Bombers recruiting Derel Walker

Mike

2 minutes ago, Nolby said:

After signing Awe,do we even have the money now for Walker? Might be worth it keeping whatever money is left,finding a couple reviewers through training camp unless someone decent comes up for cheap.

well if we in on Walker obviously Walter's has cap room, or a ways to manage it...if anything it may just be a matter of whats left to possible re-sign a guy back from NFL, or amount left in kitty to re-up guys at end of year, possibly Walter's this year is gonna not keep as much held back...and I'm fine with that for a year

6 minutes ago, Nolby said:

After signing Awe,do we even have the money now for Walker? Might be worth it keeping whatever money is left,finding a couple reviewers through training camp unless someone decent comes up for cheap.

Considering Larry Dean could only get 110k I am sure Awe will be under that.

yeah I would bet Awe is around the 100k price...maybe Dean money..it's later in free agency now, so a lot of money is gone..so you take what you can get

Same with Walker...look for him to sign for under 200k this year on a 2 yr deal but a significant bump for 2021...and depending on where we spend for 2020 if money left see him re-upped/restructered at end of this year and some 2021 money moved forward into his 2020 salary

1 minute ago, Booch said:

yeah I would bet Awe is around the 100k price...maybe Dean money..it's later in free agency now, so a lot of money is gone..so you take what you can get

Same with Walker...look for him to sign for under 200k this year on a 2 yr deal but a significant bump for 2021...and depending on where we spend for 2020 if money left see him re-upped/restructered at end of this year and some 2021 money moved forward into his 2020 salary

Are you expecting Walker to sign here? Or, is that "if" he signs here? 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think he’s league minimum or maybe 5k above

I think that Arceneaux is past his prime.   A few years ago he was a top level receiver, but I think that is well behind him.   Didn't do much last year in Sask.

Roosevelt is more interesting, but would have to be very cap friendly to be of interest.   Arceneaux and Roosevelt are similar in age, but Roosevelt put up much better numbers last year and played all 18 regular season games, finishing just under 1000 yds, (he went over 1000 yds if you include the playoff game against us where he caught another 7 passes.)

I'm quite happy with the receivers that we have signed now.    If they want to add one more proven performer, clearly Walker is the best one available, but he would have to adjust his price, because I don't see us turning the salary scale upside down to get him.  I'd also look at Rhymes on the same basis.

I think it prudent to keep some cash in the kitty in case one of our NFL bound players becomes available later in the season. 

Just now, Jaxon said:

I think that Arceneaux is past his prime.   A few years ago he was a top level receiver, but I think that is well behind him.   Didn't do much last year in Sask.

Roosevelt is more interesting, but would have to be very cap friendly to be of interest.   Arceneaux and Roosevelt are similar in age, but Roosevelt put up much better numbers last year and played all 18 regular season games, finishing just under 1000 yds, (he went over 1000 yds if you include the playoff game against us where he caught another 7 passes.)

I'm quite happy with the receivers that we have signed now.    If they want to add one more proven performer, clearly Walker is the best one available, but he would have to adjust his price, because I don't see us turning the salary scale upside down to get him.  I'd also look at Rhymes on the same basis.

I think it prudent to keep some cash in the kitty in case one of our NFL bound players becomes available later in the season. 

Manny hasn't done anything since Loffler rocked his world actually...he seemed like a totally different receiver after that

1 minute ago, Jaxon said:

Some money held back is a certainty, but not as much as usual me thinks..and of all guys who left the only one who I think might shake free is Rose...Strev will get at least this year to show if he can duplicate what he did here down there...Sayles at the least will be a ST stud in Minny...and I can't see Kongbo making the 49'ers 54, but if he doesn't stick on their PR for a year I can see another less deep team picking him up to try to stick, or be PR'ed

25 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Roosevelt? Arceneaux? WTF is the point. From Walker to 2 dudes who combined dont play 18 games a season? Yea i dont see Kyle and Crew going after injury prone old dudes. 

Roosevelt played more games then Darvin last season and was more productive.    I only tossed Arceneaux's name mainly for fun.  

Personally I still rather go with Rhymes...

Just now, Booch said:

Some money held back is a certainty, but not as much as usual me thinks..and of all guys who left the only one who I think might shake free is Rose...Strev will get at least this year to show if he can duplicate what he did here down there...Sayles at the least will be a ST stud in Minny...and I can't see Kongbo making the 49'ers 54, but if he doesn't stick on their PR for a year I can see another less deep team picking him up to try to stick, or be PR'ed

Niners are going to be up against the cap really soon, so developing a player like Kongbo to line up behind Ford and Bosa makes a lot of sense. If he plays well enough, he could even replace Ford and his $16M+/year salary. 

Just now, JCon said:

Niners are going to be up against the cap really soon, so developing a player like Kongbo to line up behind Ford and Bosa makes a lot of sense. If he plays well enough, he could even replace Ford and his $16M+/year salary. 

true..but lot's of time before camp down there starts so many moves could be made...good as he was getting up here, I don't think he is anywhere close to being ready for prime time down there, 

Just now, Booch said:

true..but lot's of time before camp down there starts so many moves could be made...good as he was getting up here, I don't think he is anywhere close to being ready for prime time down there, 

But if he can survive a couple of years and be ready when injuries happen, he could roster spot before his PR time is up. 

He's not going to be a Dee Ford but he could be a cheaper replacement when decisions are being made. 

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

I agree Rose might be back. Sayles will be in tough in Minnesota. They're definitely drafting a CB, and perhaps signing an NFL free agent DB. Kongbo - I'd say for sure he makes the practice roster - low risk, high potential reward type player. 

Streveler - a "legend" according to the GM of the Cardinals. Warren Moon, Doug Flutie, Anthony Calvillo, Damon Allen, Tracy Ham, Dieter Brock, ... and Streveler? I think this guy needs a little CFL primer. 

https://3downnation.com/2020/02/16/arizona-cardinals-gm-steve-keim-quarterback-chris-streveler-is-a-legend-in-the-cfl/

5 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

The comments on 3downnation are toxic. What a cesspool.

You're right, I find the comments section there really confrontational and rude. That said, have to agree that I don't think Streveler would appreciate the Cardinals GM calling him a CFL legend. I love Streveler, but, the jury is out as to whether he will or would have become an above average CFL starter, never mind NFL. Plus, I'm getting my back up because that type of comment I feel disrespects the CFL. BLM - call him a legend. Streveler - a great athlete, competitor that we're excited about - there's your quote Mr. GM! 

11 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

The comments on 3downnation are toxic. What a cesspool.

Yup. Theres a few guys, like that POS Carson Effa and that perkins clown who take every chance they get to s**t talk Winnipeg and the Bombers. I got into it real good with him on cfl.ca a while back about the Jefferson signing. It got real personal lol.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti