Bombers recruiting Derel Walker

Mike

17 minutes ago, Y2C said:

He will probably sign pretty soon.

The season is still months away though.  Teams could easily be weighing options and considering moving things around to fit a guy like Walker in.

Pretty sure it was mentioned just recently that BC was probably out.  Yes, other teams are also trying to find a way to fit in a top tier receiver but need to balance their cap situations.

Any of the Esks, RedBlacks, Toronto, Montreal and Calgary are potential landing spots...  TO and Ottawa are probably out because I would think he wants to win

I'm beginning to think I may not want him here. He may be a skilled and talented receiver but he may also be a loser. No desire to join a reigning, defending championship team that wants you and is willing to pay fair market value? Holding out for the highest bidder of a few shekels regardless of how crappy that team may be?

Yeah, go sign somewhere else and watch us beat the crap out of your team and humiliate you in the process. Good move, genius.

Walters likes to sign character guys that know how to win. Let's not make an exception now.

24 minutes ago, J5V said:

I'm beginning to think I may not want him here. He may be a skilled and talented receiver but he may also be a loser. No desire to join a reigning, defending championship team that wants you and is willing to pay fair market value? Holding out for the highest bidder of a few shekels regardless of how crappy that team may be?

Yeah, go sign somewhere else and watch us beat the crap out of your team and humiliate you in the process. Good move, genius.

Walters likes to sign character guys that know how to win. Let's not make an exception now.

Lol over reacting a tad bit here?

What's the hurry for him,  the season hasn't started yet. 

This happens almost every year in FA. Some Fans seem to think 2 things. 1) that every player needs to sign asap and if they dont there must be a problem with, their attitude, their health, their desire or their asking price. 2) that fans have all the information they need to understand why a player has or hasnt signed.

The reality is, there isnt a single person on this forum that has enough information about the process with Walker. All that we have are what ifs. And often people go to the list mentioned above. What if he doesn't want to play, what if hes a cancer in the locker room, what if we cant afford him. But conveniently leave out other what ifs. What if hes dealing with a personal tragedy? what if hes considering retirement? what if hes just taking his damn time? 

On 2020-03-01 at 6:43 PM, J5V said:

This is an embarrassing post. For so many reasons. 

Let the guy take his time to find a comfortable situation he’s happy with. He doesn’t owe you anything.

On ‎2020‎-‎02‎-‎28 at 8:13 AM, stevethe3rd said:

Collaros is done, he played in 5 games last year. What are you guys going to do when he goes down? 

This might be the epitome of Riderfan hypocrisy. For a team's fan base that just witnessed that a Collaros injury is indeed survivable you sure didn't bother to commit that to your long term memory. Just a stupid comment made stupider by the fact that this exact scenario rolled out for you guys last year.

On 2020-02-28 at 8:13 AM, stevethe3rd said:

Collaros is done, he played in 5 games last year. What are you guys going to do when he goes down? 

We'll let him rest, once he improves, we'll limp into the playoffs in 3rd place, take out the Stamps at home in the semi-final, walk into Regina and beat the Riders on a last 2nd playin the West final, then beat the East in the Grey Cup.  

5 games is all we need.

39 minutes ago, ALuCsRED said:

We'll let him rest, once he improves, we'll limp into the playoffs in 3rd place, take out the Stamps at home in the semi-final, walk into Regina and beat the Riders on a last 2nd playin the West final, then beat the East in the Grey Cup.  

5 games is all we need.

thing is...Rider's will be lucky to be 4th...maaaaybeee 3rd this year, so we won't get the chance to whoop em again in play-offs at IGWest

Guys, I don’t mean to defend a Rider fan here, but his response about Collaros being done etc was a direct response to someone else saying Labatte is done and citing very similar reasons as to why someone *could* say Collaros is done. He literally used the same text but replaced Labatte with Collaros to make a point. It was meant to be facetious, from what I could tell. Best to read it in context. 

6 minutes ago, O2L said:

Guys, I don’t mean to defend a Rider fan here, but his response about Collaros being done etc was a direct response to someone else saying Labatte is done and citing very similar reasons as to why someone *could* say Collaros is done. He literally used the same text but replaced Labatte with Collaros to make a point. It was meant to be facetious, from what I could tell. Best to read it in context. 

Stay out of this 

20 minutes ago, Stickem said:

There's where you went wrong

HAHA...yup....difference though when Collaros dressed and played he was a difference maker and still has his talent..Labatte...not so much...he riding the wave of former ability now...he is very average and average at a high SMS hit

1 hour ago, Booch said:

HAHA...yup....difference though when Collaros dressed and played he was a difference maker and still has his talent..Labatte...not so much...he riding the wave of former ability now...he is very average and average at a high SMS hit

Absolutely this is not comparing watermelons to watermelons here. 

Watching ZC in Sask....he had the look of somebody, who was just beaten down, and just looking for the exit sign.  Couple of real sad interviews, as well.  
Thought he might be done.   You see him in interviews, here.....and he really looks like he has the mojo back.   Hope he can stay on the field.....and keep drinking the good water.

Zack looked confused there...timid....zero confidence, and yeah like you said in interviews it was sad, and made a person wanna just tell him to hang him up...but you could see once he got here, in interviews and his poise and body language on the field that a a switch came back on...

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

Zack looked confused there...timid....zero confidence, and yeah like you said in interviews it was sad, and made a person wanna just tell him to hang him up...but you could see once he got here, in interviews and his poise and body language on the field that a a switch came back on...

What QB wouldn't like playing behind guys like Hardrick and Bryant and with a back like Harris to dump the ball off to?  Don't think I could get too excited about guys like Brendan Labatte. Look at how clean our O-line kept Zach during his time here. He didn't even have to wash his jersey most games. 🙂

Have read a couple different interviews with Collaros this offseason, talking about how he's found his will to play football again, after feeling very "done" prior to coming to Winnipeg. Playing with the teammates he has, and maybe more importantly, playing FOR the coach he has, has rekindled his fire.

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Have read a couple different interviews with Collaros this offseason, talking about how he's found his will to play football again, after feeling very "done" prior to coming to Winnipeg. Playing with the teammates he has, and maybe more importantly, playing FOR the coach he has, has rekindled his fire.

Well let's just hope he doesn't crumble under a little adversity because so far things have gone pretty good for him.