2020 Thread

ALuCsRED

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Another interesting thought....

With the loss of the year, players will go a minimum 18 months between meaningful contact, and Father Time is undefeated. Who hangs them up due to the lost season? I raise this question tied into the list above, specifically 2 players. Bryant will be 35, Harris 34, and Chad Rempel 40 before the start of next year, even if it starts at the normal time (Justin Medlock will be 37 and a half, but a kicker's age is a different issue than other players, if you know what I mean). When the NHL went silent in 2005, lots of aging players could not compete when things started up again after the long layoff. Who do people think we have seen the last of?

these are different times now with training..lifestyles..new techniques...this time off may actually in a lot of cases extend a guys career, and allow some to become truly healthy...a player now in his early to mid 30's isn't the same player that was in his early to mid 30's a decade or 2 ago

Some guys could be coming back in 2021 in the best shapes of their careers

5 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Does this year off help extend Harris's career, full 18 months to let his body recover from the heavy work load.

I was thinking the same thing. I was also thinking another year and maybe he doesnt come back at all :( hes not getting any younger. The shitty part is if we have a season next year and hes not as good as his 2019 run all the nay sayers will say "see he was on steroids and now its showing blah blah blah"

I was really looking forward to seeing him play another full season this year and just dominate and show everyone they were wrong. 

Streveler
“There have been quite a few guys throughout the facility who chat me up about it because its kind of unique and I have nothing but good things to say about my time up in Canada.”

“Its super unfortunate that the CFL season got canceled. I’ve got a lot of love for my teammates and the people up there. I know it was really tough on all of them.”
https://3downnation.com/2020/08/21/cardinals-qb-chris-streveler-bonded-with-head-coach-kliff-kingsbury-over-shared-love-of-canadian-restaurant-chain-earls/

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Attitude is everything an streveler has it.

This is a guy who started straight out of college. He got Lapo's attention and won the starting job over a more senior back-up QB. 

He may not stick in the NFL but he's going to earn every opportunity to do just that. 

Streveler’s presence on the Cardinal’s roster, from that article, doesn’t lead me to believe that they’re going “a la Paul LaPolice” with their offence, that is, carving out a special role for Strevs that highlights his unique style of play.

His Coach and teammates seem suitably impressed by his attitude and hard work. That, we are aware of up here in Winnipeg. But, unless they use him for specifically designed plays, they won’t realize the potential weapon they have right before their eyes.

I’m hoping to see more designed plays for him and not just trying to fit him into a square hole.

That, to me, obviously would be a “- - - - - - - -“ sin.