Bombers recruiting Derel Walker

Mike

5 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

You're right, I find the comments section there really confrontational and rude. That said, have to agree that I don't think Streveler would appreciate the Cardinals GM calling him a CFL legend. I love Streveler, but, the jury is out as to whether he will or would have become an above average CFL starter, never mind NFL. Plus, I'm getting my back up because that type of comment I feel disrespects the CFL. BLM - call him a legend. Streveler - a great athlete, competitor that we're excited about - there's your quote Mr. GM! 

I think the Cardinal GM calling him a legend makes it highly unlikely that we'll be seeing him back in the CFL this year... league politics probably means that declaration gives him at least a full year with the Cards.

18 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

You're right, I find the comments section there really confrontational and rude. That said, have to agree that I don't think Streveler would appreciate the Cardinals GM calling him a CFL legend. I love Streveler, but, the jury is out as to whether he will or would have become an above average CFL starter, never mind NFL. Plus, I'm getting my back up because that type of comment I feel disrespects the CFL. BLM - call him a legend. Streveler - a great athlete, competitor that we're excited about - there's your quote Mr. GM! 

He is referring to the Grey Cup after party not the season...

34 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

I agree Rose might be back. Sayles will be in tough in Minnesota. They're definitely drafting a CB, and perhaps signing an NFL free agent DB. Kongbo - I'd say for sure he makes the practice roster - low risk, high potential reward type player. 

Streveler - a "legend" according to the GM of the Cardinals. Warren Moon, Doug Flutie, Anthony Calvillo, Damon Allen, Tracy Ham, Dieter Brock, ... and Streveler? I think this guy needs a little CFL primer. 

https://3downnation.com/2020/02/16/arizona-cardinals-gm-steve-keim-quarterback-chris-streveler-is-a-legend-in-the-cfl/

Remember the audience Keim is speaking to knows virtually nothing about Strev's CFL career, so while boosting him up to make him look good, he's also hedging his bets by saying "he’s gotta make the team first".

57 minutes ago, do or die said:

7 pages and no signing.   Walters sliding downhill already....

He's waiting to spring the big one.......AND IF he can swing it, that would be the 2 top fa's....Willie and Walker...can't do much better than that......../oh wait a minute the riders have claimed top spot in free agency...what am I thinking

2 hours ago, do or die said:

7 pages and no signing.   Walters sliding downhill already....

I told my self i wouldnt let my self expect us to sign a guy like walker, or get excited for it happening. But every day i check the ticker on my phone to see if we signed him, and the first thing i check on here is this thread hoping for an update. Failed soo hard here. 

Walker is 100% worth the money he wants, but he has waited too long and the money is gone. If I was him Id go some place and get a heavily incentive laden deal. 

6 hours ago, Nolby said:

After signing Awe,do we even have the money now for Walker? Might be worth it keeping whatever money is left,finding a couple reviewers through training camp unless someone decent comes up for cheap.

I would be very surprised if Awe took up any more than an average roster spot salary.

55 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

You can say the upright was unlucky, but the amount of luck the Riders needed on that same drive for it to not be over earlier was insane.

Exactly! Funny they rarely mention how lucky they got when Sayles missed that pick and the ball bounced perfectly into the WRs arms. Guess that was a part of their master game plan! Lmao

21 minutes ago, Blue and Gold87 said:

Exactly! Funny they rarely mention how lucky they got when Sayles missed that pick and the ball bounced perfectly into the WRs arms. Guess that was a part of their master game plan! Lmao

I've watched the game highlts probably 10 times in the past 10 days. There were 3 dbs covering the receiver so there were no guarantees he would've even touched the ball.

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

I've watched the game highlts probably 10 times in the past 10 days. There were 3 dbs covering the receiver so there were no guarantees he would've even touched the ball.

Thank you! That receiver was NOT open. Would have been picked or knocked down if the post hadn't already knocked it down. But hey, whatever helps Rider fans sleep at night.

10 hours ago, Nolby said:

I agree. Upright or not that play was not going to be successful imo. Our DB had cut under that route.