2020 Thread

ALuCsRED

I'm all for Wade Miller being our new Commissioner. He knows what teams need from the league from a financial & marketing perspective as a Team president whereas Randy Ambrosie really hasn't figured it out yet, it would seem. That & I believe he would bring a less hostile perspective to player relations & CBA negotiations. Dump Ambrosie & bring in Miller as long as Bombers replace him with someone who can fill his shoes as Bomber President. He may also hopefully have some ideas as to how to grow the game here in Canada. Especially Toronto & Vancouver. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Good news emerged Friday in the quest for government funding for a CFL season, as the federal government’s Deputy Chief Public Health Officer Dr. Howard Njoo told Dan Ralph of the Canadian Press that Health Canada was reviewing the hub city protocols proposed by the CFL and had a positive outlook.

Deputy Chief Public Health Officer Dr. Howard Njoo calls CFL hub city plan ‘encouraging’

After coming to no decision on a season after meeting on Thursday, Ralph reports that the CFL board of governors will hold a rare videoconference on back-to-back days on Friday. The clock is ticking on the possibility of a CFL season, but it also appears the action is heating up.
https://3downnation.com/2020/08/07/deputy-chief-public-health-officer-dr-howard-njoo-calls-cfl-hub-city-plan-encouraging/

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

And here as well. being the resident expert here on everything because you say you are well read, surprised you missed this.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47c0lu5n4hn8bfcl8nmq

https://cflpa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/CFLPA-FAQ-02-22-2014.pdf

10 hours ago, Floyd said:

Ha still so bitter about the N95 masks...

I stand corrected!

You two on these forums =     tenor.gif

It's cute.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Andreas Englund - Artist Profile - WOW x WOW

You know, in my younger days I was a Somebody. People looked up in the sky & the sight of me flying around the city would put fear in the hearts of those who would do evil. Now that I'm old & retired, nobody cares anymore. I used to wake up every morning with a purpose. Now, I have no purpose. I can't fly anymore & it's become extremely hard to lift a building above my head because my shoulders ache. So, I sit around wondering what to do? What to do? 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 2020-08-06 at 10:38 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm all for Wade Miller being our new Commissioner. He knows what teams need from the league from a financial & marketing perspective as a Team president whereas Randy Ambrosie really hasn't figured it out yet, it would seem. That & I believe he would bring a less hostile perspective to player relations & CBA negotiations. Dump Ambrosie & bring in Miller as long as Bombers replace him with someone who can fill his shoes as Bomber President. He may also hopefully have some ideas as to how to grow the game here in Canada. Especially Toronto & Vancouver. 

I'm guessing you dont know anyone who has worked for him? Less hostile isnt how I would describe it. Lol

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm guessing you dont know anyone who has worked for him? Less hostile isnt how I would describe it. Lol

I know of Miller's reputation as a hard ass. Thing is, if he was that hard to work for I believe that Walters & O'Shea would have left years ago. Especially that 2014-16 era where the team was struggling.  Yet no one quit on Miller. 

11 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

I think Big Blue was referring to those who had been fired....lol.

I'm not a mind reader. I have no idea what he means.  He can put a laughing icon up after my comments but I don't care.  If he wants to talk in circles or like he knows some kind of inside joke then he can have at 'er. 

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm not a mind reader. I have no idea what he means.  He can put a laughing icon up after my comments but I don't care.  If he wants to talk in circles or like he knows some kind of inside joke then he can have at 'er. 

Get a dictionary and look up quit and look up fired...no secret hidden meaning. Sadly I know of too many people who were fired under his watch. Ya ya I know your response you bring in your own people. PS no inside joke...I just know victims....not laughing about it either.