassing Winnipeg when our offence runs through #33 and haven’t had much of a vertical passing game for a number of years now. We simply haven’t been able to consistently support a single 1000 receiver (let alone multiple) .. until that changes, anyone coming to the Bombers has to buy into a role.

I guess we need to wait and see but I can't believe we'd be any more timid throwing the ball than we were when Lapo was here. Now that Lapo is gone I think it bodes well for the likes of Adams, Demski, Lawler, Whitehead, etc. I also think #33 will fare a lot better and be a fresher, more effective player when everyone in the house doesn't know when he is getting the ball. 

39 minutes ago, J5V said:

I guess we need to wait and see but I can't believe we'd be any more timid throwing the ball than we were when Lapo was here. Now that Lapo is gone I think it bodes well for the likes of Adams, Demski, Lawler, Whitehead, etc. I also think #33 will fare a lot better and be a fresher, more effective player when everyone in the house doesn't know when he is getting the ball. 

I certainly hope so, but if im an elite WR im not sure id bet on it for a 1 or 2 year deal. 

2018 darvin was 8th in yards and 4th in tds. 9th and 8th in 2017, dressler 10th in catches in 2016 with denny 8th and adams 9th in tds, Nick moore was 10th in catches in 15, denny was 6th in catches and 2nd in yards in 14, watson was 10th in catches with TE 7th in yards and 3rd in tds, Te was 8th in catches 2nd in yards and 2nd in tds in 2010 and bowman was 9th in tds in 2009. 

The last time we had a wr with 100+ catches 1500+ yards and 15+ tds was milt in 2002. The last time we had an elite / top tier wr  core was 2007 with armstrong TE and milt.

After the TE era we've been a team that doesnt put the emphasis on throwing down field and producing big yards and points with wrs.  

5 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

im very suspicious of some contract restructuring being done by Ticats - Banks and Lawrence. 

maybe making room for Walker?

HaHa, they finally figured out they overspent in F.A. and are now trying to put the puzzle back together with too many expensive pieces  Their pain is delicious.  Hope they cut the whiny runt!