Bombers recruiting Derel Walker

Mike

11 hours ago, stevethe3rd said:

Collaros is done, he played in 5 games last year. What are you guys going to do when he goes down? 

Hey, I know you're enjoying the 11 Grey Cups your team has won. Oh wait, it's only 4. Math is hard for Rider fans... KAAAAAVIS!!!! Even when you have a qb you still can't win.  #13riderdozen

Edited by SpeedFlex27

See the source image

So, everyday I come here hoping to hear some positive news about the Bombers signing Derell Walker but nothing ever happens. I feel like I'm William Shatner in an episode of the Twilight Zone. I keep seeing a monster on the wing of the plane I'm flying in but no one believes me. 

See the source image

Edited by SpeedFlex27

15 hours ago, stevethe3rd said:

Just what i thought. You are guys are hoping for a young guy with not much experience to come in and hold down the fort. The riders will do the same if/when labatte gets injured. 

Yes, Franklin's 'experience' as a shitty QB will be sorely missed here! Haha.

Love how rider fans talk about our QB situation and don't see how there's isn't much more certain. Fajardo is just as likely to regress to the mean as he is to have another good year and Franklin couldn't win the QB job in Toronto.  But the Riders are  forever a dynasty in their own minds I guess lol...

Edited by Blue and Gold87

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

Walker should change his name to Runner.....not only a great football name but it seems that's his MO....Nobody can keep up or has heard from him or his agent in eons ...This thread is dead

Just because the agent hasn't been talking to you, that doesn't mean he hasn't been talking to the teams. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Just because the agent hasn't been talking to you, that doesn't mean he hasn't been talking to the teams. 

Talking to me ....he hasn't been talking to anybody......well at least who we know of....Would be nice if Walters would at least give us an update about whether or not we have even had a conversation with Runner or his agent....Nobody's talking as far as we know....Last reference about the guy was B.C. stating they're 95 percent out on acquiring his services....???????after that crickets..............................signed waiting patiently

Edited by Stickem

On 2020-02-28 at 8:14 AM, Geebrr said:

Sure he is.

To be good in limited action is easy for an OL. Come in on short yardage and blow up a guy who isnt the size of an interior DL. 

On 2020-02-28 at 8:29 AM, stevethe3rd said:

Just what i thought. You are guys are hoping for a young guy with not much experience to come in and hold down the fort. The riders will do the same if/when labatte gets injured. 

What do the riders do at QB if fajardo cant beat the sophomore jinx? A lot of his production came off 1 timing route and spinning into a roll out to the same side. Weve seen qbs have a promising year 1 as a starter then get destroyed by the second year wall when teams have ample film on them and game plan for them many many times. 

Every team in the cfl has this question at multiple positions. The difference is the bombers have a premier front office. We developed on of the best OLs in the league, lost pieces and replaced from with in, then had young guys forced into action early and they excelled. Weve rolled over our defensive backfield to a great extent each year over the last few years and still the guys we let go are starters for other teams. Other teams clamor for our cuts and free agents. We have shown the ability to identify and replace production at almost every position on the field. So we dont have a reason to worry. 

5 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Literally just watched this yesterday, not too far behind the Bombers grey cup win this year in terms of satisfaction.

That shot of Lapo trying to destroy his hat could be replicated this year when the RedB's hit the field.....Could be a lot of frustration....but all the luck to him

32 minutes ago, Y2C said:

Why hasn't he signed?! I want to know his status NOW!

NOW! NOW! NOW!

What's he trying to get the best possible deal for himself like an idiot or something?  People on a CFL message board DEMAND ANSWERS. 😫

Yeah.

But, also just sign somewhere already, Dude.

The NFL isn't calling. The XFL may not exist in 3 weeks, and most CFL teams are maxed out cap wise.😄

45 minutes ago, Y2C said:

Why hasn't he signed?! I want to know his status NOW!

NOW! NOW! NOW!

What's he trying to get the best possible deal for himself like an idiot or something?  People on a CFL message board DEMAND ANSWERS. 😫

Haha, this!

I don’t know why people get themselves so worked up about a player taking the time to find a situation (and dollar amount) that he finds favourable. He’ll sign with a team when he signs with a team and yes .. the pool of cash is getting smaller .. the only person THAT impacts is Walker.

If he signs here, I’ll be happy. We will be a better team.

If he doesn’t, it wasn’t for lack of trying. I’ll be bummed but I can’t fault a receiver bypassing Winnipeg when our offence runs through #33 and haven’t had much of a vertical passing game for a number of years now. We simply haven’t been able to consistently support a single 1000 receiver (let alone multiple) .. until that changes, anyone coming to the Bombers has to buy into a role.

He will probably sign pretty soon.

The season is still months away though.  Teams could easily be weighing options and considering moving things around to fit a guy like Walker in.

Pretty sure it was mentioned just recently that BC was probably out.  Yes, other teams are also trying to find a way to fit in a top tier receiver but need to balance their cap situations.