Bombers recruiting Derel Walker

Mike

3rd.Down says Burnham and Walker would be the best duo in the league IF leo's signed him....What ??no luv for Adams and Walker...The spin masters are at it but it's not taking away from the fact, I believe we're the front runners...Has to end soon

AND as far as fa' goes and it's ranking...I think the glaring move was made by the the guys in saskabush when they had to beg back a third rate O line guy by the name of Jill St. John...Riders are BLOWING  big time 

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

3rd.Down says Burnham and Walker would be the best duo in the league IF leo's signed him....What ??no luv for Adams and Walker...The spin masters are at it but it's not taking away from the fact, I believe we're the front runners...Has to end soon

AND as far as fa' goes and it's ranking...I think the glaring move was made by the the guys in saskabush when they had to beg back a third rate O line guy by the name of Jill St. John...Riders are BLOWING  big time 

Burnham is a great receiver, it’s hard to argue with that judgement. 

The Riders definitely blow though.

Edited by Blueandgold

18 hours ago, stevethe3rd said:

I don't think so. His original rankings that you guys got so upset about he literally said it was because the bombers had so many free agents. But since then they have re-signed Bryant,Hardwick,Jefferson,Collaros, and many others. I don't remember exactly but I think his most recent rankings have it 

Ti-Cats

Riders

Bombers 

Which I think is reasonable. If you ask most CFL fans I think they would say they are probably the top 3 teams in the CFL right now. Being ranked 3rd vs 2nd is not something to get too worked up over. Just like I wouldn't expect Bob Irving to rank the Riders over the Bombers. When the teams are this close the teams play by play dudes are almost always going to rank them ahead of their arch rival. 

Free Agents? We had the least number of pending FA's in the league.

13 hours ago, J5V said:

Drunken-Rider-Fan.jpg

this is such a great photo.

couple years ago I was at the BC away game where we pissed away a big lead and Medlock tried a 61-yard field goal to win it with time and downs remaining.  My wife and I were sitting right behind the Bomber bench and in front of some nice Vancouver office ladies who were pretty tanked up and who were really really into John Rush and his magnificent hair.  I had to tell them his name because his hair covered his nameplate.

When Medlock's field goal didn't even make it to the endzone I was pretty visibly crushed and one of them leaned over to my wife and whispered "I'm sorry."  Total Canadian moment. 

Edited by johnzo

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

YOu have to think the Rider's get the biggest failing grade in free agency so far this year...sure they re-upped a bunch of their guys, but those guys didn't get it done for them, and Gainey, Soli, Henry, Clarke, aren't world beaters by any means, and all aging...Same with replacing Moncreif with an old Otha Foster who wasn't even playing last year. There were much better options out there..and likely cheaper..SAME WITH marshall and purifoy..decent guys but propensity for undisciplined play and nowhere they type of guys you want as a locker room leader

They also lost several key ST Canadians, havn't addressed the shallow O-line and with not many picks in this years draft will be hard pressed to fill the cupboard...Maybe they sitting on cash hoping to get some value signings of guys right ow feeling the SMS pinch but I doubt it...for some odd reason the management is truly happy with their roster...good teams don't just sit idle and not try to improve 

40 minutes ago, Jaxon said:

If Walker signs in BC, do we go with what we have, or do we go after Rhymes?

I'm okay with all three scenarios but my preference is to sign Walker. With our O-line, a QB like Collaros, a back like Harris, and receivers like Adams and Walker, I believe we'd have, by far, the best offense in the CFL to go along with the best defense and what Winnipeg football fan wouldn't want that?

56 minutes ago, Jaxon said:

If Walker signs in BC, do we go with what we have, or do we go after Rhymes?

I don’t think so, with Adams and lawler, plus one of Bailey/Whitehead/rookie they will be fine if they don’t land the big ticket wr. Would expect them to use that money on nfl cuts.

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Hey Jill St John in her prime was pretty fire.

30 minutes ago, Booch said:

YOu have to think the Rider's get the biggest failing grade in free agency so far this year...sure they re-upped a bunch of their guys, but those guys didn't get it done for them, and Gainey, Soli, Henry, Clarke, aren't world beaters by any means, and all aging...Same with replacing Moncreif with an old Otha Foster who wasn't even playing last year. There were much better options out there..and likely cheaper..SAME WITH marshall and purifoy..decent guys but propensity for undisciplined play and nowhere they type of guys you want as a locker room leader

They also lost several key ST Canadians, havn't addressed the shallow O-line and with not many picks in this years draft will be hard pressed to fill the cupboard...Maybe they sitting on cash hoping to get some value signings of guys right ow feeling the SMS pinch but I doubt it...for some odd reason the management is truly happy with their roster...good teams don't just sit idle and not try to improve 

According to Rider fans. O'day will restock the Canadian depth via the draft this year. A quick look at the draft has them drafting 7,30,35,44,53,62 and 71. 

With only a handful of OL in the top of the draft they may not even get a chance to draft an OL or at least a decent one. 

Yes it's only Feb and things can change but looking pretty bleak at the moment. 

15 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Heh heh.....sorry I had to throw my ol heart throb in there...especially with riders as part of the conversation...Yeah Jill in her prime was a looker

You have to be this old (hands far apart) to get on this ride.

4 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

According to Rider fans. O'day will restock the Canadian depth via the draft this year. A quick look at the draft has them drafting 7,30,35,44,53,62 and 71. 

With only a handful of OL in the top of the draft they may not even get a chance to draft an OL or at least a decent one. 

Yes it's only Feb and things can change but looking pretty bleak at the moment. 

Yeah that was part of my point...not a good draft year for them..oh well...lol