2020 Thread

ALuCsRED

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Whoa attempted murder....  nice to see the Riders employing quality people. 

1. He hasn’t played with the Riders since 2017, so not like this happened under their watch. 

2. Doesn’t sound good, but hey let’s just remind ourselves of the whole “innocent until proven guilty” thing

3. As a follow up to those 2 points, the Blue Bombers once employed Garry Sawatsky as an offensive lineman AFTER he was convicted of 2nd degree murder as a known gang member. Good on him for turning his life around after a stint in Stony Mountain, but maybe just tone down the sanctimonious Rider bashing a few dozen notches. 

11 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

1. He hasn’t played with the Riders since 2017, so not like this happened under their watch. 

2. Doesn’t sound good, but hey let’s just remind ourselves of the whole “innocent until proven guilty” thing

3. As a follow up to those 2 points, the Blue Bombers once employed Garry Sawatsky as an offensive lineman AFTER he was convicted of 2nd degree murder as a known gang member. Good on him for turning his life around after a stint in Stony Mountain, but maybe just tone down the sanctimonious Rider bashing a few dozen notches. 

Chris Jones player through and through though. I don't care how long ago he played for the Riders the stink of Jones thugs and criminals on the league is a black mark on the league as a whole. Let us pray that he never returns. 

17 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Chris Jones player through and through though. I don't care how long ago he played for the Riders the stink of Jones thugs and criminals on the league is a black mark on the league as a whole. Let us pray that he never returns. 

Did you just happen to ignore the comments about Sawatsky???

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

Chris Jones definitely stained the CFL.   In recent history they and Montreal really have not done well in making the CFL a respectable league (off field and management issues).  

Chris jones has a blight on the cfl, and his teams were a haven for the worst pro football has to offer. 

Every team has had its time employing un savory people on and off the field. But in the modern era no one has seemingly made it a point to recruit the most un savory team possible like chris jones. 

I love how the rider fans try to take the moral high ground now too its soo rich. 

Chris Jones is the anti-MOS. Where MOS supposedly was on the watch, during TCs, for how players treated ladies and various office personnel (opening doors, etc), Chris Jones likely encouraged players to throw old ladies and children out of the way as they raced for exit doors....... or something to that effect. 

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

Chris Jones is the anti-MOS. Where MOS supposedly was on the watch, during TCs, for how players treated ladies and various office personnel (opening doors, etc), Chris Jones likely encouraged players to throw old ladies and children out of the way as they raced for exit doors....... or something to that effect. 

George Costanza Fire GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Eric the Clown would have no place on Jones' team. And Costanza would be MOP.

7 hours ago, CodyT said:

Off topic, but did anything ever come of andrew Harris looking for results to prove his innocence on the Peds

Yes, he was totally exonerated. It was bad beef that was NOT purchased from A&W. Next time he'll make sure his steak and eggs was grown hormone free. He promises. Seriously though, never heard anything except the rumbling footsteps of a pissed off Harris as he carried his team to crushing victories over the Stamps, RIders, and Kitty Cats. With no CFL season, thus no testing, I am sure that he would never consider PEDs prior to this next season. He's learned his lesson...about bad beef.

Edited by GCn20

8 hours ago, CodyT said:

Off topic, but did anything ever come of andrew Harris looking for results to prove his innocence on the Peds

Not yet but there is a team investigating it who have a good record of uncovering evidence of malfeasance.

original.gif

15 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Glenn really took a lot from fans wherever he went. 

For the most part Glenn was beloved when he was with us?  I thought the only negatives were later on when he blamed hackers and complained about being overlooked on other teams?

17 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Nah Glenn was always being shat on for being ok but not great.

I'd say he had a much easier time here then Matt Nichols.    I don't remember people blaming Glenn for our woes.   I remember the opposite of people being WTF Mike Kelly getting rid of Glenn.