2020 Thread

ALuCsRED

On 2020-11-05 at 9:37 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Glenn really took a lot from fans wherever he went. 

Its kind of strange the split the fan base had on loving/hating glenn vs nichols. But in the end I think with glenn people expected the team to win a lot and with nichols it was a constant wave of elation at the end of a dark era for bomber fans. 

On 2020-11-14 at 2:34 PM, Mr Dee said:

What a year for this guy!

I wonder how badly he man handled that league...

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

This is going to be nuts...

So quick poll question for the masses. Should the CFL allow for a window where individual teams get an exclusive chance to re-sign players that were on their club roster and that they let go when the pandemic shut down the year before they can be scooped by any other team, or should they all be treated as pure free agents free to sign with any team they want right from the get go?

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

random discussion point: 

Just off the top of my head, there are better QBs than Damon Allen and Danny McManus currently playing

Flutie is about the only he could make a case about.  Collaros and Mitchell are as good or better than Dunigan, Dickenson and Garcia weren't on the scene yet.

(Garcia played a couple of games at the end of 1994)

Flutie better than anybody then and now.

Dunigan was better than anybody now. Collaros is no where near as good.

Garcia, I'd argue was better than anybody now.

Agree on Allen, McMannus and I'll add Austin.

Ham was very good but feel like Reiley and Mitchell are on the same level.

Archer was good and maybe a little underrated but again MR and Mitchell ahead of him imo.

Fajardo, Nichols, Davis, Jennings all behind Flutie, Dunigan, Garcia, Ham, McMannus, Archer, Austin.

38 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Flutie better than anybody then and now.

Dunigan was better than anybody now. Collaros is no where near as good.

Garcia, I'd argue was better than anybody now.

Agree on Allen, McMannus and I'll add Austin.

Ham was very good but feel like Reiley and Mitchell are on the same level.

Archer was good and maybe a little underrated but again MR and Mitchell ahead of him imo.

Fajardo, Nichols, Davis, Jennings all behind Flutie, Dunigan, Garcia, Ham, McMannus, Archer, Austin.

If we’re talking 93 - 94, Garcia did not have significant playing time. 

I'm a big believer that each generation is better than the one previous. Better health, better training... They just know so much more about how to do things now. Smarter about how to play the position. 

I agree that Flutie was ridiculous, but Kelly's statement reeks of an old man who thinks everything was better during his time. 

4 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Just off the top of my head, there are better QBs than Damon Allen and Danny McManus currently playing

Flutie is about the only he could make a case about.  Collaros and Mitchell are as good or better than Dunigan, Dickenson and Garcia weren't on the scene yet.

(Garcia played a couple of games at the end of 1994)

Dunigan is one of the all time Greats. He was better than Collaros & Mitchell. Although Mitchell could have played in any era. Same with Reilly.

Comparing apples to oranges....  the quality of players playing now compared to then is night and day better.   I'm sure McLeod Bethel-Thompson would tear up the league if their was a time machine and he could go back.   

Put almost any of the defenses of the league now against the offenses of 1994 and same thing....  Flutie and company wouldn't have nearly the same amount of success.