2020 Free Agent Tracker

Rich

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

You'd think maybe walker would lower his price and take a look at say Winnipeg. The potential this team still has going in to this season and coming off a grey cup must be wortht of a bit of a pay cut.

If I was Ottawa I’d pay him 280 for one year so Arbuckle has someone to throw to

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

If I was Ottawa I’d pay him 280 for one year so Arbuckle has someone to throw to

LOL! Darrell Walker playing in a Lapo schemed offense. Now that's funny!

I'm with Nolby on this one. Walker may like the idea of playing with Zach and a team of defending Grey Cup champions with an exciting new offensive coordinator. It'd be a real nice fit for him and Walters is creative enough financially to put together a package they could both live with. I'd be over the moon to see Walker in blue and gold.

44 minutes ago, J5V said:

LOL! Darrell Walker playing in a Lapo schemed offense. Now that's funny!

I'm with Nolby on this one. Walker may like the idea of playing with Zach and a team of defending Grey Cup champions with an exciting new offensive coordinator. It'd be a real nice fit for him and Walters is creative enough financially to put together a package they could both live with. I'd be over the moon to see Walker in blue and gold.

Adams was always a deep threat in Lapo’s offence and in case you didn’t notice Coombs is not Harris ha

also if you think Buck is going to be wildly different than Lapo you’re prob in for a surprise

8 hours ago, Floyd said:

Adams was always a deep threat in Lapo’s offence and in case you didn’t notice Coombs is not Harris ha

also if you think Buck is going to be wildly different than Lapo you’re prob in for a surprise

Agreed on Adams and Coombs (Ha!) I'm just imagining how potent our offense would be with Walker to stretch the field vertically and Zach's ability to connect with his receivers deep down field.

We'll see about Buck, especially if he's got deep threats besides Adams. Adams/Walker would be one hell of a one-two punch.

1 minute ago, J5V said:

Agreed on Adams and Coombs (Ha!) I'm just imagining how potent our offense would be with Walker to stretch the field vertically and Zach's ability to connect with his receivers deep down field.

We'll see about Buck, especially if he's got deep threats besides Adams. Adams/Walker would be one hell of a one-two punch.

you can stretch a field vertically with any receiver tho...and we didn't do a lot of it. If a guy is continually going deep...posts..cornered..flies and you show that you will throw to him...teams need to respect that and keep a guy on him, and if a guy is a real burner, 9 times outta 10 your gonna cheat your safety over that way, at mid level to be there for over top help.

With a guy like Whitehead, why we were not using him...or Grant like that is baffling and don't wanna hear an excuse like "yeah but they aren't good route runners" or something along those lines...you don't have to be, and with speed like Lucky and ability to make moves in and out of routes, and stop and go and get to top speed in a stride or two, he'd be a real pain in a teams arse..and frankly, he runs routes just fine and you have to give him a cushion anyway, or else you will be toast more often than not

To think that Buck is just going to dust off LaPo's playbook is as unlikely as saying the new one won't have some things kept the same.

I am sure most playbooks are similar, there are only so many routes.LaPo was creative with deception in the run game.

The playcalling is the difference for the most part.

Edited by Geebrr

56 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

In terms of deep threats. I believe Demski caught the most deep balls last year. This team has them already. Walker would be a great addition. But it's not like Adams is the only guy that can get it done.

Lawler and Kenny Walker are both fast. Whitehead, as Booch mentioned.

I am really looking forward to Ardarius Stewart so I'm sure he will let me down.

Edited by Geebrr

42 minutes ago, Booch said:

and with speed like Lucky and ability to make moves in and out of routes, and stop and go and get to top speed in a stride or two,

What was amazing was first seeing Whitehead and his ability to change directions instantly at pretty close to full speed. You don’t see that kind of ability too often. 
And even more amazing was the non-use of such speed and agility. Hitting Whitehead on short passes, at a standstill, was perplexing. There was not enough plays that showed the speed and prowess.

If a player has certain abilities...use them to your advantage!

