Game 59 : Sharks

Reminds me of Jets 1.0 - blow the games against weaker teams that would let them get a leg back in the race...

Kulikov doesn't know how to play hockey and makes $4.5 million a season

Kane kicks the crap out of Pionk all game and we have no answer - team is too small now... 

Scheif needs to pick up his game - he's pretty weak in front of the net

17 hours ago, JCon said:

Difference between the Jets and the Sharks? The Sharks are doing a better job of missing the playoffs. They're going to have a top 3 pick and the Jets will be lucky if they get 12th. 

Yeah the Jets really need to fall out of this race to the middle, get the pick and focus on cleaning up their cap sheet/add assets to turn the team over to the younger core and hopefully open up the next contending window.  

I'm really fearful that Chevy is going to do something stupid at the deadline to try to shore up the roster for the present if the Jets are still kind of in the race.  He's said a couple times about "owing" it to the guys who signed here long-term.  I mean at some point they all have to realize they aren't competitive with the teams that are contenders.  Better off making moves to contend again than making moves to finish 8th in the conference and lose in 5-6 games.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

39 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah the Jets really need to fall out of this race to the middle, get the pick and focus on cleaning up their cap sheet/add assets to turn the team over to the younger core and hopefully open up the next contending window.  

I'm really fearful that Chevy is going to do something stupid at the deadline to try to shore up the roster for the present if the Jets are still kind of in the race.  He's said a couple times about "owing" it to the guys who signed here long-term.  I mean at some point they all have to realize they aren't competitive with the teams that are contenders.  Better off making moves to contend again than making moves to finish 8th in the conference and lose in 5-6 games.

There's one deal out there that makes sense - Alec Martinez for a 2nd and prospect (Frolik or Chibisov?)

Then let Maurice works his 'magic' as a coach to get us into the playoffs...

Aside from that I load up on expiring contracts from cap teams for picks and D prospects

10 minutes ago, Floyd said:

There's one deal out there that makes sense - Alec Martinez for a 2nd and prospect (Frolik or Chibisov?)

Then let Maurice works his 'magic' as a coach to get us into the playoffs...

Aside from that I load up on expiring contracts from cap teams for picks and D prospects

Meh, Martinez is just another Sbisa/Kulikov/Beaulieu.  That's exactly the kind of move I'm afraid of.  The Jets need to restock, not add another Kulikov type deal with similar output.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Meh, Martinez is just another Sbisa/Kulikov/Beaulieu.  That's exactly the kind of move I'm afraid of.  The Jets need to restock, not add another Kulikov type deal with similar output.

Martinez is better than Kulikov - but yeah Im not super excited about him... but thats the move I expect - I hope we don't do something stupid like trade a legit player for this year's run

There's some decent D in this draft but I think we need to be top 12 pick to get one - and we need to change the mentality that guys can't step straight into the league... its happening all over, Heinola would have been way better served playing with the Jets this year than in Finland

22 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Martinez is better than Kulikov - but yeah Im not super excited about him... but thats the move I expect - I hope we don't do something stupid like trade a legit player for this year's run

There's some decent D in this draft but I think we need to be top 12 pick to get one - and we need to change the mentality that guys can't step straight into the league... its happening all over, Heinola would have been way better served playing with the Jets this year than in Finland

Jets tenth in the lottery right now adjusted for points/game, probably could fall as low as 8th realistically.

Makes that 2nd round pick pretty valuable too...that's the 41st pick right now.