Bombers recruiting Derel Walker

Mike

https://www.tsn.ca/provisions-in-cfl-s-current-cba-work-against-bringing-top-canadian-talent-home-1.1448885?tsn-amp&__twitter_impression=true

Taken from Geebrr post in another thread but it seems as though this could have an effect on the Derel Walker situation and maybe why he hasn't signed anywhere yet. Maybe Toronto found out awhile ago and reached out to Walker and said, hey we may have 200k for you depending on how this shakes out...

Thoughts?

6 minutes ago, Firekid said:

https://www.tsn.ca/provisions-in-cfl-s-current-cba-work-against-bringing-top-canadian-talent-home-1.1448885?tsn-amp&__twitter_impression=true

Taken from Geebrr post in another thread but it seems as though this could have an effect on the Derel Walker situation and maybe why he hasn't signed anywhere yet. Maybe Toronto found out awhile ago and reached out to Walker and said, hey we may have 200k for you depending on how this shakes out...

Thoughts?

Doubt it.  The league & PA seem to want to get this issue cleared up so the Jones signing will go through, it's just a matter of when.

52 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Doubt it.  The league & PA seem to want to get this issue cleared up so the Jones signing will go through, it's just a matter of when.

Wonder why it was added in for this year then? Seems odd that they would want to remove it when it was just added? Or at least that's how it read to me?

11 minutes ago, Firekid said:

Wonder why it was added in for this year then? Seems odd that they would want to remove it when it was just added? Or at least that's how it read to me?

I don't think they thought it all the way thru. They added language to cap draft picks salaries for the first 3 years that also applies to NI's who play in the NFL before coming into the CFL. They just need to update the wording so the NI salary cap doesn't apply to NI's who get 1 or more years in the NFL.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't think they thought it all the way thru. They added language to cap draft picks salaries for the first 3 years that also applies to NI's who play in the NFL before coming into the CFL. They just need to update the wording so the NI salary cap doesn't apply to NI's who get 1 or more years in the NFL.

“I don’t think they thought it all the way thru” seems to be the MO for the CFL and the PA lately

47 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

I kind of agree. And if they want to cap certain salaries maybe they should start with QB's!

But why cap? If a team wants to pay a player 50% of the cap, let them that’s their problem. The league is going to realize soon that a larger % of revenue is needed. They can’t rely on new leagues failing.

1 hour ago, Tiny759 said:

But why cap? If a team wants to pay a player 50% of the cap, let them that’s their problem. The league is going to realize soon that a larger % of revenue is needed. They can’t rely on new leagues failing.

The riders and a few other teams got real pissy with us over the money we gave faith as the top pick and the precedent that set. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Nope. But I hear he's going to finally do it this year. Great depth signing! 🤢

AND the message sent from their fans is....'why the hell did we bring this guy back'...Of course there's the ostrich's who are totally on board with the reacquiring ....and that speaks loads about the mentality in saskabush

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

AND the message sent from their fans is....'why the hell did we bring this guy back'...Of course there's the ostrich's who are totally on board with the reacquiring ....and that speaks loads about the mentality in saskabush

I actually don't think he would be a bad depth signing if their oline was good but they aren't.