2020 Thread

ALuCsRED

Speaking of the CFLs brief foray into the U.S., Lions beat writer Ed Willes announced his retirement the other day. He wrote a book called End Zones and Border Wars: The Era Of American Expansion in the CFL.... I've never read it but was told that it's absolutely fantastic, so I ordered it on Amazon. Can't wait to read it. Might be of interest to others on here... 

Apparently "Bob" Levi Mitchell is coming to Kelowna at the end of September...lol

Normally, the CFL Calgary Stampeders would be busy preparing for the stretch run toward the playoffs this time of year.

But, COVID-19 has taken care of that, forcing the CFL to cancel the season, leaving players and coaches on the sidelines like many of the rest of us.

With time on their hands, the Stampeders have teams up with the BCFC's Okanagan Sun and the Alfa Project to host a weekend skills camp in Kelowna Sept. 25 to 27.

The camp is open to players in grades seven through 12, as well as youth and high school coaches.

Seven current and former players and coaches from the Stampeders will be in Kelowna to run the camp, including:

• Quarterback Bob Levi Mitchell
  • Receiver Kamar Jordan
  • Offensive lineman Jon Gott
  • Running back Matt Walter
  • Defensive co-ordinator Brent Monson
  • Defensive line coach Corey Mace
  • Special teams coach Taylor Altilio

The weekend begins with a free question and answer session for youth coaches on the Friday evening at a hotel to be determined.

Players in grades seven to nine, and 10 to 12 will each take part in two position-specific skills sessions Saturday, followed by skills and combine testing on the Sunday.

The camp will be held on the Parkinson Rec Centre fields.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-309807-44-.htm#309807

2020 sucks.  

Except the 2020 lager from Little Brown Jug.  I thoroughly enjoyed my tallboy yesterday, as I played the Kinsmen Jackpot Bingo.  Did you know the pot is over $1,050,000?  I'm glad Bingo is filling my Saturday evening entertainment needs rather than watching a good game of football, or driving to Regina for the Banjo bowl.  

5 hours ago, ALuCsRED said:

2020 sucks.  

Except the 2020 lager from Little Brown Jug.  I thoroughly enjoyed my tallboy yesterday, as I played the Kinsmen Jackpot Bingo.  Did you know the pot is over $1,050,000?  I'm glad Bingo is filling my Saturday evening entertainment needs rather than watching a good game of football, or driving to Regina for the Banjo bowl.  

Very very excited to try some new brews the next couple weeks. We're going to take a couple days and uber around to a bunch of new breweries. We got a case of Fort Garry Dark (old reliable) for the cabin and it didn't last the first night haha. The MB Brewers Pack is next up for the next couple days.... 

5 hours ago, ALuCsRED said:

2020 sucks.  

Except the 2020 lager from Little Brown Jug.  I thoroughly enjoyed my tallboy yesterday

Yes, this beer from LBJ and the Blood Orange Crafty Radler from New Brunswick are salvaging my weekends

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The MB Brewers Pack is next up for the next couple days.... 

Let us know which ones you liked best.

On 2020-09-06 at 5:07 AM, ALuCsRED said:

2020 sucks.  

I know it's been a year, but isn't the Banjo Bowl normally played in Winnipeg?  LOL

On 2020-09-06 at 10:34 AM, Noeller said:

Very very excited to try some new brews the next couple weeks. We're going to take a couple days and uber around to a bunch of new breweries. We got a case of Fort Garry Dark (old reliable) for the cabin and it didn't last the first night haha. The MB Brewers Pack is next up for the next couple days.... 

We had a few Fort Garry Dark's at Tony Roma's last Saturday on Pembina - had to send em back as they were totally flat.  My old reliable is Alexander Keith's, with Kokanee being a close second.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Yes the Ranger Live or Die ads were classic.  Great Canadian ad campaign....

I don't see kokanee as much as I used to either. Ever since they were bought up by one of the big players I guess. 

Drove through Creston on the way home a couple days ago and was tempted to stop at the store at the Columbia brewery just because kokanee was the go to back in university days, but it was closed at the time. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I don't see kokanee as much as I used to either. Ever since they were bought up by one of the big players I guess. 

Drove through Creston on the way home a couple days ago and was tempted to stop at the store at the Columbia brewery just because kokanee was the go to back in university days, but it was closed at the time. 

Yeah, it's a shame that happened. 

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah, it's a shame that happened. 

Upon closer review seems I am confused about the whole situation. Labatt was bought out a lot earlier than I thought. I must be confusing another big merger. 

Anyway yay kokanee for memories but booo big beer.