Bombers recruiting Derel Walker

Mike

From 3downnation: \

The market for the CFL’s top remaining free agent might be getting even slimmer. TSN’s Farhan Lalji appeared on TSN1040 on Wednesday and it seems the Lions might be losing interest in Derel Walker.

According to Lalji, the Lions are “95 percent out” on Walker — one of the best receivers in the CFL over the last number of years. Of course, things could change down the road, but for the time being, the Lions appear to be content with who they have.

1 hour ago, stevethe3rd said:

IDK about that he is probably coming into camp as the 6th Canadian lineman. Not sure he will make the team. 

The other national OL the Riders have right now behind Clark, Shepley and Labatte are: Jake Bennett (1 career start), Logan Ferland (0 career starts and 0 career games), Vincent Roy, a converted CIS DL with 8 CIS starts and Braden Schram (13 CFL games). You don't think JSJ makes the team? You have no depth.

Just for fun, Winnipeg's 6th OL is Cody Speller, who started for us in the Grey Cup and our likely 7th OL is Geoff Gray, who has 13 career starts and 14 games of CFL experience (you know as much as your entire set of back OL prospects). We also have Asotui Eli ( 5 games).

9 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

The other national OL the Riders have right now behind Clark, Shepley and Labatte are: Jake Bennett (1 career start), Logan Ferland (0 career starts and 0 career games), Vincent Roy, a converted CIS DL with 8 CIS starts and Braden Schram (13 CFL games). You don't think JSJ makes the team? You have no depth.

Just for fun, Winnipeg's 6th OL is Cody Speller, who started for us in the Grey Cup and our likely 7th OL is Geoff Gray, who has 13 career starts and 14 games of CFL experience (you know as much as your entire set of back OL prospects). We also have Asotui Eli ( 5 games).

Schram is actually pretty good in limited action. Bennett was a 3rd round pick supplemental pick who was a multi year starter in Div one playing same level of football as Eli and is probably a similar prospect. I think both of these guys are ahead of JSJ. I doubt they put him on the PR. I am comfortable with him filling in at centre and scram at guard. The problem comes with two canadian injuries. 

3 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

Schram is actually pretty good in limited action. Bennett was a 3rd round pick supplemental pick who was a multi year starter in Div one playing same level of football as Eli and is probably a similar prospect. I think both of these guys are ahead of JSJ. I doubt they put him on the PR. I am comfortable with him filling in at centre and scram at guard. The problem comes with two canadian injuries. 

Labatte is done. Guy played 6 games last year and is in his 13th season.

What are you going to do when he goes down?

14 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

Sure he is.

4 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

Schramm was adequate at best and at already 27 and no real experience hardly a guy you want as a 6th guy. let alone a possible starter..the was a reason Hamilton let him go

Bennett is an undersized guy again with no experience and not even in the same ball park in terms of Eli and potential..Eli was a top ranked interior O-Lineman in the NCAA and if not for his injury would have probably gone somewhere in the first 3-4 rounds of NFL draft...so hardly a realistic comparison.

JSJ is probably better than both those back-ups you mentioned and that is trouble for the Riders..when you look at back-ups (Speller/Gray/Eli) vs (Bennett/Schramm/JSJ and the other middling talents whose names escape me) its not even close...your national component consists of aging and rapidly declining Labatte...average Clarke, and then a whole lot of unknown, unexperienced "possible" potential nothings

And for Starters (Desjarlais/Couture/Neuf) vs (Labatte/Clarke/Shepley) again not even close..Labatte I doubt even plays 10 games..and Shepley though has upside hasn't proven himself yet as a top notch starter...and he may just bolt for another NFL try next year, and that leaves you even worse off than this year...that oline situation and the next few years there is a mess

4 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

Collaros is done, he played in 5 games last year. What are you guys going to do when he goes down? 

well we will prob take McGuires Grey Cup ring off his finger and the offence behind the leagues best o-line will continue to hum right along, and Zack will put his feet up and polish his up a bit...just cause

He also could have played earlier but good ship Argo choose not to dress him

Big question is what are you gonna do when the o-line resembles a high school team..Fajardo displays what he truley is (career back-up) and gets hurt...again...he hasn't shown he can play a full season without injury (seperated shld/Oblique)???...Not sure Franklin smiling and grinning will do much behind a line of swiss cheeese..he couldnt in T.O

Just now, Geebrr said:

Honestly, take this delusional Rider propaganda back to where it belongs  

With possibility of the eastern weak sisters being able to garner 6-8 wins this year, it's most likely sask won't even be able to cross over this year, and if they use the new play-off format that wont help them either

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

well we will prob take McGuires Grey Cup ring off his finger and the offence behind the leagues best o-line will continue to hum right along, and Zack will put his feet up and polish his up a bit...just cause

He also could have played earlier but good ship Argo choose not to dress him

Big question is what are you gonna do when the o-line resembles a high school team..Fajardo displays what he truley is (career back-up) and gets hurt...again...he hasn't shown he can play a full season without injury (seperated shld/Oblique)???...Not sure Franklin smiling and grinning will do much behind a line of swiss cheeese..he couldnt in T.O

Just what i thought. You are guys are hoping for a young guy with not much experience to come in and hold down the fort. The riders will do the same if/when labatte gets injured. 

18 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

Just what i thought. You are guys are hoping for a young guy with not much experience to come in and hold down the fort. The riders will do the same if/when labatte gets injured. 

you just encapsulated what went on in Rider land last year, got very lucky with a career journeyman...one whom your whole forum/fanbase mocked when signed...and comparing a thin weak o-line, annd injury replacement/back-ups to it with zero experience isn't the same thing as a back-up QB question..

I'd feel much better about my team with a solid second year guy coming into the game..with entire offence he worked with last year, same coaches, and best running back and oline in league to hold down the fort than have Tom Brady at his best step in behind a crappy oline with no depth, and most likely a totally new offensive scheme (which is sure to cause o-line communication mess ups at first) and get him killed, or gave him the happy feet to force and rush things leading to turnovers and incompletions..

Edited by Booch

43 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

Collaros is done, he played in 5 games last year. What are you guys going to do when he goes down? 

His 4th and 5th wins were especially  phenomenal! I’d be more concerned about how many QBs the Riders go through with those pylons up front.

Edited by Dirty30

4 hours ago, Dirty30 said:

His 4th and 5th wins were especially  phenomenal! I’d be more concerned about how many QBs the Riders go through with those pylons up front.

With that Oline!?! With apologies to Sweet...

Faj On The Run

Faj on the run
You screamed and everybody comes a-running
Take a run and hide yourself away
Faj on the run
F-fajy, Fajy on the run and hideaway

Edited by JCon