2020 Thread

ALuCsRED

17 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

"Small" is probably not the right word to use. Short, maybe, but not small.

not sure if I posted about this before or not, but I've been watching my DVDs of the 2007 season, and my wife can not reconcile in her mind that the guy playing STs wearing 34 is the same guy that is "in charge of the Bombers" right now..... 

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

not sure if I posted about this before or not, but I've been watching my DVDs of the 2007 season, and my wife can not reconcile in her mind that the guy playing STs wearing 34 is the same guy that is "in charge of the Bombers" right now..... 

Get some earlier games when they actually let him touch the ball occasionally for full effect.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Please provide the names of people who quit the Blue Bombers because of Miller.... Noeller? blue_gold84? BigBlue204? JCon? can you guys tell me? I mean, it's obvious I need to learn who they are.

I cannot speak of the Bomber's org but I've heard complaints from his other ventures, Pinnacle, Elite, etc. 

Please provide the names of people who quit the Blue Bombers because of Miller.... Noeller? blue_gold84? BigBlue204? JCon? can you guys tell me? I mean, it's obvious I need to learn who they are.

The old operations manager did. I found out later though that he's a **** too, so maybe that doesn't mean much lol. (I'm friends with his ex-wife)

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

I cannot speak of the Bomber's org but I've heard complaints from his other ventures, Pinnacle, Elite, etc. 

Hey, we've all had bosses that are tough. I was referring to the Bombers & football Ops. Have people in Ops left the Bombers because of Miller directly? I never heard of anyone. 

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Hey, we've all had bosses that are tough. I was referring to the Bombers & football Ops. Have people in Ops left the Bombers because of Miller directly? I never heard of anyone. 

I don't know. I haven't heard anything from the Bombers org. It's pretty small, without a lot of turnover (after Miller got his people in). I wouldn't put too much into those that we're pushed out. 

I just heard things from prior to his Bomber tenure. It only came up because he has a high profile in the community. 

Employees come & go everyday. Especially if they're unhappy at their job. Doesn't take much for a boss to act like a **** to push someone out. When they leave it's always the boss's fault. Sounds like Miller is a hard ass & a perfectionist & maybe even a bit of a control freak but when it comes to the Bombers, in the seven years Miller, Walters & OS have never left so it could be he has to act differently when he deals with them. 

The bigger issue is the list of those who he fired !

11 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

The bigger issue is the list of those who he fired !

What bigger issue? What Miller does with his companies has nothing to do with how he runs the Bombers. Same with the Bombers. Do you know how many Team Presidents heve come & gone since their last one in 1990. Some have been Salt Of The Earth guys I'm sure & others have been asshats but they all lost.  Miller just won the Grey Cup. Like others have siad, I don't care how he did it. We are the champions.  So, there's no "bigger issue" here. More like "no one gives a **** issue".

Edited by SpeedFlex27

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Employees come & go everyday. Especially if they're unhappy at their job. Doesn't take much for a boss to act like a **** to push someone out. When they leave it's always the boss's fault. Sounds like Miller is a hard ass & a perfectionist & maybe even a bit of a control freak but when it comes to the Bombers, in the seven years Miller, Walters & OS have never left so it could be he has to act differently when he deals with them. 

Having as many years as a consultant as I do I can assure you there are tons of "bosses" out there who are dicks to work for, but they are successful (some, not all). Sometimes employees are guilty of not seeing the big picture and just assuming they're hard done by when in reality they are not.

I do know that the creator of the Extra Point left the Bombers under Miller's tenure. I can't say for sure, but I got the impression it wasn't on the best of terms. Is that a direct result of Miller? Don't know...but the timing adds up. My cousin was the manager of the Bomber store at the stadium and he said Miller was a tough guy to work for. Didn't slag him but said he is a my way or the highway kind of guy.

3 hours ago, M.Silverback said:

Good update article on the CFL status by Dave Naylor. Not looking promising for a 2020 CFL season.
https://www.tsn.ca/talent/where-things-stand-with-a-2020-cfl-season-1.1507703

That's okay, it's not like the CFL season during the summer is one of my single, most favorite events that helps me get through even the harshest of January freezing temperatures...