2020 Thread

ALuCsRED

6 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Agreed, his passion for CFL supported two teams and enriched every fan's CFL experience. 

He will be missed. 

3 teams...bailed out the TiCats after Ballard died, as well. The man was a known ******* within the BOG, but there's no question he absolutely LOVED the CFL...

I read a thing today (Naylor, maybe?) where, apparently, the Lions were about to fold, and CBC (the CFLs only broadcaster) was apparently going to stop broadcasting if there was no team in BC, so someone from the government went to Braley and told him about it, and that's how he jumped in to help them out the first time....

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sad to hear. Yeah, he loved the CFL for sure. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the

Lions now.

Apparently one of his last wishes, after he realized he was dying, was to make sure there was a smooth transition of ownership of the Lions. I think it was Lalacheur or someone that said it. Said they'll be working with the estate to make sure that everything goes smoothly. 

52 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Apparently one of his last wishes, after he realized he was dying, was to make sure there was a smooth transition of ownership of the Lions. I think it was Lalacheur or someone that said it. Said they'll be working with the estate to make sure that everything goes smoothly. 

question is, y'all got any more of them rich folks willing to lose money on a CFL team?

On 2020-10-28 at 2:18 PM, Mr Dee said:

Worth a look I would think.

Sure it makes sense for the nucks to buy them, its pennies to them any way. 

I wonder if it makes more sense though to move the lions to the other side of the fraser river(or to burnaby or the coq). I dont feel like any thing can make the lions draw decent crowds in VC. 

Current Toronto Argonauts linebacker Jeff Knox Jr. is allegedly a wanted man in his hometown of Pittsburgh. According to Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reporter Lauren Lee, Knox Jr. has been charged with multiple criminal offences.

Police obtained an arrest warrant Friday for Jeffrey Ali Knox Jr., 28, in connection to a shooting on Oct. 23. He is being charged with two counts of attempted homicide, two counts of aggravated assault, reckless endangerment, possession and a firearms violation.