2020 Free Agent Tracker

Rich

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

I saw that it's official. Nevis to the Argos.... :( was really hoping they'd reconsider and bring him back. I think he will be greatly missed this year. Could really change how our D operates. Him and Bryant are the two guys that I think of when I think of the start of the turn around for this Franchise.

But we don't have enough Nationals to rotate like we did. Have to make tough decisions somewhere. 

On 2020-02-11 at 2:01 PM, Floyd said:

Since when is Derel Walker not a difference maker...  as soon as Chapdelaine came to his senses Walker was dominant again

Walker is a great receiver, I'm not trying to slag him.   My point is that I don't think that he's miles ahead of other great receivers in the league.    Daniels, Posey, Walker are all very good, but I don't think teams are willing to bust their cap for one of them, when another might be more budget friendly.    I'm quite happy with Adams, Lawler, Woli, Demski, Bailey, Petermann  if it means we have the dollars to spend on strength up and down the roster  (QB, O-line, D-line etc)   Toronto didn't win a ton of games because they had Walker on the roster.  One receiver isn't worth blowing the budget over.

5 minutes ago, Jaxon said:

Walker is a great receiver, I'm not trying to slag him.   My point is that I don't think that he's miles ahead of other great receivers in the league.    Daniels, Posey, Walker are all very good, but I don't think teams are willing to bust their cap for one of them, when another might be more budget friendly.    I'm quite happy with Adams, Lawler, Woli, Demski, Bailey, Petermann  if it means we have the dollars to spend on strength up and down the roster  (QB, O-line, D-line etc)   Toronto didn't win a ton of games because they had Walker on the roster.  One receiver isn't worth blowing the budget over.

Unless he wears #85 and runs like the wind. GOAT

9 minutes ago, Jaxon said:

Toronto didn't win a ton of games because they had Walker on the roster.  One receiver isn't worth blowing the budget over.

Overpaying receivers really scares me. Signing free agent receivers scares me - past trauma from Bowman and Matthews. I think to balance the cap you really need your scouts to find lower priced American WR's to fill a good portion of your roster. There are so many decent WR NFL cuts. Bombers haven't been great at that, but, I'd rather spend on the positions that make a bigger impact on winning, especially in the playoffs - Oline, Dline, QB. As you said, having arguably the best receiver in the CFL didn't really move the needle much for the Argos last year. 

2 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I'd love for us to sign Walker. He'd immediately be our #1 receiver and it would make Adams a very good #2. That being said, I doubt we have the bucks left to get it done.

With a good set of Canadians and either Lawler or bailey that looks like a pretty good wr core though

It appears that our opponent in the Cup last year has made some significant moves in fa....Will it result in an improvement that will place them in better shape for a Cup run in 2020...remains to be seen...It does however look like they retained most of their players while adding some strength...especially at receiver...I think we should be adding an experienced, quality type or at least add some improvement to keep pace...Different thing if we just don't have the cash...That's another subject 

44 minutes ago, Jaxon said:

Chapdelaine completely mis-cast Walker for the first half of the season and he still hit 1000 yards...

I'm sorry but Derel Walker is a step above Posey and Daniels and transforms any receiving core.  He's the WJ of receivers for sure.

29 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I'm glad.

You are mighty sensitive. 

Walker has put up basically 1000 yard/season since he stepped into the league.

Comparing that to a guy who has been on 4 teams in 2 years is crazy.

Not denigrating Walker. Never compared the two.

6 minutes ago, Stickem said:

It appears that our opponent in the Cup last year has made some significant moves in fa....Will it result in an improvement that will place them in better shape for a Cup run in 2020...remains to be seen...It does however look like they retained most of their players while adding some strength...especially at receiver...I think we should be adding an experienced, quality type or at least add some improvement to keep pace...Different thing if we just don't have the cash...That's another subject 

I think Posey is a step dowm from Addison actuaslly...and they most likely have lost Tasker...I see it as a step down on offence...losing their left tackle too can't be beneficial to the offence...And we all saw what Banks is made of in a big game

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

I'm actually more concerned with Calgary's moves... Dozier, McGough and Leonard are great additions - plus Prukop will now become the next star FA in 2022 ha

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I'm actually more concerned with Calgary's moves... Dozier, McGough and Leonard are great additions - plus Prukop will now become the next star FA in 2022 ha

YOu're not worried about the team with no holes in their roster...as per it's G.M and H.C????