Game 59 : Sharks

23 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Sounds like he'll be on the ice tonight:

The 6pm start time makes no sense. Sucks for Sharks fan who'll see the puck drop at 4 pm in NorCal.

I think the start time has to do with the minimum amount of hours between games....  Sharks play in Minnesota tomorrow at 4:00, I believe.

Glad to see Bitetto is out of the lineup.

32 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The 6pm start time makes no sense. Sucks for Sharks fan who'll see the puck drop at 4 pm in NorCal.

I have to be downtown tonight. Usually, I fight with traffic and fight to find parking but, with the earlier game time, it should be nice a smooth. 

5 minutes ago, Mister_Kurtz said:

Why would they trade a top pairing d-man for an AHL'er?

Ristolainen is not a top pairing d-man in the NHL. He logs that time on a bad team but he's not that good. 

But I'm sure if there were a trade for Risto, which included Vesa, the Jets would need to sweeten the pot a lot more. 

3 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I like 4 pm start times, gives me an excuse to quit work an hour earlier than usual...also increases the CR drinking time...

14 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Looks like Niku is out too...

Morrissey-Pionk

Kulikov-Poolman

Beaulieu-Sbisa

Poolman is not (yet) a NHL caliber Defenseman. I thought the idea was to develop players in the AHL to potentially get them ready for the NHL, not get them ready for the NHL in the NHL. Captain obvious states we are so bare at this position. Throw Buff’s money at Dumba and be done with it. Or at least pick up ZB. 

49 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Poolman is not (yet) a NHL caliber Defenseman. I thought the idea was to develop players in the AHL to potentially get them ready for the NHL, not get them ready for the NHL in the NHL. Captain obvious states we are so bare at this position. Throw Buff’s money at Dumba and be done with it. Or at least pick up ZB. 

Ssssoo you're suggesting to let Poolman develop and ease him into the league once he's 28 ha?

When I said Bogo sucks but is better than our bottom 3... I included Kulikov in that - Morrissey, Pionk and Poolman are our top 3 beyond a doubt

30 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I can't even make sense of this post.

if Poolman isn't NHL calibre yet, he won't ever be. He'll be 27 this year, so he's likely hit his ceiling and will be a depth piece for this team's blue line. I don't know how a team could throw money at Dumba, who's under contract with the Wild through the 2022-23 season. If anything, the Jets will make a play for pending UFA Travis Hamonic, which seems like a no brainer for two reasons: he's from the area and the Jets could use a RH shot defenseman. Bogosian is probably not worth a look.

42 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Ssssoo you're suggesting to let Poolman develop and ease him into the league once he's 28 ha?

When I said Bogo sucks but is better than our bottom 3... I included Kulikov in that - Morrissey, Pionk and Poolman are our top 3 beyond a doubt

That where you and I disagree. If Poolman is in our top 3 we are in a heap of trouble. Regardless of his age, he’s doesn’t look ready for the NHL and may never be but none of us have a crystal ball to determine that. But of course just my opinion from a random guy on the internet who likes to talk hockey. I assume the coaches see a lot more in him than I do and know exactly what and how to use him. All my opinion is based on me watching him without the benefit of game tape and NHL level expertise like 99.9 percent of us here.

50 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I can't even make sense of this post.

if Poolman isn't NHL calibre yet, he won't ever be. He'll be 27 this year, so he's likely hit his ceiling and will be a depth piece for this team's blue line. I don't know how a team could throw money at Dumba, who's under contract with the Wild through the 2022-23 season. If anything, the Jets will make a play for pending UFA Travis Hamonic, which seems like a no brainer for two reasons: he's from the area and the Jets could use a RH shot defenseman. Bogosian is probably not worth a look.

Sorry I confused you. Imo Poolman sucks regardless of his age and if that’s the best we got for the third best D on our team yikes. I was being a bit tongue in cheek with Dumba more of a pie in the sky wish because he would instantly and greatly improve this team. Yes TH is more of a realistic move that could help somewhat. At the end if the day I miss our D core that we had before all these recent changes.

20 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

That where you and I disagree. If Poolman is in our top 3 we are in a heap of trouble. Regardless of his age, he’s doesn’t look ready for the NHL and may never be but none of us have a crystal ball to determine that. But of course just my opinion from a random guy on the internet who likes to talk hockey. I assume the coaches see a lot more in him than I do and know exactly what and how to use him. All my opinion is based on me watching him without the benefit of game tape and NHL level expertise like 99.9 percent of us here.

So on the one hand you say Poolman sucks but then you say the coaches know more than you and Poolman is in our top three...?

Holy. Let me try this. I disagree with the sentiment of Poolman being slotted in as a top 3 d based on watching him on the ice, he doesn’t show well to me but assume/hope they know what they are doing with him, maybe we have no other alternatives knowing he’s not a top 3 D but we got no one else at this time, maybe I’m missing something with what he is bringing to the table I’m not seeing. I can do both, it’s called having an open mind but still having an opinion that can change when more information/evidence is presented.