Bombers recruiting Derel Walker

Mike

59 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I like that when we actually go hard in free agency, it's usually for the very best. 

Pay the guys that routinely impact a game. 

This is absolutely a strength of this regime.  There's been a few big whiffs, mostly in the early days out of sheer desperation, but otherwise they've been real intelligent in how they navigate free agency to land the few impact players and not get caught up with guys that are average-good.  They get elite guys and they get good value guys.

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

There are multitude reasons for him to sign here..chance to win..chance at playoff scratch..a proven and well known atmosphere and locker room..quality and no question marks about organization across the board..

Walker..Lawler..Adam's.. Woli..Demski...Andrew..that friggin O-line...good god...

Sprinkle in sets with Lucky/Grant...damn..and just imagine the space Andrew is gonna have to work with cause u are always gonna have 2 guys focusing on where Walker is headed..and you cant sleep on Lawler or Adam's either..Woli and Demski will have a field day in the slot

You didn't even mention Bailey! I love  Petermann as well.

Edited by Geebrr

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

You didn't even mention Bailey! I love  Petermann as well.

Yeah..all that with a quality backup..I sure hope we can use Antigha as dual DI..with possibility of him going to safety if a db goes down and we move alexander into the injury spot..then possibly be able to use 2 DI spots for Grant and one of Bailey..Whitehead..or whoever impressed.. I would even alter them game by game so both stat involved and come playoffs the one who produced best..plays

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah..all that with a quality backup..I sure hope we can use Antigha as dual DI..with possibility of him going to safety if a db goes down and we move alexander into the injury spot..then possibly be able to use 2 DI spots for Grant and one of Bailey..Whitehead..or whoever impressed.. I would even alter them game by game so both stat involved and come playoffs the one who produced best..plays

Seems like a bit of a waste...  there will only be on DI spot on offence - we need two on D for DL and DB

Still really unclear if Hansen needs to be declared as a DI

Hansen is a global..so doesn't use up a DI spot..

And we still have Hallet and Exume who can work and progress for reps like Jones did..

Antihga is very versatile as he can play off edge..as will..or safety..and being a former reciever and having g 4.5 speed in 40 would not be outmatched on boundary corner...so he is the perfect piece to be able to DI 2 guys for offence

Just now, Floyd said:

Seems like a bit of a waste...  there will only be on DI spot on offence - we need two on D for DL and DB

Still really unclear if Hansen needs to be declared as a DI

Definitely doesn't need to be declared as a DI there's specific roster spots for G's, globals.  The question is whether he can effectively "start" on the depth chart as one of the 7 required Nationals or if he'd have take the place of an International starter in that scenario.   As of last season Hansen was able to sub in for anyone.  I don't believe they even considered a global player starting last season.

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Doesn't Hansen take up two spots....played like that when he took out two Hammie players with one blow???lol

I heard that those two are still checking themselves in the mirror... making sure that they did not switched faces. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

Real nice to be talking about signing a FA receiver who's at his peak instead of one who is past it.

Nichols is looking at a thinner receiving corps in Toronto than he had even at the worst in Winnipeg -- of their 2020 starters Edwards and Smith are unsigned and Green, Walker and Ralph are gone, with just Daniels and injury-prone Brescascin incoming.  Maybe Green returns after XFL?

1 hour ago, JCon said:

We chased Walker last year. He chose to go elsewhere. 

I would love to have Walker here and he would be the best receiver (most accomplished) that we have; however, I'm still happy with the group we have. Underrated, IMO. 

It is fun to see our name attached to him. I am not willing to get my hopes up yet.

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I know that this is just a rumour but I am positively giddy about the outrage I anticipate will spew out of Regina if this comes to pass.

You know it's going to go along the lines of......they've got no money and screwed themselves,no quarterback to throw to him,hes gone after 1 year blah blah blah