Collaros throws a nice ball....BUT IF Walker doesn't return to reality of the CFL sms, I'm afraid we won't be going down his road....However he could come to his senses....sees that Wpg. has a heckuva lot better shot at big postseason money and wants to come here....Having the best receiver in the league would really put this club over the top and Darvin and Walker would give the rest of the league fits...

Edited by Stickem

9 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Walker might need to eat some humble pie. He's good but not 280K good. Cant keep trying to cash in on 1 great year in Edmonton where Reilly hucked it up for grabs 40+ times a game. Lots of other impact receivers out there making a lot less.

One great year? Only playing Reilly?

He has been a 1000 yard player, or on pace for it, every year. 

He was a 1000 yard receiver in TO last year despite them basically ignoring him for a quarter of the season and having bad QBs 

16 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Walker might need to eat some humble pie. He's good but not 280K good. Cant keep trying to cash in on 1 great year in Edmonton where Reilly hucked it up for grabs 40+ times a game. Lots of other impact receivers out there making a lot less.

He might be. But (like Mike said) the problem is, no one seems to have that amount left to spend on one american player.

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

One great year? Only playing Reilly?

He has been a 1000 yard player, or on pace for it, every year. 

He was a 1000 yard receiver in TO last year despite them basically ignoring him for a quarter of the season and having bad QBs 

I said 1 GREAT year. Yes he's had other good ones, but so have dozens of other receivers making way less. Nothing in this recent body of work screams GIVE THAT MAN 280K!

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

I said 1 GREAT year. Yes he's had other good ones, but so have dozens of other receivers making way less. Nothing in this recent body of work screams GIVE THAT MAN 280K!

I think Walker is the best WR in the league. I think he deserves to be paid as the top WR or among the top. He's only 28. I don't think he's worth $280k this year because others have not received close to that. I think he'll find that teams won't fit him in at that price and will settle for $240k-$250k. 

7 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

All of his years have been good 

If TJ Jones is getting 200k why wouldn't Walker ask for 280k?

He has accomplished far more in this league. 

11 minutes ago, JCon said:

I think Walker is the best WR in the league. I think he deserves to be paid as the top WR or among the top. He's only 28. I don't think he's worth $280k this year because others have not received close to that. I think he'll find that teams won't fit him in at that price and will settle for $240k-$250k. 

He's one of the best no doubt. So are guys like Banks and Burnham. My point is he's probably not going to get what he's looking for. Lots of guys putting up similar stats that are making 100K less than what he wants.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

6 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

All of his years have been good 

If TJ Jones is getting 200k why wouldn't Walker ask for 280k?

He has accomplished far more in this league. 

Proving the Argos are idiots doesn't mean anything and he was looking for 280K before TJ Jones signed.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

13 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Proving the Argos are idiots doesn't mean anything and he was looking for 280K before TJ Jones signed.

It sets the market, so yeah it definitely comes into play when you are probably talking about the best WR in the league 

What is his rush to sign? None. If he can get 230k now then someone will find a way to give it to him in May. 

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

It sets the market, so yeah it definitely comes into play when you are probably talking about the best WR in the league 

What is his rush to sign? None. If he can get 230k now then someone will find a way to give it to him in May. 

He can play the waiting game but the more time that passes, the more cap space gets eaten up by other player signings. Im sure he's had a few lower offers already, he may just be mulling his options.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

In terms of deep threats. I believe Demski caught the most deep balls last year. This team has them already. Walker would be a great addition. But it's not like Adams is the only guy that can get it done.

I think you are right.

The disdain here for Adams is silly. Look at some of the catches he made in the last few games. stretched out tip toe sideline endzone touchdown for one. Same for the other guys they have. We saw the speed Demski has when he just ran away from defenders for a touchdown, don't remember which game, playoff run.

I saw Nelson show great ability to stop, start, change direction on a few plays last season.

Grass is greener I guess, but the Bombers don't need a new receiver. The ones they have are more than good enough.

Edited by Mark F