2020 Thread

ALuCsRED

Looks like the feds. have told the league today that we do not fund for profit sports....even though the CFL is a Canadian institution ..They have mega millions for foreign countries but nada for our football league...Trudeau and his gang might look at their WE programme ....might find some loot hiding in there

7 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Looks like the feds. have told the league today that we do not fund for profit sports....even though the CFL is a Canadian institution ..They have mega millions for foreign countries but nada for our football league...Trudeau and his gang might look at their WE programme ....might find some loot hiding in there

But hey we can toss 50 million to mastercard no problems though =\ 

The way the CFL asked for funding was very ham-fisted... every other company is getting CERB wage subsidy and essentially forgiveable loans...

Would be good to see the details of what was actually requested

That being said, Dunk is getting pretty adept at click-bait...

There is a very easy solution to the Federal funding dilemma.... now that Winnipeg is the hub for 2021 CFL why could you not funnel almost ALL the expenses through the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (for an admin fee of course)...

Winnipeg is the only community-owned corporation that does not issue share capital - its a non-profit.  This is just enough wiggle room for the feds to say 'yes' and still be within their rules and regs...

If you listen to the Heritage Minister, he is just reciting their policy and basically telling the CFL what words NOT to put in the application...  I've had this happen before, its an easy fix - quick rewrite of the business plan.

26 minutes ago, Floyd said:

You're right they never use the specific word impossible... just extremely negative about everything all the time...

https://canadanewsmedia.ca/3-downs-how-conversations-are-progressing-between-cfl-players-tsn/

Better to get right to the facts and leave people with no illusions....I'd rather have it straight up (just like my Crown Royal) ....If it comes off as negative thems the breaks

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

There is a very easy solution to the Federal funding dilemma.... now that Winnipeg is the hub for 2021 CFL why could you not funnel almost ALL the expenses through the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (for an admin fee of course)...

Winnipeg is the only community-owned corporation that does not issue share capital - its a non-profit.  This is just enough wiggle room for the feds to say 'yes' and still be within their rules and regs...

If you listen to the Heritage Minister, he is just reciting their policy and basically telling the CFL what words NOT to put in the application...  I've had this happen before, its an easy fix - quick rewrite of the business plan.

General anti-avoidance rule of the Income Tax Act says hi.

47 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Do I really have to remind you how quickly things have changed in the last 33 days?

If you google for 12 seconds, you can find that their comments didn't...  

And actually things haven't changed a whole lot in the last 33 days...  I was in Manitoba three weeks ago and it had already reopened

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Rules are rules until a Minister wants something done...  CFL will get funding and we will have a season 

Except GAAR is under ITA, which is federally regulated whereas the Minister for Manitoba (I'm assuming that's whom your referring to) is at the provincial level... seeing as how the feds have already said they wouldn't be funding, why wouldn't they go after those for-profit entities trying to bend tax rules? Especially to hide taxable income?

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

Except GAAR is under ITA, which is federally regulated whereas the Minister for Manitoba (I'm assuming that's whom your referring to) is at the provincial level... seeing as how the feds have already said they wouldn't be funding, why wouldn't they go after those for-profit entities trying to bend tax rules? Especially to hide taxable income?

There’s income in the CFL this year ha?