Bombers recruiting Derel Walker

Mike

19 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Sure, he's a dynamic player, but can Walker block?

That kind of remark reminds me of a very old commercial from the 1960's that I remember as a kid. Microwaves were just coming out back then in the middle of the decade & a sales person was showing a group of people in a department store how microwaves can speed up cooking time. After the demonstration, everyone was so impressed by how fast it cooked.  The salesman started taking orders from the audience until one guy yelled out, "But can it brown???' Apparently, this microwave in the commercial could. Most microwaves couldn't. 

Walker will get paid whether he blocks or not just like microwaves kept on selling even if they couldn't brown.

15 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Roosevelt hasn't been a 1000 yard receiver since 2017. If we don't land Walker, I'd rather add Smith and Edwards, who are younger or just go with some of the newcomers that we have signed.

Roosevelt has had the misfortune to have some genuinely bad quarterbacks but if he can come close to his previous (2017) form, he is worth a look. But I would rather have Rhymes who did well with even worse quarterbacks.

4 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Roosevelt hasn't been a 1000 yard receiver since 2017. If we don't land Walker, I'd rather add Smith and Edwards, who are younger or just go with some of the newcomers that we have signed.

Lol he had 946 yards last season.   Our leading receiver last season was Lawler with 637 and Adams with 549.