2020 Thread

ALuCsRED

4 hours ago, JCon said:

There are POS fans across the league. We see it here, where our own fans want them to just shut up and play football. 50/50, they'll say to justify their racism.

Sad but true state of affairs, even in Winnipeg look no further than the Human Rights museum debacle for racism, sexism and general injustices.

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Evans apologized for that tweet saying he was sorry if he offended anyone. 

He apologized for offending the non-racist Rider fans. If you read the comments in his twitter feed, so you quickly discover what vile, disgusting human beings those racist folk are.

Again, we see it right here among Bomber fans too. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

He apologized for offending the non-racist Rider fans. If you read the comments in his twitter feed, so you quickly discover what vile, disgusting human beings those racist folk are.

Again, we see it right here among Bomber fans too. 

As much as I despise the Rider fanbase, there are a minority who are you know whats. Most of them are good people. It's a vocal minority that spoil it for the rest of them. Just like there are people who are racist in every fanbase that spoil it for everyone else. The Bomber fanbase is no different. 

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

As much as I despise the Rider fanbase, there are a minority who are you know whats. Most of them are good people. It's a vocal minority that spoil it for the rest of them. Just like there are people who are racist in every fanbase that spoil it for everyone else. The Bomber fanbase is no different. 

Exactly. 

26 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Tomorrow is the last day for opt outs right? I'm kind of surprised Lucky hasn't decided to give it a try

I guess he doesn't have an offer. But, it's not like he wouldn't get another chance, at maybe better pay, upon returning to the CFL. 

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Idk, 

That site and more than a few of the heavy posters have spewed terrible stuff around Indigenous stories in the general forum. 

The vocal minority argument could be true if the message from that group did not filter into every discussion that involved POC. 

I applaud Evans for calling out the bigots during this movement towards change. Hope more players do this. 

6 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Idk, 

That site and more than a few of the heavy posters have spewed terrible stuff around Indigenous stories in the general forum. 

The vocal minority argument could be true if the message from that group did not filter into every discussion that involved POC. 

I applaud Evans for calling out the bigots during this movement towards change. Hope more players do this. 

if you don't think there aren't racist & bigots in our fanbase then you're quite naive. It exists everywhere.

Watching and hearing about all of these 'opt outs' is so bloody disheartening...It's like the league is going through a 'death by a thousand cuts' every time you hear about one of our guys going south...Can't blame them for trying ...but crappy to follow at the same time ....I hope and believe also most of these players will return next year ...........................hopefully

53 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Watching and hearing about all of these 'opt outs' is so bloody disheartening...It's like the league is going through a 'death by a thousand cuts' every time you hear about one of our guys going south...Can't blame them for trying ...but crappy to follow at the same time ....I hope and believe also most of these players will return next year ...........................hopefully

They aren't guaranteed or necessarily going south...it's just if they are still under contract they cant get approached and or look/ask for any tryouts, so being released just gives them the ability to get a look if a team is interested.

Opting out is not copping out, this is just a protection for the players negotiated by the CFLPA. It’s really the only option they have to have a long shot chance to play football with somebody.

Very few will make it. Theadric Hansen being the best example of someone who will play..in Poland.

Edit - Deadline for #CFL players to opt out of contracts has been extended. League source said no new deadline specified yet.

Edited by Mr Dee