2020 Thread

ALuCsRED

Personally, as much as I'd like to see the CFL again this year - I think they're underestimating the impact injuries have on this situation. Football is a violent sport, what happens when a player gets hurt? Normally you'd fly in another body, and the other guy would recover on IR or whatever... under COVID though... imagine you have a linemen go down you'd have to...

1) Fly in a new player, potentially exposing the entire league to COVID, not only that said player would have to self-quarantine
2) Retain a much higher level of reserve players in your initial 'bubble', likely ballooning salary costs for the league that's already suffering
3) Coax Nik Lewis out of retirement.

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

Was that before filing for bankruptcy? 

AAF ceased operating then declared bankruptcy shortly thereafter so during the entire process.  I also remember the league having issueds making payroll even before they ceased operations. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Burris is deserving as is Childress and Huffer. Don't know enough about Brock.

As for Burris, I will always remember going to the 2003 LDC and Burris had just rejoined the Riders. Fans are chanting to put him in and he eventually goes in and stinks (Winnipeg won that day 36-18). Fans start chanting to take Burris out and our group starts chanting to keep him in.

“I think as long as the precautionary measures and the self-isolation periods and the other recommendations of our health officer are respected and followed, then I think that we’re not in an unreasonable position to offer relative safety. And in offering relative safety, if we can then advance our economy and our social lives, then that’s a good thing,” Pallister said.

“Yes, I do miss my sports — I do. But I don’t think there’s a day coming very soon where we’re going to have the ability to get back in the stands and cheer on the Bombers to that next Grey Cup. I’m realistic about this and I think all Manitobans must be,” Pallister said.

“So I think we can draw the distinction here and realize we must maintain safety on the one hand, but we can’t let our fears cause us to remove every aspect of our lives. We’ll have more to say on that in due course when there’s something to say.”

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Okay, so what did Fred Childress, a LT ever do to piss you off?

didn't play for the BOmbers and I'm pretty sure he was a dirty player. That's my memory of that era. So, therefore, f*** him. 

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

There will be fans in the stands by September...  5000 or 10,000

I was chatting with the girlfriend about the potential fans. If seated properly,you could spread out 10000 fans in that stadium. .........The argos heads will be spinning when they see that many seats filled.

On 2020-07-20 at 12:25 PM, 17to85 said:

And **** the stamps. Like seriously to hell with the lot of em!

On 2020-07-20 at 1:51 PM, Noeller said:

also he was a Rider.....so double that. 

On 2020-07-16 at 11:22 AM, Noeller said:

didn't like Childress and absolutely despise Henry Burris. Fart noises. Good for Huff and Uteck as builders, tho...

On 2020-07-20 at 2:21 PM, Floyd said:

He allowed Marcus Crandall to have five steamboats for the entire  2001 grey cup...